MATCH: vs Cambridge United (H) 13/03/21

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If only it was like when we were kids and we only had one ball...
We used to play on Werneth Park and it could often take five minutes for someone to go and ‘fag the ball’ - mind you game used to last for hours 😃

I was goalkeeper, I know what you mean. Even more annoying when it was always a goal claimed as being just under the non existent crossbar. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Twitter saying a keeper coming in on emergency loan from MK Dons. Obviously don't think much of Bilboe, if true

Could it be loanee number 8?  Surely that must be a record!

By my maths we have 15 first team players available tomorrow (16 if a keeper signs on an emergency loan), plus 7 scholars.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Could it be loanee number 8?  Surely that must be a record!

By my maths we have 15 first team players available tomorrow (16 if a keeper signs on an emergency loan), plus 7 scholars.

So that explains why Curly, in his latest interview, has decided he ‘fancies’ a couple of the youth team.

“Fill the bench” he says.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, al_bro said:

The manager coming in during a season should surely play a formation to suit the players at his disposal, not his preferred setup. Bam is not a lone striker, and if Grant is fit he has to play. Shows the stupidity of selling Rowe before getting a replacement in. 

agree. Suggests he’s a bit one dimensional. But suppose he knows he can get promotion playing that way. Be interested to see how we play today

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Baha dropped. Honestly be arsed with Curle 

not surprising. He’s a winger really and we won’t be playing that way. Odd that the club sign him up for another year as you’d have to say he may struggle to fit into curle’ s team. Hopefully he will come on create or score and show him why he has to be playing out of our current squad 

14 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

not surprising. He’s a winger really and we won’t be playing that way. Odd that the club sign him up for another year as you’d have to say he may struggle to fit into curle’ s team. Hopefully he will come on create or score and show him why he has to be playing out of our current squad 

Then the manager should set up the team to suit the better players. 

13 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

What formation is that then, 4-5-1 ? Looks like he's setting up for a 1-0 win, should be a riveting game...

Could be 5-3-2 again:

Fage-Badan-Diarra-Piergianni-Adams

Ntambwe-McCalmont-Hilssner

Keillor-Dunn-McAleny

Dropping Bahamboula and hoofing it to Keillor-Dunn and McAleny?  We'll do well to get a point.

To be fair Bambi may as well sit on the bench if Curly is going for a repeat of last week's performance.

I suppose there is always the chance that he can come on later in the game and maybe create something but i reckon by then it could be too late.

Grant should be starting this one for me.

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Could be 5-3-2 again:

Fage-Badan-Diarra-Piergianni-Adams

Ntambwe-McCalmont-Hilssner

Keillor-Dunn-McAleny

Dropping Bahamboula and hoofing it to Keillor-Dunn and McAleny?  We'll do well to get a point.

It will be 541 at home to the mighty Cambridge. 

Archived