MATCH: vs Cambridge United (H) 13/03/21

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just because it's out of fashion doesnt mean it won't work. Wait till I win the Euromillions, buy the owner out, sack his brother and run the team with good players using Big Joe's formation.

Admit it, first thing you’d do is bash those advertisement board in. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's his club, he can do what he likes !!

Well I'm sure he would get more people buying season tickets, and the North stand would be open, also there wouldn't be a fat ex copper in the directors lounge. 

59 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just because it's out of fashion doesnt mean it won't work. Wait till I win the Euromillions, buy the owner out, sack his brother and run the team with good players using Big Joe's formation.

What would you do about Shitpeas? 

7 hours ago, Wardie said:

That won't have the slightest effect on them.

The sooner enough points are on board, the better, although they might have to be gained trough scraping draws. Any more wins will be an unexpected bonus.

A piss-poor outfit from the top down. They bear not even the slightest resemblance to the club I used to support and brought my daughters up supporting. At the moment, Latics don't really exist, it's just a shadow left behind by a once great club.

Just exactly what I was thinking. The thought of this shite playing on the same grass as legends over the past brings tears to my eyes. In fact I think they'd make a skinhead fucking cry.

I've never been one for slagging off owners in the past because I've just been thankful that we've still got a team to support.  But when I look at Bolton recently, who had a lot more than a foot in their grave a year ago, then I look at us, and then I have to ask myself what the fuck is going on. Without repeating what we already know but these players are shite. That's where the problem is, no matter who the coach is, whoever is recruiting them should stand up and be pilloried.

• Bender unfeatured this topic
On 3/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, doctor evil said:

I try to take into account what I perceive to be the level of the players we've got. I see us as a middle of the road league 2 outfit. We've got a few players who are better than that but a lot that aren't. If you go into every match expecting to see loads of quality you're going to be disappointed a hell of a lot.

Maybe not loads of quality, but aren't we entitled to see the basics done properly most of the time? Pass to a team mate - control the ball first time - don't get conned into yellow and red cards quite so often - adapt to situations and never let your head go down. These are professional footballers at the level they're at - I don't expect loads of quality as you say, but I do expect the basics.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, Canada_latic said:

What would you do about Shitpeas? 

Imprison him in a Hotel Rooms 4 U luxury suite (I'm not that vindictive) and force him to watch recordings of our defeats this season (preferably with Roy's phone going off at regular intervals) alternating with HD video of Flat Cap Mo's inspirational training sessions.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Maybe not loads of quality, but aren't we entitled to see the basics done properly most of the time? Pass to a team mate - control the ball first time - don't get conned into yellow and red cards quite so often - adapt to situations and never let your head go down. These are professional footballers at the level they're at - I don't expect loads of quality as you say, but I do expect the basics.

Totally. It is baffling how often professional footballers fail to (in no particular order):

pass/control/move/ shoot/ tackle.... it’s got to be a mental thing. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Totally. It is baffling how often professional footballers fail to (in no particular order):

Has to be .  Even at this level and quite a few below players have outstanding ability that he ret of us can only dream of having been endowed with.  I recall in my old Sunday League team we had one lad who had played for Arsenal's youth team alongside the likes of Michael Thomas and David Rocastle.  He never got within shouting distance of a contract there or anywhere else but his ability was just off the scale for the rest of us.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Of course it is. Remember the best players at school who were millions better than us and even they couldn't make it because they aren't as good as these. That's the whole point of proper sport in a way, tests all parts of you.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

One serious concern for me is the physical state of Marcel Hilssner. Obviously, a very good player, but he seems to be getting fatter instead of fitter.

Oh, and Diarra should be fined two weeks wages for that performance on Saturday...

Diarra too, I'm sure he's less fit than when he arrived.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

We where very very good for 20 minutes - our defence was shown for what it is and we were awful from then on

decent 3 cbs and we run this league - we sign wingers and 31 year old GK coaches instead 

The first 20 minutes we looked like a PL team, absolutely carved one of the best teams in the league to pieces. Their manager then changed to four at the back, which stopped Adams getting the crosses in and we then had no answer to what they did.

Archived