MATCH: vs Cambridge United (H) 13/03/21

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

absolutely don’t want us to go down but it would help if we finish low down and add to pressure on them leaving 

Disagree mate. It won’t bring any pressure whatsoever. The only way he’s leaving is if he can’t be arsed with non league or he runs out of money. I think the latter is more likely, because I genuinely don’t think he’d mind owning the badge at any level. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker: OG on his league debut, says it all.  Doubt he'd get a game in the National League South.

Badan: struggling again out of position

Diarra: worst player in the pitch by a country mile.  Shouldn't have made half time

Ntambwe and McCalmont: barely won a ball or found a blue shirt between them

Fage: did ok, got in their faces far more than Ntambwe or McCalmont, but isn't going to change a game

McAleny: missing in action, again. Doesn't work in this system at all.

Hilssner: best of a bad bunch in the middle, should've stayed on

Adams: our best player for me, but less effective after he was switched to the left

Piergianni: another solid performance

Keillor-Dunn: took his chances well, would like to see him up front playing off somebody who can hold the ball up

Bahamboula couldn't do much, Grant is not a target man for me, and Tasdemir is a waste of space

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

absolutely don’t want us to go down but it would help if we finish low down and add to pressure on them leaving 

That won't have the slightest effect on them.

The sooner enough points are on board, the better, although they might have to be gained trough scraping draws. Any more wins will be an unexpected bonus.

A piss-poor outfit from the top down. They bear not even the slightest resemblance to the club I used to support and brought my daughters up supporting. At the moment, Latics don't really exist, it's just a shadow left behind by a once great club.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Will this team gain any more points, are we safe with 40 points?

Having doubts now.

Simple answer is no. We need another 2 or 3 wins to be sure I think but if we start slipping down the table I can see the inexperienced players bottles start twitching and possibly making them worse. If that's possible.....

One of the many problems with this dysfunctional outfit is that we no longer appear to have a recognised penalty taker. Earlier in the season it was McAleny and surely it should still be him.

Score that and it's 3-3 and even with our defence we're in with a chance of turning the game round.

Grimsby are probably gone even with games in hand, but there's a real scrap on now for 23rd and we are in it up to our necks.

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Simple answer is no. We need another 2 or 3 wins to be sure I think but if we start slipping down the table I can see the inexperienced players bottles start twitching and possibly making them worse. If that's possible.....

I would have thought they have to actually care before their bottles will go.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

One of the many problems with this dysfunctional outfit is that we no longer appear to have a recognised penalty taker. Earlier in the season it was McAleny and surely it should still be him.

Score that and it's 3-3 and even with our defence we're in with a chance of turning the game round.

Grimsby are probably gone even with games in hand, but there's a real scrap on now for 23rd and we are in it up to our necks.

Grant definitely should have taken it

anyone but Keillor Dunne - the blood rush from being on a hat trick is not what a guy playing non league last year when we are behind needs.  He’s not Harry Kane 

You give that to him 5-2 up as a gimme and nothing else 

The club is rotten through to the core. I also do not understand why an experienced manger like curle is trying to shoehorn his prefered system into a team incapable of being able to accommodate that system. Play to our strengths, admittedly we Dont have many. Baden is shit at left back and even worse in the center, diarra needs his contract tearing up.  

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

No one can recognise our club

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Grant definitely should have taken it

anyone but Keillor Dunne - the blood rush from being on a hat trick is not what a guy playing non league last year when we are behind needs.  He’s not Harry Kane 

You give that to him 5-2 up as a gimme and nothing else 

Just checked - Keillor-Dunn has only ever taken one competitive penalty before today

Grant has scored 10 from 13.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

The club is rotten through to the core. I also do not understand why an experienced manger like curle is trying to shoehorn his prefered system into a team incapable of being able to accommodate that system. Play to our strengths, admittedly we Dont have many. Baden is shit at left back and even worse in the center, diarra needs his contract tearing up.  

agree, it’s like pre season when the manager tried a few things. Asking them to change formation and shape at this stage isn’t likely to bring the best out of them. I just hope he learns quickly and doesn’t rotate. Ideally should know now diarra can’t play at the back. 

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Just checked - Keillor-Dunn has only ever taken one competitive penalty before today

Grant has scored 10 from 13.

Surely the captain makes sure the best penalty taker you have on the pitch, gets it. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Could whoever it was who was absolutely demotic on here that Diarra must be decent because he'd been at Monaco care to our themselves? 

Always take those posts with a pinch of salt 

Michael Clegg was at United and played Champions League

Urko Vera in La Liga

Albert Rusnak was at City

Scapuzzi at Liverpool

means cock all 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Always take those posts with a pinch of salt 

Michael Clegg was at United and played Champions League

Urko Vera in La Liga

Albert Rusnak was at City

Scapuzzi at Liverpool

means cock all 

Especially when they left said youth team when they were 20 and Diarra is now 25 and has done cock all inbetween.

I wouldn't mind if we are taking a punt on lads who are 18/19/20 who have been released from big clubs youth academies and have been properly scouted and have potential it's clearly worked for us in the past.

But when you are signing players in their mid twenties you need them to have more than just a few youth team appearances on their C.V.

27 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Walker: OG on his league debut, says it all.  Doubt he'd get a game in the National League South.

Badan: struggling again out of position

Diarra: worst player in the pitch by a country mile.  Shouldn't have made half time

Ntambwe and McCalmont: barely won a ball or found a blue shirt between them

Fage: did ok, got in their faces far more than Ntambwe or McCalmont, but isn't going to change a game

McAleny: missing in action, again. Doesn't work in this system at all.

Hilssner: best of a bad bunch in the middle, should've stayed on

Adams: our best player for me, but less effective after he was switched to the left

Piergianni: another solid performance

Keillor-Dunn: took his chances well, would like to see him up front playing off somebody who can hold the ball up

Bahamboula couldn't do much, Grant is not a target man for me, and Tasdemir is a waste of space

Agree with most of this apart from the comments on McAleny and McCalmont. 

McAleny certainly didn’t go missing but the system played by Curle gave him few opportunities.

McCalmont was busy all afternoon but he does get knocked off the ball far too easily.

As has already been said in the thread, Diarra, Badan and Ntambwe were extremely poor today. Neither Grant nor Tasdemir impacted the game. A dreadful error from the keeper for the fourth goal and a poor decision with the penalty!

Bahamboula once again looked very dangerous and should have been on from the start.

Jameson is available  on Tuesday but where oh where is Borthwick-Jackson? 

Two games in and Curle must be wondering what he’s let himself in for. 

Pathetic.For the second time a penalty taker has had the ball given away and wasted.Our injuries list means we are down to bare bones but to give away a 2-0 lead is woeful.

Hoolahan was always good against us when he played for Blackpooland wish we had signed him from Norwich.

Thank goodness I've got a free ST for next year so I dont have to pay to watch this rubbish at home.

Archived