We don’t know the full story and probably never will, however, and I may be wrong here but I don’t think he has sent out a single message of support to his teammates or shown any interest in our performances whatsoever during his time on the sidelines.

There are two sides to every dispute and as much as I can’t stand this regime, for AL to have paid him and not played him thus relinquishing any possibility of a potential transfer fee I’m thinking Wheater must have seriously pissed him off and been in some way responsible for this sorry mess!! 

Very underwhelmed by his signing and whether his heart was ever in it or not he was in no way the experienced polished pro I thought we had signed and even at 37 would have taken Clarkey all day long.

Anyway, he’s gone now, so fuck him!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tGWB said:

A rare post of yours BigDog that I dont agree with

We really have no idea what went on behind the scenes but I aint standing up clapping for a player who sat out a full season, nor will I stand up clapping for our Owner either 

Agree that we don’t have any real idea yet on what went on behind the scenes. And although I didn’t agree with his stance during furlough, I do know that he wanted to play again but was prevented from doing so. I do know that the owner treated him badly. I do know that the owner wasted a wage for the season. I don’t know whether Wheatz was standing by his principles or whether he made any attempt to find another club.

Maybe having time to reflect I may not clap as loudly as I might have but maybe now the full story will come out? Or maybe there’s a non-disclosure agreement in place.

Whatever the whole truth is, it was yet another sorry chapter.

Could we sign a free agent centre back with his wages? Would I be right in thinking that we wouldn't be able to register them for the squad or is that just on Football manager?

25 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

Could we sign a free agent centre back with his wages? Would I be right in thinking that we wouldn't be able to register them for the squad or is that just on Football manager?

As mo refers to football manager for all info, that leaves us screwed. But I believe u can sign out of contract players and play them. But I'm not 100%

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yep. Timing is curious and this would certainly figure. Congrats to the 400-odd who've paid up, your money has - potentially - gone to David Wheater. 

Interesting isn't it. The first thing we do when we start selling season tickets (2 months before the current season ends) is to pay off a player who they have a pretty dispute with and the current manager and employ one on a short term deal.

It's as if that money hasn't been earmarked for next season........

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Interesting isn't it. The first thing we do when we start selling season tickets (2 months before the current season ends) is to pay off a player who they have a pretty dispute with and the current manager and employ one on a short term deal.

.....in the same way the Zak Emmerson money - allegedly - was used to pay Blitz's debenture.

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

🤔Perhaps they’re planning to do one at the end of the season!🤡🤡

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And replace him with a guy on a 2 month deal?

Curle I wouldn’t say was the cheapest option. I’m still leaning towards they arnt going anywhere, anytime soon. 

Hows the trust getting on ? Still mulling over the Kewell statement 

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Curle I wouldn’t say was the cheapest option. I’m still leaning towards they arnt going anywhere, anytime soon. 

Hows the trust getting on ? Still mulling over the Kewell statement 

To be honest, I don't tihnk the Trust should be commenting on day to day matters, it just sidetracks from what they should be doing. PTB do an axcellent job of that anyway. The Trust should focus on the longer term items like it is focussing on the AVC, and getting itself into to position if things take a turn for the worst, which it appears to be making long overdue attempts at. Something that should have happened years ago. Now the coup has been averted, at least it seems to be going in the right direction.

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We don’t know the full story and probably never will, however, and I may be wrong here but I don’t think he has sent out a single message of support to his teammates or shown any interest in our performances whatsoever during his time on the sidelines.

There are two sides to every dispute and as much as I can’t stand this regime, for AL to have paid him and not played him thus relinquishing any possibility of a potential transfer fee I’m thinking Wheater must have seriously pissed him off and been in some way responsible for this sorry mess!! 

Very underwhelmed by his signing and whether his heart was ever in it or not he was in no way the experienced polished pro I thought we had signed and even at 37 would have taken Clarkey all day long.

Anyway, he’s gone now, so fuck him!!!

For someone who clearly knows nothing about the true story, you have some very negative and downright nasty opinions. I for one would prefer you keep your foul opinions to yourself. 

35 minutes ago, Pidge said:

For someone who clearly knows nothing about the true story, you have some very negative and downright nasty opinions. I for one would prefer you keep your foul opinions to yourself. 

So you know all about it then....

35 minutes ago, Pidge said:

21 hours ago, BJBlue said:

I'm not certain but I think we can sign someone as long as they have been unregistered since the last window

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

😂. How dare he share his opinion. 

Archived