Next Oldham Manager

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

And, slightly off topic, all the world, his wife and his dog seem to know that it's Curle coming in. The media know, we know but, true to form, sweet sod all on t' fishal. I suppose they'll announce it eventually.

What will happen now, of course, is that we'll go to Port Vale tomorrow night, give 'em a right old battering, come away with an excellent win and we'll all wonder how it's all changed for the better.

I think it's called "dead cat bounce" but God only knows why.

Because if you drop a dead cat from a big enough height it can give the impression of having life when it bounces off the pavement.  Generally used in relation to plumetting share prices.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be interesting to know how much money the owners have spent on sacking managers and paying off contracts of the players who speak out against them.  I am sure it would have formed a very healthy budget to build a squad capable of mounting a promotion push.    

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I can't see Curle lasting any longer than the last 7 or 8 that have had a go. Isn't he a bit of a volatile character at times? I'd pay to watch him have a row with Mo.

Curle clashes Billy Painter and Gary Dicker

Their was this because they didn't turn upto training on time.

He will clash with Mo its inevitable he will be gone by the start of next season.

My big hope is that part of the reason for this short term contract is that the owner is offskis in the summer too.

3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Would be interesting to know how much money the owners have spent on sacking managers and paying off contracts of the players who speak out against them.  I am sure it would have formed a very healthy budget to build a squad capable of mounting a promotion push.    

If they'd have used the money wasted on sub-standard player's digs we'd be in League 1 now !

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Promotion from league 2 last year.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

He's also made the playoffs with Carlisle in 2017 with a fairly average budget.  In the more distant past he made the playoff final with Mansfield in 2004, losing on pens to Huddersfield.  He also did pretty well in a year with Notts County in League 1, nearly getting them to the playoffs with a late season run.

Always had him as a bit of journeyman manager/coach, but that’s a decent record to be fair. 

I dont know what to think. Although we conceded a hell of a lot, as a latics fan im used to that. Im used to losing. But now with kewel gone, does the exciting goalscoring style of play go out of the door with him? We may be in as low a position than ever over my 20 odd years of watchin latics, but this season, and kewell have turned out to b one of my favourites because its not borin to watch. We still lose. But bar the handful of dull losses, we've generally been exciting to watch going forward. For the first time in my supporting days, I've actually gone in to games expecting us to score each time we attack. If that goes then is it jus losses with no excitement or bore draws or a sneaky win after 90 mins of fallin asleep?

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

June. If not May.

Curle as a player was a bit of a hard bastard. I reckon he doesn't suffer fools (purely an impression based on interviews).

Hopefully he'll take out Coco with the verbal equivalent of one of his tackles.

So, maybe not May. More like April.

heard he takes no prisoners. Just from that alone have to worry if he’s a good fit. Doubt he’ll react well to being told who to pick. Chances of him lasting less than a month must be reasonably high 

He's a bit hooooof ball isn't he?

Ian evatt makes a good point... Kewell recruits a squad to play a certain way (however unsuccessfully) Curle will want to play the opposite way with Kewels players...

Bahamboula will be interesting if the defenders are told to leather it up the pitch.

36 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He's a bit hooooof ball isn't he?

Ian evatt makes a good point... Kewell recruits a squad to play a certain way (however unsuccessfully) Curle will want to play the opposite way with Kewels players...

Bahamboula will be interesting if the defenders are told to leather it up the pitch.

RWB 😳😳😳

Just now, GKing521 said:

Rumour is he's turned it down. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, you would have thought that would be some sort of message from the club who is going to be taking charge tomorrow night. 24 hrs since the sacking, 24 hrs to our next game. As fans we deserve to know. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

There will be something to moan about, I promise you. 

I hereby promise if we play shit winnng Football that l won't moan about the overall shit winning Football for 14 months. poss never.

l reserve my right to complain about Blitz, Bazza, ALMO, and l'm calling it here if them few GERRITFORWARD twats shout that when thats all we do l'm colourfully havin a loud pop at them there and then and then on ere later!!

Archived