MATCH: vs Southend United (H) 06/03/21

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

So poor.

Positives: pitch looks good.  Defensively solid against a toothless side.

Negatives: everything else, but special mentions for Grant and McAlmont.  

Southend will be lucky to stay up in the National League next season

Down with us then as we were worse 

2 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Until we get a manager who can recruit his own players we can expect this standard of football.

Won't happen as we all know, hence the lack of faith in this hopeless regime.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If we get one of those I’d want better than this toilet we have now - as it is, pointless replacing him 

I can only agree with that. Until Coco's brother is stopped from recruiting players we've no chance of improving.

1 minute ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Until we get a manager who can recruit his own players we can expect this standard of football.

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

If we get one of those I’d want better than this toilet we have now - as it is, pointless replacing him 

Lots of clubs use our ‘model’ with great success. In fact most the premier league does. Like anything in life it’s the inept people running things not the system. The fact is they have recruited a largely average squad, and appointed a very poor coach. Again. 

Buy better players, and if you can’t afford that- then you must employ a decent coach. We haven’t got either. But if we did have a decent coach he would be able to make the average- decent. And get the most out of our key players. 

The coach does matter and always will. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Lots of clubs use our ‘model’ with great success. In fact most the premier league does. Like anything in life it’s the inept people running things not the system. The fact is they have recruited a largely average squad, and appointed a very poor coach. Again. 

Buy better players, and if you can’t afford that- then you must employ a decent coach. We haven’t got either. But if we did have a decent coach he would be able to make the average- decent. And get the most out of our key players. 

The coach does matter and always will. 

Clubs that use our system have football people doing the recruiting, not he rank amateur thet we have.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That was as sackable as a defeat.

Absolutely clueless manager and players.

I've been waving the stability flag but it's hard to disagree with this.

We look useless at the back overall but they were laughably bad going forward which let us off the hook.

I think they were pretty organised and disciplined but we hardly gave them any threat to put that statement to the test.

A clean sheet is the only positive I can take from that game but it wasn't due to us being good at the back.

I think we'll be able to pull off enough results like Carlisle to keep us clear of serious relegation danger, but our inability to look anywhere near competent against the worst teams in the league is the biggest concern under Kewell and one that has to be fixed soon for the sake of his job.

3 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Clubs that use our system have football people doing the recruiting, not he rank amateur thet we have.

Agreed. 

But that wasn’t you’re original point, which was we won’t go anywhere until we give full recruitment back to the manager. If as you say we had a quality or knowledgeable DOF, who genuinely worked with the coach it could work quite well.

Inept egomaniac DOF 

I’ll say anything to keep my job coach. 

No wonder we are dogshit. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

But that wasn’t you’re original point, which was we won’t go anywhere until we give full recruitment back to the manager. If as you say we had a quality or knowledgeable DOF, who genuinely worked with the coach it could work quite well.

Inept egomaniac DOF 

I’ll say anything to keep my job coach. 

No wonder we are dogshit. 

You would like to think that your Director of football knows a thing or two about it. 

The squad we have is shocking from keeper to strikers , Rowe gone dearnly always injured !!! Who ever takes over if anyone that is nothing will change, next season will be another new 6 to 8 players same again

Nice to see us turn boundary park back into a fortress   I don’t know what got on my nerves most today  the performance or Roy’s comments throughout the game I don’t  think I can listen to him anymore.  mind you nice to see Keillor Dunn’s  passing  going back to the standard  he showed earlier in the season

DKD is only of any use when he is on the ball, so if that isn’t working then there is no point him being on the pitch. He can’t mark players, defending throw ins he stands in space and waves his arms about, he closes down space not ball carriers too far away to affect them, and when he does get close his idea of a tackle is to put his arms out and push the player. The really sad news is there is barely anyone on the bench who could do better

1 hour ago, Emcee_Latic said:

I would think he deals with agencies who push players at him (probably in favourable video extracts) who he won't have a clue about otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Keillor Dunn was absolutely fucking shocking today. Can’t believe he lasted 90 mins. The amount of times he lost the bloody ball 

And we will send back 2 players to Premiership clubs far worse than when they left.

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Keillor Dunn was absolutely fucking shocking today. Can’t believe he lasted 90 mins. The amount of times he lost the bloody ball 

Agreed he was as poor as anybody today. 

He's best when he just runs with the ball at defenders instead of trying to pass. It's a fault with most of our players who over-pass when they see the whites of the goalies eyes instead of having a dig.

Searching for a plus - Tasdemir (who I didn't think was quite as bad as some posters made out on Tuesday) showed a glimpse of ability and could conceivably improve.

Archived