Kewell Sacked

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well fold the fucking club or perhaps the mercy of administration, relegation and a chance to start again. Someone needs to slap these clowns with a humongous water pistol, bring the tent down on their heads and let a rogue elephant trample all over them.

Oh what a circus, oh what a show
Oldham Athletic has gone to town
Over the dismissal of a manager called Harry Kewell

Doesn't exactly rhyme, but you get my gist.

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Keith Curle has managed against us 9 times, winning 6 of them and losing only once (the first one, 2003 for Mansfield).

He seems to be decent at knowing how to beat us, anyway

Most managers are to be fair Sweeper  

17 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

If it was Keith Curle with full control of team matters I would consider renewing my ST. But the chances of that are slim to non.

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Keith Curle has managed against us 9 times, winning 6 of them and losing only once (the first one, 2003 for Mansfield).

He seems to be decent at knowing how to beat us, anyway

On 10 February 2021, Curle was sacked by Northampton Town with the club occupying 23rd place in League One, having endured a run of one win in 10 matches, and 1 goal scored in 2021.

Snap him up I say...

I recently got football manager 21 and today latics sacked Kewell on it. About 3 hours later we sacked him in real life.

I put my name in the hat for the gig, AL told me I was his type of manager but that on this occasion I'd missed out. A damning indictment of my managerial prowess.

The defensive record was an obvious negative.

The home record was an obvious negative although not as bad as it would've been in a normal season, just as the away record isn't as big a positive, due to the lack of fans.

The attacking record was an obvious positive.

Managers and Head Coaches have been sacked for less and while Kewell has shown some signs that he could be a good coach/manager I wouldn't say that he's been convincing, but normally manager and head coaches would be sacked if there's resources and/or a clear strategy to significantly improve the team.  We don't have either of those.

Personally I believe that the attacking record is something that could be built on for the rest of this season and the beginning of next.  I also feel that rolling the dice (again) could easily lose our attacking record without any guarantee that our defensive record and home form would improve.

I understand the opposite view, but I believe we've got more to lose in our current situation by letting him go than we have by keeping him.

As for the ownership, it's beyond hope isn't it?

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

No offence intended lads but . . . 

You are feeding him by buying season tickets and stuff from the club shop etc

We have nothing else to fight him with except depriving him of our £money 

He’s beyond any common sense.

It was difficult at first not going to games but when you think it through there really isnt anything else we can do to stand proud for our colours.

I just couldnt look at myself in the mirror if I’d kept feeding him and keeping him there one minute more.

I took exactly the same approach. I will not fund their incompetence. Not a penny until they are gone.

9 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Apparently now in England, no one  lives more than 50 yards away from an ex-Oldham Athletic manager

That's just lies, it must be at least 150 yards for me. Anyway, the way I see it is that I've just retired from work so I should get the managers job. I speak fluent gibberish so would get on with AL and fat boy, can't go on holiday until the end off May, by which time I'd be sacked, so win win, happy days!

Agree with all the comments saying the biggest problem(s) at the club still remain, but let's have it right: Kewell was rubbish. Should have been sacked in November and was fortunate fans weren't allowed in grounds to vent their frustration...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Agree with all the comments saying the biggest problem(s) at the club still remain, but let's have it right: Kewell was rubbish. Should have been sacked in November and was fortunate fans weren't allowed in grounds to vent their frustration...

Kewell gets a free pass because no one can work under this lot. . . . Well apart from when you go on the best away run for twenty years. 

If only he could of won at home. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Kewell gets a free pass because no one can work under this lot. . . . Well apart from when you go on the best away run for twenty years. 

If only he could of won at home. 

Strangely enough I think the head youth team coach could.

Archived