Next Oldham Manager

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He's a bit hooooof ball isn't he?

Ian evatt makes a good point... Kewell recruits a squad to play a certain way (however unsuccessfully) Curle will want to play the opposite way with Kewels players...

Bahamboula will be interesting if the defenders are told to leather it up the pitch.

If he is only with us until the end of the season then it's a pointless move, because we haven't got the squad to change styles that quickly and are too far from the playoffs to expect that kind of turnaround.

If he's here for next season then he'll have the summer to build the squad in the way he wants because so few key players are tied down beyond this season.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Initially. It is hardly an alien concept.

We don’t do great we don’t offer him the job. He does well he goes somewhere else. I’d bet my life on it we have some other muppet as our manager in the summer. It’s pointless 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

We don’t do great we don’t offer him the job. He does well he goes somewhere else. I’d bet my life on it we have some other muppet as our manager in the summer. It’s pointless 

Curle is no mug, you'd imagine an extension is already agreed in principle if all parties are happy come the end of the season. I'd say worry about it when it happens rather than try to find a negative where there isn't one.

I'm turned around on the "who would want this job?" thing - it's the easiest gig in the world.

No expectation and a nice little pay-off in a couple of months.

I'm surprised there aren't candidates queuing round the block..

15 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've heard the local local WH Smith have sold out of clipboards. Or is that the other Paul Butler?

Yes, it's that Paul Butler.

Just wait till the first time we lose, it'll all be his fault for standing there with a clipboard and not waving his arms about like a real manager.

54 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Truthfully - does anyone give a shit anymore? The Latics I knew and loved has died.

Well, we kind of do, really, including you. It's just difficult to admit it when we're all disillusioned and angry. But we still do.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Truthfully - does anyone give a shit anymore? The Latics I knew and loved has died.

I don't care who the manager is anymore as it's pretty inconsequential but I do care about the football club even though I won't be paying to watch any games between now and the end of the season.

Strangely I think the last 24 hours has increased the chances of The Lemsagams leaving in the summer.

46 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Yes, it's that Paul Butler.

Just wait till the first time we lose, it'll all be his fault for standing there with a clipboard and not waving his arms about like a real manager.

What was his track record when here?

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

I've heard the local local WH Smith have sold out of clipboards. Or is that the other Paul Butler?

To be fair, he's one of the few in the last decade whose career has gone on an upward trajectory since he left us.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What was his track record when here?

We finished 16th and 17th under Dickov. Butler was fitness coach at the time.  

Corney sacked him, Taggart and Duxbury at the same time, about a month before Dickov got the axe.

46 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't care who the manager is anymore as it's pretty inconsequential but I do care about the football club even though I won't be paying to watch any games between now and the end of the season.

Strangely I think the last 24 hours has increased the chances of The Lemsagams leaving in the summer.

why increased chances? They sack coaches who don’t have us in promotion hunt for fun. Can’t see this making them more likely to leave plus wasn’t kewell managing for free so no costs? 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I fully understand this feeling .i feel bad that the first two managers lasted over 20 uears.I admit  that following Sir James sacking i refused to go to watch Latics for about 6 months but my love of  Latics made me go back and we had the golden years of Joe.Best years ever.Followed by years of ups and downs.

I am gutted by the years of promises and let downs and why 1000s have left but I still cant let go of my support for my team no matter what.

If it had been a married I would have been divorced  several  times but I guess I'm stuck with them like a drug forever. 

Archived