Next Oldham Manager

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Yes, it's that Paul Butler.

Just wait till the first time we lose, it'll all be his fault for standing there with a clipboard and not waving his arms about like a real manager.

Wonder why Butler has pitched up here and not Colin West who's been with Curle at his last 3 jobs?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I fully understand this feeling .i feel bad that the first two managers lasted over 20 uears.I admit  that following Sir James sacking i refused to go to watch Latics for about 6 months but my love of  Latics made me go back and we had the golden years of Joe.Best years ever.Followed by years of ups and downs.

I am gutted by the years of promises and let downs and why 1000s have left but I still cant let go of my support for my team no matter what.

If it had been a married I would have been divorced  several  times but I guess I'm stuck with them like a drug forever. 

Trouble is, most of our marriages get anulled before the two parties get chance to hate each other for their smelly feet and boobs down to their ankles.

26 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

why increased chances? They sack coaches who don’t have us in promotion hunt for fun. Can’t see this making them more likely to leave plus wasn’t kewell managing for free so no costs? 

Was he managing for free?

I just feel that the fact we have only given him a 2 month contract says they don't see aslong term future here. The January transfer windows acquisitions were all short term deals no long term thinking going on here. 

Ofcourse this might be wishful thinking but would you be surprised if they were looking for a way out?

37 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Was he managing for free?

I just feel that the fact we have only given him a 2 month contract says they don't see aslong term future here. The January transfer windows acquisitions were all short term deals no long term thinking going on here. 

Ofcourse this might be wishful thinking but would you be surprised if they were looking for a way out?

I don’t think how they operate is being driven by a desire to get out. I think they prob would sell but still feel they would manage like this anyway. Coaches are disposable in the way they do things so never going to be any long term deal. Curle will need to earn a deal for next year amd show he can get wins with their squad or they will cut and get someone else for next year. similar style in Italy ect. 

and not 100% on kewell package. Perhaps someone can comment but heard plenty that he was working for free 

A sports reporter from BBC Radio Northampton spoke to Radio Manchester about Keith Curle.

He suggested that the first thing he’ll address is the defence, and his Northampton side was based on a solid defence. The football was pretty direct, with a lot of set pieces.

The reporter had heard and read that Latics, under Kewell, were used to attacking and entertaining football. That will change quite a bit. He also said Curle would strip it all back, keep it basic, and we’ll probably see the return of 3-5-2.

The interview is from 37 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p097qcx6

7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

A sports reporter from BBC Radio Northampton spoke to Radio Manchester about Keith Curle.

He suggested that the first thing he’ll address is the defence, and his Northampton side was based on a solid defence. The football was pretty direct, with a lot of set pieces.

The reporter had heard and read that Latics, under Kewell, were used to attacking and entertaining football. That will change quite a bit. He also said Curle would strip it all back, keep it basic, and we’ll probably see the return of 3-5-2.

The interview is from 37 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p097qcx6

‘He had full autonomy at Northampton’ 

Okaaay. 

Well, that’s that then. 

8 hours ago, LaticMark said:

The interview is from 37 minutes https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p097qcxgoos 

Good luck with that, we don't have good enough players to make a solid defence.

A nice two month preliminary period so both parties can “get a feel for each other”.

and then this:

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

agree to stay on next season and then the interference will start...

.. if he even takes the job in the off-season, which I’m not convinced he would.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

He will be left to get on with it between now and the end of the season, agree to stay on next season and then the interference will start...

You think the interference won't start until then? Knowing how they operate, you have more confidence than I do. I wonder what ALMO would do if KC demanded he bring Wheater back in from the cold, seeing as he bases a lot of his tactics on a solid defence?

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

You think the interference won't start until then? Knowing how they operate, you have more confidence than I do. I wonder what ALMO would do if KC demanded he bring Wheater back in from the cold, seeing as he bases a lot of his tactics on a solid defence?

Too late now would take him over a month to get fit

43 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The statement said he'll be working with the current first team staff so don't think we need to worry about that.

He'll be left alone and if he does well he'll continue to be left alone.

48 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

He will be told to coach and keep out of internal affairs.

Archived