MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 27/02/21

Really enjoyed that today,

First half, I was fearing the worst when the goal went in and the way we were performing, I thought it might turn to three.

Credit to the lads for digging in second half and getting the lucky break with the penalty, goalie had no chance but the best was yet to come.

After seeing Bam slice that defensive clearance, giving away a corner, I thought he'd left his shooting boots at home but what a bloody pearler that was, sent sailing past the keeper and more zeros added to the fee we'll no doubts be having to accept.

Pidge had a point to prove and took ball and player to head that home.

Brilliant reaction to Tuesday night's shocker and turning Bolton over would be sweeter still.

Happy once again and I'll be sure to enjoy this top weekend.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were better 2nd half but that doesn’t say much as we were a bloody woeful outfit in the first!!

Kewell got out of jail there, until that fortunate penalty coming when it did we were as bad if not worse than Tuesday.

I lost count of the amount of times our midfielders failed to track the runners and instead stood ball watching, they are just about the laziest players I’ve ever seen in a blue shirt.

There’s no doubt they are the polar opposite at the other end of the pitch but don’t really start to give a shit until  we’ve scored and that penalty definitely changed the game in our favour.

We absolutely need three players as a minimum to turn us into promotion hopefuls and thats providing we can hold on to our better performers. 

Im not fooled at all by that result today.....we were bloody awful. Against a decent side it would have been all over by half-time!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We were better 2nd half but that doesn’t say much as we were a bloody woeful outfit in the first!!

Kewell got out of jail there, until that fortunate penalty coming when it did we were as bad if not worse than Tuesday.

I lost count of the amount of times our midfielders failed to track the runners and instead stood ball watching, they are just about the laziest players I’ve ever seen in a blue shirt.

There’s no doubt they are the polar opposite at the other end of the pitch but don’t really start to give a shit until  we’ve scored and that penalty definitely changed the game in our favour.

We absolutely need three players as a minimum to turn us into promotion hopefuls and thats providing we can hold on to our better performers. 

Im not fooled at all by that result today.....we were bloody awful. Against a decent side it would have been all over by half-time!

They must be an half decent side, they were favourites for the title not long ago.

Great result, but I can't get too excited over these away wins anymore with our home record as terrible as it is. It's all very frustrating. This team are like the girl in the pub who's all flirty and promising you the world after a few drinks on a Saturday night, but then completely blanks you in Tesco on a Tuesday afternoon... and then expects you to fall for it when they're all flirty again the weekend after. I'm not saying that this team are a bunch of prick teasers, but I just wish I knew where I stood with them 🤔😉😅

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Strange summary.

Carlisle will be in the play offs this season....minimum. 

We do BETTER against the better sides.  I thought we all knew this? 

Absolutely delighted with this result today after such a poor first half,Carl P must start on Tuesday for me , he is a no nonsense center half clears his lines  and very rarely looses out on a high ball, made up for him with his goal.  i do hope Bamboola gets a new contract and freedom of oldham which he will be delighted with 😁..Roll on Tuesday and lets stuff the trotters.

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

YESSSSSSS

Pidge today tho 😳 shuda done the walk!! Love a header where you win ball man and team mate all in one go, must have felt mint to bag that seal the points.

48 points still to play for 🚤🚤🚤

We just love an old fashioned centre half don't we?😁

1 hour ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Great result, but I can't get too excited over these away wins anymore with our home record as terrible as it is. It's all very frustrating. This team are like the girl in the pub who's all flirty and promising you the world after a few drinks on a Saturday night, but then completely blanks you in Tesco on a Tuesday afternoon... and then expects you to fall for it when they're all flirty again the weekend after. I'm not saying that this team are a bunch of prick teasers, but I just wish I knew where I stood with them 🤔😉😅

Yes, like a flirty woman. Good up front but worryingly flaky at the rear...

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

What a change Wow.Talk about a game of 2 halfs!!!

No way did I expect us to win after that crap first half.We alwayscplay better attacking and on the front foot and have pace.Good use of subs.

Cant wait to see our goals again on Quest especially  Bams shot.Get him signed up .Also Piers had a blinder ..Thought  the referee  and officials  were good forca change 

Great result yesterday, amazing how a win can make my weekend. 

Interestingly the Carlisle commentators picked up on our weaknesses in the first half. Nice technical players but no one who wants to win second balls, put their foot in and do the dirty stuff. 

It's obvious and should have been addressed in January. 

30 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Great result yesterday, amazing how a win can make my weekend. 

Interestingly the Carlisle commentators picked up on our weaknesses in the first half. Nice technical players but no one who wants to win second balls, put their foot in and do the dirty stuff. 

It's obvious and should have been addressed in January. 

Think Diarra in midfield is the one who could win the ball. Not sure why HK hasnt used him there considering the weakness in that area.

Archived