Next Bloke Departure Watch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to have good starts before fading. l usually find that comes from hyper intensive training and lots of shouting which the players respond to at first. However, when it doesnt let up under any circumstances morale nosedives. 

Hopefully he's learned..

Playing Devils advocate here but perhaps Curle instigated that it would only be until the end of the season.

I have no doubt that it is well known within football circles what a shitshow we are so perhaps he made his reservations clear hence only to the end of the season.

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Playing Devils advocate here but perhaps Curle instigated that it would only be until the end of the season.

I have no doubt that it is well known within football circles what a shitshow we are so perhaps he made his reservations clear hence only to the end of the season.

Aye possibly. Could be quite a shrewd by him. He can see the shit show first hand, hopefully pick up a few decent results and then get a better job in the summer. 

We’ve failed to score in our last three looking clueless and absolutely woeful. I am genuinely struggling to see where our next win will come from.

There is usually an upsurge in performance when a new coach comes in but I can’t see that happening here...With KC’s emphasis on a strong defence our total lack of quality defenders will result in his plans going in the bin. 

I think we’ll struggle to score the goals necessary to even win another game. Parting with Kewell at this stage of the season was ridiculous. If we were planning to sack him to bring in an experienced coach it should have been prior to the transfer window.

KC won’t get the desired improvement from this lot and It would not be a surprise to see him walk away very quickly. It should have been Murray and/or Butler until the end of the season.

What a complete shit show we have become! There is every possibility this is all going to end very badly!! 

It would be nice if the club put forward their reasons for sacking Kewell - performances/results, what was it? In what areas did the club feel he underachieved?

It would also be nice if the club put forward their reasons for hiring Curle and what the expectations/goals are for the rest of the season and beyond.

I'm not sure if either of those things normally happen at football clubs, but I'm really struggling to work out what this appointment is all about. To me it looks like a knee-jerk reaction to season ticket sales (assuming they haven't been great).  The inconsistency under Kewell wasn't going to change and it was hard to see next season being a success if he stayed so I don't see much would have changed to encourage fans to buy. Curle ticks a couple of boxes (experienced and recent success) which the fans often cry out for.  Having him in charge also might give the impression to the fans that there's a change of set up - Mo is no longer pulling all the strings and the head coach has more power/say over the squad. I'm not convinced that's true.

I don't see a strategy here at all, just a short term appointment that was a roll of the dice to see if he could get a few wins and boost season ticket sales. Can't see anything other than him leaving at the end of the season, a few weeks of no boss then a new puppet installed early July.

If I'm wrong and it is part of a change in strategy, then lets see the new post-covid plan.

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It would be nice if the club put forward their reasons for sacking Kewell - performances/results, what was it? In what areas did the club feel he underachieved?

It would also be nice if the club put forward their reasons for hiring Curle and what the expectations/goals are for the rest of the season and beyond.

I'm not sure if either of those things normally happen at football clubs, but I'm really struggling to work out what this appointment is all about. To me it looks like a knee-jerk reaction to season ticket sales (assuming they haven't been great).  The inconsistency under Kewell wasn't going to change and it was hard to see next season being a success if he stayed so I don't see much would have changed to encourage fans to buy. Curle ticks a couple of boxes (experienced and recent success) which the fans often cry out for.  Having him in charge also might give the impression to the fans that there's a change of set up - Mo is no longer pulling all the strings and the head coach has more power/say over the squad. I'm not convinced that's true.

I don't see a strategy here at all, just a short term appointment that was a roll of the dice to see if he could get a few wins and boost season ticket sales. Can't see anything other than him leaving at the end of the season, a few weeks of no boss then a new puppet installed early July.

If I'm wrong and it is part of a change in strategy, then lets see the new post-covid plan.

I believe PTB plan to ask those very questions of Karl Evans tonight 

whether they get answers (or the truth) is another matter 

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I saw an article on an Aussie website that said Mo thought we should be aiming for the playoffs...

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I saw an article on an Aussie website that said Mo thought we should be aiming for the playoffs...

He's right, we should be.  But...

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Wants to start recruiting for it then... 

...this!

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Wants to start recruiting for it then... 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Wonder whether the club will still conduct its communication via Antipodean websites from hereon in?

9 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Wonder whether the club will still conduct its communication via Antipodean websites from hereon in?

ahhhh fuck not managed to use that word for a couple o years, missed a trick there 😂

Brain must be waitin for the Ashes

19 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Might be through the Bristol based press and media now Curle has replaced Kewell.

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

mot came at point where we prob ended our promotion hopes. I think ALMO think we should be playoffs so when that was all but up they fired him. 

like u said would be interesting to see. Curle is total opposite of kewell so team we have doesn’t fit him. If he is judged on same he will be expected to move us up league so he gets next season in charge. I think he will struggle and he’ll get fired end of season and we will start all over again. Recruitment will be done by mo so that won’t be linked to any manager 

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve failed to score in our last three looking clueless and absolutely woeful. I am genuinely struggling to see where our next win will come from.

There is usually an upsurge in performance when a new coach comes in but I can’t see that happening here...With KC’s emphasis on a strong defence our total lack of quality defenders will result in his plans going in the bin. 

I think we’ll struggle to score the goals necessary to even win another game. Parting with Kewell at this stage of the season was ridiculous. If we were planning to sack him to bring in an experienced coach it should have been prior to the transfer window.

KC won’t get the desired improvement from this lot and It would not be a surprise to see him walk away very quickly. It should have been Murray and/or Butler until the end of the season.

What a complete shit show we have become! There is every possibility this is all going to all to end very badly!! 

It's already ending badly and it will only completely end when they go. What is a surprise is that anybody is willing to take the job on, surely they have seen the managerial stats, unless they are so arrogant as to think they will be the one to turn it all around. Stupidity comes in all guises.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I know many of us have said this already but for the life in me, I cannot see what the owners are possibly getting from this. It's lunacy and a path to destruction of the highest degree. They own the club right now but the institution has been around a lot longer than their fleeting occupancy and it has the right to continue existing as part of the future of the town and its people. 

They do not have the right to destroy it and they are doing it right under our noses.

It's about time the charlatans left our club alone.

29 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I know many of us have said this already but for the life in me, I cannot see what the owners are possibly getting from this. It's lunacy and a path to destruction of the highest degree. They own the club right now but the institution has been around a lot longer than their fleeting occupancy and it has the right to continue existing as part of the future of the town and its people. 

They do not have the right to destroy it and they are doing it right under our noses.

It's about time the charlatans left our club alone.

So, can you suggest an exit strategy that will work practically?

25 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So, can you suggest an exit strategy that will work practically?

Isn’t that the whole point of the trust ? 

They seem to get away with everything and never held accountable for what they do not do. 

Archived