Next Oldham Manager

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I doubt whether any of our last half dozen appointments have been quoted. These are the ultimate mug bets

Some of the names on that list will want paying more than our last 3-4 managers did put together

It will be someone currently at the club or a name everyone has to look to Wikipedia to get a clue who it is 

I imagine they’ve already lined someone up, it’s how they seem to work.

If it’s not someone already at the club, I wonder if Sol Campbell would take it, or would getting stung at a mismanaged Macclesfield put him off?

16 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

I imagine they’ve already lined someone up, it’s how they seem to work.

If it’s not someone already at the club, I wonder if Sol Campbell would take it, or would getting stung at a mismanaged Macclesfield put him off?

He comes across as a bit fruit loop but he's not that mad

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He comes across as a bit fruit loop but he's not that mad

There are only 72 EFL managers' job in the country and hundreds of managers out of work. As much of a basket case we are, the job will always attract applicants...

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hardly the sort of thing there's a record of but I can't imagine any other club firing the manager and not even bothering to say who's in charge for the next game in 48 hours time.

Mo’s in charge I thought we all knew that 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

There are only 72 EFL managers' job in the country and hundreds of managers out of work. As much of a basket case we are, the job will always attract applicants...

It doesn't matter who applies. Since they arrived they haven't been through any sort of process to assess candidates as they have just appointed someone they already know. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It depends what the pay is like as well.  Can't imagine many wanting the job just because they love the game

I'm assuming Barry works as a consultant for SkyBet and helped them put the tail end of that market up. 

Gunnar Halle

Ian Marshall 

Joe Royle

Mike Milligan

Andy Ritchie

Ian Marshall 

😂😂😂

Betting on this market is like betting on the Grand National when the market doesn't include half the runners and does include lots that wouldn't run in a month of Sundays. 

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Mike Newell 😄 would that be to save money on the letters of the name on the manager office door?

😂

Funny that

Out of the above my choice would be Adkins, followed by Cowley and at a push, Parkinson but we'll probably end up with Steven Pressley 

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Holloway and Barton no chance but yes please.

Campbell and Curle more of a chance and yes please.

Isn't Barton manager at Brizzle Rovers ? and Holloway fell out with the owners at Grimsby so not a good fit with our totalitarian regime.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It doesn't matter who applies. Since they arrived they haven't been through any sort of process to assess candidates as they have just appointed someone they already know. 

Which suggests the youth team manager?

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Or Butler?  Or someone we've never heard of but they have?

I just found it strange they brought the youth team head coach in, as though they were grooming him for the first team post considering Kewell's short contract.

He's actually  done a great job with the youths and having listened to him in a recent fans podcast he strikes me a a very amiable and enthusiastic guy.

I think we could do worse.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Never seems to get that far though Lee, incoming manager usually been tapped up by the owners in advance and brought in to help the exiting manager move any furniture he may have in the manager's office. 

Archived