• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the farce is over - One of the lowest points in the club’s recent history.

I wish you all the best for the future Wheatz - I’m sure you know that there was not a single fan who agreed with the way you were treated. I look forward to you returning to BP to a standing ovation 👍

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Finally the farce is over - One of the lowest points in the club’s recent history.

I wish you all the best for the future Wheatz - I’m sure you know that there was not a single fan who agreed with the way you were treated. I look forward to you returning to BP to a standing ovation 👍

A rare post of yours BigDog that I dont agree with

We really have no idea what went on behind the scenes but I aint standing up clapping for a player who sat out a full season, nor will I stand up clapping for our Owner either 

31 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Probably the most disappointing signing of recent years. Obviously he has been treated awfully by the club, but God he was shit last season. I really thought we had an absolute coup on our hands when he came in, and he was dreadful. 

We've found it difficult to replace Clarke and you would have thought someone like Wheater would of had a similar impact.

Were will he rack up next? Bolton or Salford I'm guessing 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looks like we've sold enough season tickets to pay him off.

One farce is now over, I'm sure the next one is only just around the corner........

Yep. Timing is curious and this would certainly figure. Congrats to the 400-odd who've paid up, your money has - potentially - gone to David Wheater. 

Well at least it's finally over!

On the pitch I'd say he was a disappointment because the expectation on him was to have the same impact that Clarke had, and that wasn't just about playing ability.  Clarke was probably the best leader and most professional player that we've had at the club in many a year and Wheater just wasn't as good as him in that regard. 

It has to be said though that the squad that Clarke had around him in League Two and the managers he had were better and easier to be captain of than the squad and managers that Wheater had to work with.

As for off the pitch, Wheater may or may not have been perfect but I'm certain that the club treated him far far worse, while shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly in the process.

Not sure he'd get an ovation from me but he doesn't deserve any grief either.  I hope he can get back to playing football soon and it will be interesting to see how soon he gets picked up. 

I hope the club learn from their mistakes of this debacle, but I'm not holding my breath on that front.

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't think the stats really back that up, do they?

Oldham had the second worst defence in League 2 last season, and he played all but 3 games. 

He was bad

I'm saying nothing! 😂

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Now that he's finally left the club, can you confirm whether or not you were the dog that he injured himself lifting?  Or have you, him and the club signed an NDA?

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Oldham had the second worst defence in League 2 last season, and he played all but 3 games. 

He was bad

He played 34 league games out of 46 but don’t let that  fact get in the way of your stats  

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

He played 34 league games out of 46 but don’t let that  fact get in the way of your stats  

We played 37 last season.

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He was bad

Does the fact that we now have comfortably the worst defence in the league not mean that we were worse without him?

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

We played 37 last season.

Does the fact that we now have comfortably the worst defence in the league not mean that we were worse without him?

Fair point well made  how could I forget the season was cut short 

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He was bad

And the worst this season.

8 minutes ago, Handsy said:

And in those 34 league games, we had the second worst defence?

Not really what you expect when you bring in a centre half who has played his entire career in the Prem/Championship, is it?

He was crap. I'm not denying he was treated abhorrently by the club, but I'm also not going to pretend he was the solution to all our problems when what we saw last season suggests otherwise 

Hopefully they'll use his wages to bring in a competent defender, but I doubt it

Archived