• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stanley30
1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Not that significant, according to someone at the club I spoke to a while back. 

Hahaha

On 4/13/2021 at 2:37 PM, al_bro said:

Not that significant, according to someone at the club I spoke to a while back. 

I don't believe that.  He must have been one of the highest earners, possibly the highest.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I don't believe that.  He must have been one of the highest earners, possibly the highest.

You’re forgetting we are owned by a guy who paid Menig over £10,000 a week - I wouldn’t be amazed to find out Tasdemir or Fage were our highest earners 

** Though I’m warming to Fage 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You’re forgetting we are owned by a guy who paid Menig over £10,000 a week - I wouldn’t be amazed to find out Tasdemir or Fage were our highest earners 

** Though I’m warming to Fage 

I would. 

By the way.... this season Menig has scored 8 goals in 25 games playing as a winger for FC Twente in the Dutch top league. 

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I would. 

By the way.... this season Menig has scored 8 goals in 25 games playing as a winger for FC Twente in the Dutch top league. 

Never any doubt he had talent. He must have been bewildered by what went on 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Never any doubt he had talent. He must have been bewildered by what went on 

Saw him away at Milton Keynes. He clearly had plenty of talent.

Also scored a last minute winner against Blackburn Rovers. This fact alone places him high in my esteem!

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What’s happened to all the money from his contract we should be spreading that On a few or even pushed the boat out for McAleny 

Plugging the gap on ticket sales from the last 18 months.

58 minutes ago, Millibob said:

"Explosive" interview with the big fellow on BBC GMR Sport 2- 6 today.

Might be an interesting listen for both fans and owners:peepwall:

Bet there will be the odd lawyer listening in too

Will be good to finally hear his side of the story

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I was asked (along with Adam from PTB) to go on GMR and give a reaction to this interview. They phoned today to say they didn't need any of us due to "editorial reasons"...

Eg your not a noblot fan 

Given up till someone uploads the whole thing with no breaks but so far

yes he was concussed (in a youth game)

yes he got Covid 

was already banned to the youth team at the point

yes he hurt his back lifting his dog

Dino and Kewell both told him he couldn’t play - decisions “from the top”

when the club made where he lived an issue the sub keeper lived further away

Youth team sheet couldnt spell his name

they didn’t have a kit to fit him

made him drive to Blackburn for a youth team despite knowing he wouldn’t play 

had to ask the referee if he could wear his training shorts which were the same colour of Blackburn’s and the ref agreed as the ones he had on were like speedos (didn’t end up playing anyway)

What a putrid, nasty vindictive bullying set of pricks we have running our club 

I wouldn't say it was explosive. I think we pretty much knew everything he talked about already. Doesn't make it less depressing to listen to though. He didn't mention Al and Mo too much. Probably wise but we all know it was their doing. They got upset because the bloke didn't want to take a 70% pay cut after being told it would only be 20%.

7 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

I wouldn't say it was explosive. I think we pretty much knew everything he talked about already. Doesn't make it less depressing to listen to though. He didn't mention Al and Mo too much. Probably wise but we all know it was their doing. They got upset because the bloke didn't want to take a 70% pay cut after being told it would only be 20%.

Pretty much what I took from it too although it might be quite shocking listening to how bad a so called professional football club treats its players to non-Oldham fans who aren't aware of how our football club is a shitshow.

5 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

That’s not quite right. 

The government would pay 80% up-to £2500 a month on furlough, with the club paying the further 20%. 

The club said that’s what would happen. Then they changed their mind and said they wouldn’t pay the top up. (How did they get away with that??) DW said then we were told their wage would be cut by 70%, but that can’t be right. He is missing his 20% from the club, and quite rightly would be pissed. But the other 50% can only be because his wage far superior seeded the maximum monthly allowance. Which he has no right to whinge about, and the club with no money coming in have no obligation to pay. So to be honest-  you can see both sides. 

Having said that- his treatment after the initial disagreement is a disgrace. 

Archived