BPAS PODCAST: 15th Mar '21 Episode 26: Craig Davies Interview

OUT NOW!

Brought to the club twice by Shez, striker Craig Davies played for Oldham in 2007/08 & 2017/18. In this frank and open interview, he describes the feeling around the club as "day and night" in those two spells, before and after the take over. This is Craig's account of what happened in the season that finally saw Oldham relegated to the bottom tier. 

This episode contains strong language.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Learn more about The FSA by visiting https://thefsa.org.uk/

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be fun! I always wondered if having Craig Davies on his Instagram live was the main reason behind Wheater’s fall out with AL, and that the pay dispute was a convenient excuse. 

36 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I missed this NZ. What happened? 

Wheater was doing instagram chats with various ex-teammates around the time of the 1st lockdown.  He did one with Craig Davies who was less than complimentary when it came to AL.  

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Wheater was doing instagram chats with various ex-teammates around the time of the 1st lockdown.  He did one with Craig Davies who was less than complimentary when it came to AL.  

I remember seeing that, but I think shit had already hit the fan at this point 

Well...It would've been better if Craig said what he really thought.  😉

I think it's fair to say that the Abdallah Lemsagam ticked all the boxes on the "How not to run a football club" checklist during our relegation season.

Mo can take a lot of the blame since then when he's been Sporting Director, but Abdallah takes full responsibility for our relegation with his antics.

Is there a way that we can block Curle from listening to that before he signs for next season?

Was very sceptical about listening to this podcast, another ex player trashing us etc 

However, I thought Craig came over as genuine regarding his 2nd spell with us and under AL

The memory I have etched on my brain is how most of our players at Northampton for that last game of the season, which a Win would have kept us up is that most of them, Craig included, couldn't look less arsed if they tried. Will cut them a bit of slack now after listening to that

Its blindingly obvious now that we are doomed under AL and anyone on our Club Board with even the slightest interest in the well being of our Club, should resign

For sure, whilst AL is in charge, we are going to be relegated into non league football or go into Administration 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Remember the outraged vitriol that CD took on here and no doubt elsewhere for that headbutt?  Too often everything is black and white.

It's fascinating how players develop over the course of their career.

I remember when he came in alongside Hughes and Ricketts, who were known talents but with known baggage, Davies was a wildcard with a lot of potential.  And while he was inconsistent he scored some good goals and showed some ability before his injury.  I was one of those who wrote him off after the Rochdale headbutt and I vividly remember Shez saying when he signed for Brighton "in five years time he'll either be in non-league or the Championship, it's up to him".  He was heading towards the former before Shez bought him for Chesterfield and he thrived from there for a few years.

Fast forward to when he came back to us and he was a completely different player.  An experienced target man and, while he was a little limited, he was a very good foil for Doyle in the first half of the season.  The rumours were there about Coventry which would've been a loss to us if he left, but the way AL messed him about with it is completely unfair.  He's clearly passionate about the club and to hear him so disillusioned by the regime is a damning indictment on them.

I thought he came across in a reasonable manner in that interview.  I'm a little surprised that a midlands club around our level hasn't taken a gamble on him on a free, especially as Nile Ranger has managed to find a club!

What a great listen that was, well played to BPAS for setting the podcast up with Craig 👍, I’m so glad I stopped mine and my lads season tickets 2 season ago while these frauds are still running the club it will stay like that!

🤡🤡out

Archived