Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Lack of concentration while watching this shite is understandable 

Sounds like another wise move by me, its Taskmaster on dave ja vu. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Newell 😄 would that be to save money on the letters of the name on the manager office door?

How come he’s getting such a long contract 

Truthfully - does anyone give a shit anymore? The Latics I knew and loved has died.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Sounds like another wise move by me, its Taskmaster on dave ja vu. 

I'm in, even if it's one I've seen before. Even the dog has buggered off to the other room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Just watched the interview, and I wanted to throw my phone against the wall when Curle said. . ‘I’ve spoken to Mo, and he’s really passionate to see us further up the league’ 

 

FUCK. OFF. 

i'm middle aged. I'm looking for a vomiting emoji. I really feel ill. 

 

 

 

Actually, that might be alcoholic poisoning from watching so many games the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

i'm middle aged. I'm looking for a vomiting emoji. I really feel ill. 

 

 

 

Actually, that might be alcoholic poisoning from watching so many games the season. 

Mo’s passion. . .
 

We give good player, coach keeps letting us down. We deserve better. You win- you stay crawl. 
 

My name is Curle Mo. 
 

I don’t care. You win - you stay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Mo’s passion. . .
 

We give good player, coach keeps letting us down. We deserve better. You win- you stay crawl. 
 

My name is Curle Mo. 
 

I don’t care. You win - you stay. 

Is it just me who read this and thought of Curly Barry and Mo 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we find out from someone in authority at our Club what we can expect with the recent change of Manager ?

 

1. Style of Football

 

2. League position expectations for this season and next season

 

If you expect supporters to part with their money, the very least you should be telling them is what they’re actually paying for

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Can we find out from someone in authority at our Club what we can expect with the recent change of Manager ?

 

1. Style of Football

 

2. League position expectations for this season and next season

 

If you expect supporters to part with their money, the very least you should be telling them is what they’re actually paying for

 

Well, going off other fans reaction to us appointing Curle, then be prepared for a drab, dull, long hoofball style and to be set up not to concede, rather than score...

 

Which I can live with if it's successful, but we haven't got the players to play like that at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

 

Well, going off other fans reaction to us appointing Curle, then be prepared for a drab, dull, long hoofball style and to be set up not to concede, rather than score...

 

Which I can live with if it's successful, but we haven't got the players to play like that at the moment

 

AL probably has somone new already to take over next season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Can we find out from someone in authority at our Club what we can expect with the recent change of Manager ?

 

1. Style of Football

 

2. League position expectations for this season and next season

 

If you expect supporters to part with their money, the very least you should be telling them is what they’re actually paying for

They won’t be getting my money to watch a Curle bore fest every week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

 

Well, going off other fans reaction to us appointing Curle, then be prepared for a drab, dull, long hoofball style and to be set up not to concede, rather than score...

 

Which I can live with if it's successful, but we haven't got the players to play like that at the moment

 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They won’t be getting my money to watch a Curle bore fest every week. 

 

According to Wiki, he got Northampton promoted via the League Two Play Off Final in June 2020 beating

Exeter 4-0, then got sacked by them in February this year after only 1 win in 10 games left them in 23rd 

 

A lack of financial support to allow him to buy players for Northampton to compete in League One argument could well have merit but we don't appear to have the financials to allow us to compete in League Two

 

When the Club has offered what is probably the best season ticket deal for decades, have we not just shot ourselves in the foot again by not appointing a manager with a proven track record for building a team with a winning mentality that competes all over the park and bangs a good few goals in 

 

Or is that just too much to ask 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tGWB said:

 

 

 

 

When the Club has offered what is probably the best season ticket deal for decades, have we not just shot ourselves in the foot again by not appointing a manager with a proven track record for building a team with a winning mentality that competes all over the park and bangs a good few goals in 

 

Or is that just too much to ask 

Think Curle is about as proven as we could realistically get. The "shooting themselves in the foot" part for me is only giving him a 2 month deal...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Think Curle is about as proven as we could realistically get. The "shooting themselves in the foot" part for me is only giving him a 2 month deal...

Just can't see him staying if ALMO are still here.

Wouldn't be surprised if he walked before the end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It all just feels like he is babysitting the club for Butler to take over...

 

Who will hardly meet his vision of fast exciting football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It all just feels like he is babysitting the club for Butler to take over...

This is what I see happening. It seems a strange way of going about things but we shouldn't expect anything else really.

 

Just let Butler get on with it if they think he's the man. He seems to have been around the coaching scene quite a bit over the years so I can't see what Curle's going to teach him in two months.

 

I'm not saying I'd go with Butler, but that's looks the most likely outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Think Curle is about as proven as we could realistically get. The "shooting themselves in the foot" part for me is only giving him a 2 month deal...


If he can conjure up a Play Off Final win I’ll be having some of that 

 

Would love to know what objectives he’s signed up to for the rest of the season 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It all just feels like he is babysitting the club for Butler to take over...

 

If that does happen then we'll have gone from someone who played flawed attacking football but was at least, in his own words, trying to build something.  To someone experienced who would throw that all out to provide "winning" football without being given the time to do that actual winning part.  Ending up with someone with no prior experience of playing, managing or being a head coach.

 

If Butler is our head coach at the start of next season then I think that will be the breaking point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tGWB said:


If he can conjure up a Play Off Final win I’ll be having some of that 

 

Would love to know what objectives he’s signed up to for the rest of the season 

 

Would need to win 11 of last 13 I would think to have a shout of play offs tGWB. Totally unrealistic expectations if they are indeed the owners' expectations (wouldn't surprise me) 

 

I cannot see us falling the other way as i reckon we may only need 46/47 points to stay up as only bottom 2 go down so even with the limited resources we have available I would expect 6/7 points from 13 games should be a given. 

 

Really at a loss to understand the club's sacking of Kewell given the position we are in and the above likelihood for the outcome of 2020/21 season. If they want Curle, are they looking for a 1/3 of a season for him to sort out the desired playing style for next season and try to mould the players remaining into a system that they are comfortable with? Will they want Curle to identify transfer targets to complement the remaining players and develop a system that can get the club up and running early on in 2021/22 with a realistic view of promotion? 

 

If they are not sure about Curle, why the interim coach role? Is this just to tap into his experience/ expertise and contacts and cynically try and exploit them, before ditching Curle as the transfer window opens? 

 

I fail to see any strategy at all I am afraid, mind you I have been of this opinion since they arrived in 2018.       

 

  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Really at a loss to understand the club's sacking of Kewell given the position we are in and the above likelihood for the outcome of 2020/21 season

 

This. Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think we’ve been given an official reason as to why he was given the boot?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

This. Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think we’ve been given an official reason as to why he was given the boot?

 

No reason Big Dog, beggars belief for me given our position. 

 

We have had no run to speak of - good or bad - since the first 4 games of the season where lost all 4, our first 10 games yielded 8 points, games 11-20 yielded 18 (6 wins), games 21-30 yielded 12. 

 

One thing we did under Kewell was generally win or lose and both teams scored more often than not, a refreshing change to some of the dirge over the last 4/5 seasons when the number of bore draws and drawn games in general led to our demotion to League 2 and our disintegration thereafter    

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

This. Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think we’ve been given an official reason as to why he was given the boot?

Season ticket sales?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...