Next Oldham Manager

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

On a side note, wasn't Curle in the running for the job when we appointed Bunn...?

If he was that was a missed opportunity- would take him over a rookie any day (yes I know Bunn wasn’t a rookie in the coaching sense)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Unless we are replacing our players with pencil sharpeners and rubbers, then there is no way on this earth we will finish below Southend, Barrow and Grimsby...

Well we replaced Rowe with Tasdemir, don't know what you want to call that...

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If he was that was a missed opportunity- would take him over a rookie any day (yes I know Bunn wasn’t a rookie in the coaching sense)

He was probably in the bookie's lists.....

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I heard a rumour Adams is sleeping with Mo, and they orchestrated Kewell’s exit with deliberate losses, so his other lover (Curle) could join them. 

Proper 21st century Mills and Boon story is that 😂

49 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

my thoughts exactly! I like him but can see him calling Mo a cunt and be gone by summer...

I hope I’m wrong because he’s the first experienced manager (bar Shez) since Penney “shudders” (Royle doesn’t count)

You had the audacity to mention a name beginning with P, I can't even bring myself to type the name it brings back nightmares!

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

my thoughts exactly! I like him but can see him calling Mo a cunt and be gone by summer...

I hope I’m wrong because he’s the first experienced manager (bar Shez) since Penney “shudders” (Royle doesn’t count)

I moved just before Christmas and joined a a new golf club but for obvious reasons I haven't been there a lot yet.

The club captain is one Dave Penney.  Surely not..... 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I moved just before Christmas and joined a a new golf club but for obvious reasons I haven't been there a lot yet.

If it's the same one, give him one round the neck with a sand wedge!

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If it is - give him some monkeys for that stellar 0-0 at Exeter 

Interesting interview. The proof is in the pudding so no judgement till we se actions, but it seemed he is far more clued up than many recent managers.

However, he slipped up saying "manager" several times, before correcting himself. He also said he liked coaching as if that the club line. I thinkas he liks achat he might give away more than he realises, hope so.

He seems diametrically opposed to Kwell, so we lurch from action to reaction as always, like a listing ship as the owner has not plan and couldn't spell strategy.

He sounds like the experienced manager he is. Knows the industry and what works and what doesn’t and will go about his way. Does not at all sound like the fit for ALMO like kewell potentially was. 
I would imagine if told what to do or who to play he’ll walk. Think he could do a good job for the team and us long term, interesting thing will be his relationship with the owners and if they just manage him solely on results or interfere 

Archived