Kewell Sacked

18 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Paul Butler I’m hearing another yes man 

Paul Butler is a football man who knows the game well, I think he'd be a decent appointment in normal circumstances. However, as we know under this regime the Manager is completely irrelevant.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet another sad, sad day in our recent history. 

I made this comment earlier in another thread:

“In  post match interview yesterday, Harry sounded tired and despondent- almost as if he is losing patience with many of the players. It was as if he was going through the motions - unable to find many positives (clean sheet and a point was about it really).”

With the benefit of hindsight I wonder if he knew...?

Or he’s fed up of not being able to play with a centre half or centre midfielder with any kind of quality, along with being told not to play, and then later offload the best striker in the league - so he’s decided to confront them and this is the outcome. 

Either way, its another nail in the coffin.

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I would've thought Paul Murray would've be in the frame.

Butler does fa, but it doesn't really matter, does it. Coco and Bro will bring in another coach before the start of next season, and then another, and another...

Murray would be mad to take on. He knows that he would be on the dole in 6 months. 

Paul Butler has worked with Roy Hodgson, Paul Dickov & Steve McClaren amongst others in both the Prem & Championship. I'd rather give him the job than some Romanian Third Division Manager. But it's all moot anyway isn't it, whomever gets the job will be just another puppet.

1 minute ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Paul Butler has worked with Roy Hodgson, Paul Dickov & Steve McClaren amongst others in both the Prem & Championship. I'd rather give him the job than some Romanian Third Division Manager. But it's all moot anyway isn't it, whomever gets the job will be just another puppet.

...and he's been sacked a few times, including by us, so, yes, ideal. He's used to it.

It is moot. If they're a puppet, they'll be sacked because they have to work with whoever they're told to work with, and play who they're told to play, and then they'll get blamed for not turning shit into golden nuggets within weeks.

Or they'll stand up to him and his brother...and they'll be sacked. 

It's a nightmare that never looks like it will end.

Not that it will make much difference, but I hope they get on and appoint somebody soon, and give them a chance to be involved in recruitment (as much as any of our managers are) and training over summer.

Bringing somebody in just before the season starts is a guaranteed disaster.

Say what you want about the owners, but it’s the right decision. 

We played well in sparse patches, but nowhere near enough. Any decent coach with our frontline should be able to make us more than the sum of parts, and he couldn’t do it. To the extent that he seemed to completely disregard defending. 

Most damning- 1 point against the bottom half at home all season is beyond woeful. 

On the separate note, if they appoint Butler is fucking disgusting- hiring him while HK was still in post is a joke, but not surprising with this lot. 

2 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

...and he's been sacked a few times, including by us, so, yes, ideal. He's used to it.

It is moot. If they're a puppet, they'll be sacked because they have to work with whoever they're told to work with, and play who they're told to play, and then they'll get blamed for not turning shit into golden nuggets within weeks.

Or they'll stand up to him and his brother...and they'll be sacked. 

It's a nightmare that never looks like it will end.

9 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Fortunately with the Brexit rules, that will most likely rule out a Romanian Third Division manager. Unless they are from Britain of course 

Just now, boyinthesnow said:

Fortunately with the Brexit rules, that will most likely rule out a Romanian Third Division manager. Unless they are from Britain of course 

Or unless they are already at the club aka Selim Benachour, former manager of Romanian Ligue III side Foresta Suceava.

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

On the separate note, if they appoint Butler is fucking disgusting- hiring him while HK was still in post is a joke, but not surprising with this lot. 

Didn't Dino Maamria get announced about 30 minutes after Banide was sacked? The owner already has form for doing this sort of thing.

EDIT - 15 minutes according to BT Sport 😂 https://www.bt.com/sport/news/maamria-takes-charge-at-oldham-in-place-of-sacked-banide

8 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Or unless they are already at the club aka Selim Benachour, former manager of Romanian Ligue III side Foresta Suceava.

Watched a video blog with him and fans the other day, a very easy going and enthusiastic guy.

Problem is if he gets the job that will be knocked out of him.

Archived