MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 27/02/21

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to all involved today.

As good a result as I hoped to see, ahead of the Bolton game.

Nicky Adams great, Dylan B needs to be tied in to a contract somehow, it will be cruel to never see him at BP.

Can we all agree that Pidge is the right player for now, never mind what he isn't or never will be, didn't miss a header, scored a good goal.

I will LOVE IT if we beat Bolton

2 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Can we all agree that Pidge is the right player for now, never mind what he isn't or never will be, didn't miss a header, scored a good goal.

Diarra, despite being a walking red card, was OK at centre back in the 1st half.

Jameson did a solid job at left back.

But how much better did Clarke look alongside Piergianni.  Piergianni has limitations but he's way more decisive than any other centre back on the books.  Great header from a corner too!

6 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Well done to all involved today.

As good a result as I hoped to see, ahead of the Bolton game.

Nicky Adams great, Dylan B needs to be tied in to a contract somehow, it will be cruel to never see him at BP.

I will LOVE IT if we beat Bolton

Subs did well, Blackwood and Grant up front added some physicality as did Pidge and Jamieson at the back.

It was right to take McAleny off as he is so slow getting into games. I can see him being sub against Bolton.

Nice cameo from Fage, injected some much needed pace.

Fantastic performance. Poor first half, and an awful goal to concede, but second half they were always on the front foot and the pressure lead to the penalty. I actually think Bam had another poor game but that's why it's worth keeping him on, he always has that moment of magic in him 

Adams MotM for me 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Subs did well, Blackwood and Grant up front added some physicality as did Pidge and Jamieson at the back.

It was right to take McAleny off as he is so slow getting into games. I can see him being sub against Bolton.

agree with all that. Especially fage. Looks like he's fighting to get back in. And before he came on Carlisle showed how painfully slow our players are

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I respect your opinions but McAlmont has been good recently. Gets around and covers ground for our forwards who don’t move unless it’s running forward. 

What a change Wow.Talk about a game of 2 halfs!!!

No way did I expect us to win after that crap first half.We alwayscplay better attacking and on the front foot and have pace.Good use of subs.

Cant wait to see our goals again on Quest especially  Bams shot.Get him signed up .Also Piers had a blinder .

I'd start looking to form a partnership from now until the end of the season. Clarke is no better than diarra. Recent performances say he's worse. Pierrgianni is a beast. Might not be gifted but u get what is on the tin and like someone has just posted, he steadies his partner. Id much rather he steady diarra than clarke for our long term gain. I think diarra has something in him. Hes just not used to the speed of the English game yet

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Add Tasdemir to the list of never to play for us again. Grant a lot better 

he;s been terrible but he's a midfielder. i think he's been thrown under a bus by kewell being asked to play up front on own but i do think he could have worked harder at least. i think if he's played in midfield or on wing where he usually plays we might see something better from him

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

he;s been terrible but he's a midfielder. i think he's been thrown under a bus by kewell being asked to play up front on own but i do think he could have worked harder at least. i think if he's played in midfield or on wing where he usually plays we might see something better from him

His inability to control a football suggests otherwise, he might improve but I’d rather play Whelan / Blackwood and have them improve than that fraud. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Game of 2 halves. 

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Good second half. Good going forward. Crap at the back, again. Slow start, again. But good win in the end.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

But how much better did Clarke look alongside Piergianni.  Piergianni has limitations but he's way more decisive than any other centre back on the books.  Great header from a corner too!

the three posts above say it all for me 👍

Well done to the players and, dare I say it, Kewell's tactics [second half at least]. I missed this one due to other more pressing issues. I saw the score at H/T, thought the worse and didn't get chance to check again until the game had finished. A pleasant surprise to see the score line though.

Archived