Next Bloke Departure Watch

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Isn’t that the whole point of the trust ? 

They seem to get away with everything and never held accountable for what they do not do. 

I might have missed it, but have they said anything at all since Kewell's sacking/Curle's appointment?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i know why they're clinging onto the club. I hard a secret tape. This is the transcript:

Al's mother (henceforth, M): Al, do you love your mother.

Al: of course mama.

M: How much?

Al: i'd give you the world mama. Just name it.

M: ok, your brother is a total waste of space. He does nothing all day except play on his X Box. He plays all those football games. You've earned a few hundred out of conning footballers. Get him a club.

Al: But mama, he's thick. He wouldn't have a clue.

M: get him a club. I hear there's one near Manchester. That's good, isn't it? United, City, Oldham....

Al: It would cost millions and i don't have a clue about running a club, let alone one in the UK.

M: You said you loved me.

Al: I do, but...

M: you said you'd give me the fucking world and now you're arguing over a little club in the UK.

Al: but Mo is so stupid.

M: You lied to me?

Al: No mama, but...

M: You fucking lied. You shit. Get that lazy bastard a football club and get him off his arse NOW.

Al: But...

M: But nothing. I have your favourite childhood friend here...

Al: No mama, not...

M: Yes, the giant frying pan that likes to visit your stupid head when you piss me off.

Al: No mama, not the frying pan. You know the doctor said it gave little Mo brain damage.

M: and it's coming your way dipshit.

Al: Ok mama, ok. Anything but the pan....(dials a number on his mobile) Hello, Simon...

And there you have it everyone. For the sake of a pan, we're going down the pan. I've heard the tape. Honest. 

57 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They seem to get away with everything and never held accountable for what they do not do. 

Not the Trust but their are people out there who broker deals for people who want to buy football clubs. Adam Morallee is one of them as he represented Massimo Cellino in his takeover at Leeds United(seems to hang around with some colourful characters doesn't he) Their is also that fella in the trust Jason? Who is high up at JP Morgan who might be able to help with professional expertise  So the club could be sold in theory and people within Oldham Athletic have the professional expertise and the connections to find a buyer.

To whom that buyer would be maybe another matter. Its possible to get a better owner(s) than now its possible we could end up with someone worse. 

The biggest stumbling block would be the 2 biggest stakeholders Blitz and Abdullah as it would require both to be reasonable to any selling party and put the needs of the towns only sporting institution first. Both them don't appear to be very reasonable men and neither has the best interests of the club at heart. If both realise this is far more hassle than it's worth to either of them then perhaps we could get a breakthrough.

16 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I think i know why they're clinging onto the club. I hard a secret tape. This is the transcript:

M: ok, your brother is a total waste of space. He does nothing all day except play on his X Box. He plays all those football games. You've earned a few hundred out of conning footballers. Get him a club.

M: get him a club. I hear there's one near Manchester. That's good, isn't it? United, City, Oldham....

Al: It would cost millions and i don't have a clue about running a club, let alone one in the UK.

M: you said you'd give me the fucking world and now you're arguing over a little club in the UK.

M: You fucking lied. You shit. Get that lazy bastard a football club and get him off his arse NOW.

M: Yes, the giant frying pan that likes to visit your stupid head when you piss me off.

Al: No mama, not the frying pan. You know the doctor said it gave little Mo brain damage.

Al: Ok mama, ok. Anything but the pan....(dials a number on his mobile) Hello, Simon...

And there you have it everyone. For the sake of a pan, we're going down the pan. I've heard the tape. Honest. 

Brilliant

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

FAO Boundary Park Alert System.

This could definitely be a weekly bit.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

That's why I said practically. The Trust have the best interests of the club at heart but lack the wherewithal to do anything about it at present and I cannot see that changing anytime soon unfortunately.

So Glossop seems to sum it up well with his reply to you.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:29 PM, whittles left foot said:

So, can you suggest an exit strategy that will work practically?

Not really and it's not my call to make.
My part is to support the club because it's all I can realistically do.

The popular view to explain our abject performance is hapless owner incompetence coupled with lack of funds.

In the unlikely event that the owner is averse or ambivalent to promotion from L2, we really are merely marking time until the trapdoor finally opens.

If KC does last long enough to have the end of season chat, I cant see him pulling any punches. Without a free hand with significant player budget, no logic for staying.

While the recent posts are increasingly deriding KC's win ratio as a barometer of his worth, its meaningless.

Strikes me AL should have the wisdom to see an investment in a proven L2 manager is the best way out of this mess.

Would be an unlikely change in direction I fully appreciate, but surely AL is close to this crossroads.

Is the money there?

Not looking forward to another summer of WTF is happening with the North Stand ...

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Talk on social media (from what seems a very decent source) that Curle is about to be replaced by Gary Caldwell...

He did well with Wigan got them playing some decent football, and popular with fans but all turned sour when I'm championship... Worth a punt...not to enamoured with KC to be honest.. no big loss him being replaced 

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Talk on social media (from what seems a very decent source) that Curle is about to be replaced by Gary Caldwell...

If this happens it would be more desperation from AL, yet another throw of the dice. Sounds like bollocks, but with these clowns anything is possible! 

1 minute ago, Barry Bosnian said:

AL getting desperate, new manager & results on the pitch = No more unrest. He must genuinely believe its all about results... meanwhile manager number 10 enters the building with Mo still in situ. 

11th, 12th and the even more unlucky 13th by the end of the season with ALs track record?

Archived