MATCH: vs Bolton (H) 02/03/21

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Whilst passing the ball out from the back and NOT playing 442. 

You make a mockery of yourself sometimes yano 🙄

They have better players to make it work, don't you understand the game?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂😂😂

No BP l log on here just to read what you say then l go outside and repeat it and sound like a Football genius.

Geniuses are long remembered.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

They're on a good run...........like we were a couple of months ago............ and have a better squad with few long-term injured.

Tell us all now, who do you want as manager ??

Pep, all day long but in reality I'd go with Coleman and his trusty sidekick Bell

They'd soon sort out the wheat from the chaff here.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The ‘mini revival’ has coincided with three key additions to the team.

Kieran Lee, Marcus Maddison and Declan John have joined in the past few weeks.

They also have two solid centre backs in Santos and Baptiste plus three very good forwards in Doyle, Isgrove and Sarcevic.

Bolton have some very good footballers and if we are not absolutely on our game they will turn us over. This is going to be a tough game.

Teams aren't beat on paper

I couldn't see us getting anything from carlisle and that was all down to what I thought, on paper, we'd really struggle against.

Anything can happen! Maddison could lose his head and get sent off again, forget who they are and play off our last result.

When we played Bolton away back in October it was our first victory. Of their team that day no more than two or three are still first choice - Santos, Sarcevic and Doyle 

Latics starting lineup that game was: Bilboe, Ntambwe, Jombati, Piergianni, Hamer, Garrity, Whelan, Barnett, Bahamboula, Rowe, McAleny.

I imagine no more than three or four who started that day will be in from the off this evening - a lot has changed in a short time. 😮

Ian Evatt is a bit of a nobber isn't he (Brand Evatt "doesn't do losing")... but he confirms everything we have all said in this thread.  He is also not happy with the clubs ifollow pundit.

“If you don’t like us passing it around and want us to boot it up to the front man, it’s not changing. We can’t boot it up there because we haven’t got any physicality at the top end of the pitch. That is what these League Two defenders want... – big hairy-***** defenders who are 6ft 5ins want to head it out all day long... they don’t want us moving and probing them and having rotations and passing patterns, that’s what they don’t want.  

If you want to see that then go and watch someone else because you are not going to see it here, that’s my message to them. And I am talking about one person in particular there and you all know who I am talking about.”

Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is 'baffled' by iFollow negativity after Barrow victory | The Bolton News

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ian Evatt is a bit of a nobber isn't he (Brand Evatt "doesn't do losing")... but he confirms everything we have all said in this thread.  He is also not happy with the clubs ifollow pundit.

“If you don’t like us passing it around and want us to boot it up to the front man, it’s not changing. We can’t boot it up there because we haven’t got any physicality at the top end of the pitch. That is what these League Two defenders want... – big hairy-***** defenders who are 6ft 5ins want to head it out all day long... they don’t want us moving and probing them and having rotations and passing patterns, that’s what they don’t want.  

If you want to see that then go and watch someone else because you are not going to see it here, that’s my message to them. And I am talking about one person in particular there and you all know who I am talking about.”

Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is 'baffled' by iFollow negativity after Barrow victory | The Bolton News

Good for him.  Has the balls to stick to his guns

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Good for him.  Has the balls to stick to his guns

Absolutely. 

He is a bit of pillock though, speaks in the 3rd person about how wonderful he is on a regular basis. Humility isn't a strong point.  Keith Hill without the track record but with better trousers.

38 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Teams aren't beat on paper

I couldn't see us getting anything from carlisle and that was all down to what I thought, on paper, we'd really struggle against.

Anything can happen! Maddison could lose his head and get sent off again, forget who they are and play off our last result.

Agree that no game is won ‘on paper’.

However, my original point still stands. Bolton may have been poor but they had a very good January transfer window. They brought in a couple of experienced players in Lee and John along with a mercurial talent that is Maddison. Yes they look strong ‘on paper’ but they also look strong on the park as evidenced by their recent winning streak.

To a certain extent it was the same for Carlisle. However the Cumbrians form has been more up and down recently and I had backed us to win at Carlisle. (Though I was questioning my sanity at halftime...)

Anything can happen this evening but for us to get something from the game we will need to be on our game from the start.

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Absolutely. 

He is a bit of pillock though, speaks in the 3rd person about how wonderful he is on a regular basis. Humility isn't a strong point.  Keith Hill without the track record but with better trousers.

Not sure humility is a common thing in successful managers.  He's looking like he has a decent chance of two promotions in three seasons of management

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Absolutely. 

I think Anthony Gerrard summed it up well when he effectively said that you don't have to like the guy to respect him as a manager.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

....including himself.

whats the sack of lard doing these days?

Hi everyone, I’ll be starting my own academy soon as these restrictions are lifted, so any grassroots teams/players wanting a professional coaching sessions feel free to message me on here. Once I’ve got my venue nailed down ill let you all know. It’ll be 30 players split into

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hi everyone, I’ll be starting my own academy soon as these restrictions are lifted, so any grassroots teams/players wanting a professional coaching sessions feel free to message me on here. Once I’ve got my venue nailed down ill let you all know. It’ll be 30 players split into

🤣

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree that no game is won ‘on paper’.

However, my original point still stands. Bolton may have been poor but they had a very good January transfer window. They brought in a couple of experienced players in Lee and John along with a mercurial talent that is Maddison. Yes they look strong ‘on paper’ but they also look strong on the park as evidenced by their recent winning streak.

To a certain extent it was the same for Carlisle. However the Cumbrians form has been more up and down recently and I had backed us to win at Carlisle. (Though I was questioning my sanity at halftime...)

Anything can happen this evening but for us to get something from the game we will need to be on our game from the start.

I realise that and it'd be just like us to get a result against this lot and then have another reversal against a bottom 3 side like Southend.

That's without the mercurial Nile Ranger 😉

Archived