MATCH: vs Southend United (H) 06/03/21

Have to say, apart from getting caught under the ball once, Pidge yesterday was 8.5/10 minimum had a great game asking for the ball, lookin up and passing. Did all his arial Pidge stuff and played Football on top of it. Why not do that every week? (rhet. lno probably why, but we are handing out credit here.)

• Like 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make no mistake....this lot and the head coach are more than capable of taking this club into the National League. If we were to end up in a relegation scrap we are definitely not equipped to come thr

It’s a shocking standard. Both teams are absolutely shite. League 2 is absolutely shite. 

We appear to be getting to that time in the season again when any chance of a late charge for play offs has evaporated and as we are safe from relegation tools are being downed. I did say prior to the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Have to say, apart from getting caught under the ball once, Pidge yesterday was 8.5/10 minimum had a great game asking for the ball, lookin up and passing. Did all his arial Pidge stuff and played Football on top of it. Why not do that every week? (rhet. lno probably why, but we are handing out credit here.)

Agree - since he was dropped and then lost the armband, good ol’ Pidge has come back far stronger. He is a definite competitor at the back, good in the air and more than useful on balls into the box from set pieces at the other end.

He just needs to cut down on the long hopeful cross field/upfield punts and he will be a far better player. Just give the ball to someone in the middle of the park ...😀

• Like 1

I may have missed it, but is there any official confirmation on Garrity being injured? He’s not appeared in a squad since we signed Taz & Hilsner. BG is far from a key player, but does have a nice habit of ghosting into the box to score. Would be a useful player to have on the bench to influence a tight game like yesterday.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

but yes fuckinell what an absolutely terrible game of Football.

This is why Pidge was good he suits a scrap. 

Did play a worldie of a cross field pass in fairness to him. Only took 35 games 

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I may have missed it, but is there any official confirmation on Garrity being injured? He’s not appeared in a squad since we signed Taz & Hilsner. BG is far from a key player, but does have a nice habit of ghosting into the box to score. Would be a useful player to have on the bench to influence a tight game like yesterday.

Last week Kewell skipped the Garrity question, but this week he did say he was injured.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

He just needs to cut down on the long hopeful cross field/upfield punts and he will be a far better player. Just give the ball to someone in the middle of the park ...😀

You mean the opposition? 😀

• Like 1
20 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The last 6 seasons the 23rd placed team has received 

19/20 Macc Town 32pts * on 39 games

18/19 Notts County 41  pts

17/18 Barnet 46 pts

16/17 Hartlepool 46 pts

15/16 Dagenham & Redbridge 34 pts

14/15 Cheltenham 41 pts.

So based on that 47 points is the magic number that sees you home 2 wins and 2 draws from 14 games will see us get that.

The final 14 games in 17/18 yielded 17 points,  3 wins and 8 draws. It would take a far more spectacular collapse from here for us to go down to the national league.

Only 2 go down from L2 where 4 went down from L1 and we went down on the last day and we were only 1 goal either scored or kept out from staying up.

Good answer. 

Your comment that the beach mentality happened routinely in L1 is what worries me, given where we are now and given that this squad is far worse than that one. We’re certainly not safe given our form since January.

The agony goes on, and will do until the Chuckle Brothers are gone.

Edited by Worcester Owl
4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree - since he was dropped and then lost the armband, good ol’ Pidge has come back far stronger. He is a definite competitor at the back, good in the air and more than useful on balls into the box from set pieces at the other end.

He won't because they will immediately give it to the opposition.

3 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Hope he's not crossed Mo.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hope he's not crossed Mo.

I hope he has. I hope every single player tells Mo exactly what they think of him, and then watch the ‘powers’ squirm trying to select a team where everyone has crossed Mo.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

This is why Pidge was good he suits a scrap. 

Did play a worldie of a cross field pass in fairness to him. Only took 35 games 

yeah just as roy was goin 'these never work' 😂😂😂

what a pass that was

HK's assessment is woeful, I don't think he was watching the same game as us. He said that they knew Southend would play direct. The didn't. The defence was solid. It wasn't. He got his other comment right. We were poor in the final 3rd. He should have said we were poor all over the pitch. Fage was one of the better players yesterday and they stopped Bamboozle, or he just wasn't up for it. 

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good answer. 

Your comment that the beach mentality happened routinely in L1 is what worries me, given where we are now and given that this squad is far worse than that one. We’re certainly not safe given our form since January.

The agony goes on, and will do until the Chuckle Brothers are gone.

We've got 12 points from 11 games since the start of January (or 5 from 6 since the end). That form would be comfortably good enough to stay up, I reckon. 

On 3/6/2021 at 4:53 PM, BP1960 said:

That was as sackable as a defeat.

Absolutely clueless manager and players.

Departure nothing to to with me I assure you.

• Like 1

I know he has been sacked now so it is pretty irrelevant, but Kewell's decision to play Nicky Adams at left back was every bit as bad as the Ntambwe/Bahamboula substitution...

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I know he has been sacked now so it is pretty irrelevant, but Kewell's decision to play Nicky Adams at left back was every bit as bad as the Ntambwe/Bahamboula substitution...

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Adams playing left wing-back tonight.  He's played there for Curle before and if no other naturally left-sided player is available then he'll have to do.