MATCH: vs Cambridge United (H) 13/03/21

For a coach to play 3 centre backs when we only have one is totally clueless.

He seems stubborn to me and set his ways, trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I can tell you already this is another disastrous appointment.

The main blame yet again goes to AL and Mo.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes in, thinking Dylan Fage looks really good .... 

Both him and Andrea Badan just not thinking or trying to play there way out of trouble, just put your laces through it for Christ sake

Credit to DKD for the goals.

We are still failing to play up to Conor Mac, even though Nicky Adams running himself ragged 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because our defense is shit.

And we rewarded 2 of the least impressive ones with contract extensions this week.

As well as DKD and Adams and Hilssner are playing going forward, we have a few playing very poorly... Ntambwe, Diarra, Badan  - they give me the jitters at the back every time Cambridge attack 😱

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

He seems stubborn to me and set his ways, trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Change the bloody record - we have what have it’s always bloody pegs and holes

go and stick the gramophone on 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Would AL or MO have known who Keith Curle was?

Despite the obvious diarra shitshow, another problem is the tactics. When hes said 352 I thought wing backs. But we've been 3 at the back. Adams and fage clearly been told to bomb forward. Which worked for 20 mins. But then as soon as they scored the first, the whole team dropped. That tactic only works if your attacking. Fage and Adams were still trying to get up the field and be our outlets but the midfield and even dkd dropped way back. Commentary is nothin short of racism. Diarra has had a shocker, but everytime someone does something wrong theyre straight on to fage diarra and ntwambe. Where as the rest of the team he says they were trying the right thing. I think fage and ntwambe have had an ok game. Diarra shocking. Badan out of position so I. Not blaming him too much. Which leaves pierrgianni to man the whole 18 yard area alone. We need to forget this id rather win 2 nil. Only way we can defend is if the ball isn't near our defence. We need to attack

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Despite the obvious diarra shitshow, another problem is the tactics. When hes said 352 I thought wing backs. But we've been 3 at the back. Adams and fage clearly been told to bomb forward. Which worked for 20 mins. But then as soon as they scored the first, the whole team dropped. That tactic only works if your attacking. Fage and Adams were still trying to get up the field and be our outlets but the midfield and even dkd dropped way back. Commentary is nothin short of racism. Diarra has had a shocker, but everytime someone does something wrong theyre straight on to fage diarra and ntwambe. Where as the rest of the team he says they were trying the right thing. I think fage and ntwambe have had an ok game. Diarra shocking. Badan out of position so I. Not blaming him too much. Which leaves pierrgianni to man the whole 18 yard area alone. We need to forget this id rather win 2 nil. Only way we can defend is if the ball isn't near our defence. We need to attack

Not commenting on what you said, but just saying it’s a big allegation that. 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

In defence of the formation. 2 of Cambridge's goals were mistakes and the other was a well worked counter attack. One of our relatively few strengths is that we have full backs that are strong going forward. Making the most of Adams and fage by pushing them further forwards into a wing back position makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

It's got sod all to do with racism but everything to do with poor footballers.

3 minutes ago, yarddog said:

Ntambwe is a waste of space i.m.o. He just walks around like a zombie,  and when he does get the ball it's a pass backwards.  Surely we must have someone better than this bag of shine.

I can’t believe he still gets picked ! Whelan is so much better. 

4 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

In defence of the formation. 2 of Cambridge's goals were mistakes and the other was a well worked counter attack. One of our relatively few strengths is that we have full backs that are strong going forward. Making the most of Adams and fage by pushing them further forwards into a wing back position makes sense.

Don’t be coming on here talking sense - haven’t you read the rules?

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Commentary is nothin short of racism. Diarra has had a shocker, but everytime someone does something wrong theyre straight on to fage diarra and ntwambe. Where as the rest of the team he says they were trying...

Sorry.... that’s bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I'd love to know what Mo was thinking giving Diarra a contract extension. What a tosser.

"It's my club and I'll do what I want" probably..

We are poor at the back and CU are a good pass and move footballing side who on this showing deserve to be where they are. Conceding 3 is to be expected but given the line up I didn't expect the 2 !!! I suspect a battering in the 2nd half 

9 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Give over 

Archived