BPAS PODCAST: 15th Mar '21 Episode 26: Craig Davies Interview

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Really !

16/17 L1 17th

17/18 L1 21st RELEGATED

18/19 L2 14th

19/20 L2 19th

20/21 L2 bottom half ?

You cant change the Club you support, but you can choose if and how you spend your £money to support them

Problem is we are only ever a handful of wins away from the off the field stuff being put on the back burner. Those who are going to stay away are already doing so.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BPAS said:

Did you listen to the FSA interview episode? If not, it's worth a listen via the thread/link below. We learn here the value of the EFL golden share. Relegation out of the Football League would in fact place the club at a higher risk of liquidation should we become ownerless.....

Very important point worth highlighting. Whilst the Trust track record has been poor, the last lot of elections staved off the coup and allowed it to start getting back on it's feet.
That golden share stops a prompt liquidation and allows the fans the opportinuty to purchase the ground, if we can get organised.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Out of interest - how many people saying “starve them of money” have been paying a tenner most weeks to watch on ifollow?

I don't like the idea of giving them money, but I have been doing this over lockdown.  The amount they get from it isn't going to make much difference and it's been a good focal point for boring days and an opportunity to interact with others about it, which is probably more important than any token protest.. 

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't like the idea of giving them money, but I have been doing this over lockdown.  The amount they get from it isn't going to make much difference and it's been a good focal point for boring days and an opportunity to interact with others about it, which is probably more important than any token protest.. 

I agree I was just interested - 20 games watched this season hands over more or at least the same as those who are paying for next (granted not all of it goes to the club but a chunk does)

what’s the difference?

they’ll all be on giving their thoughts on tonight’s lacklustre performance no doubt later whilst saying the likes of me (who quite fancies a saturday afternoon of football with my 83 year old grandad who I haven’t seen for 12 months and probably hasn’t many more of those left with his health) needs their head testing 

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm quite relieved (ironically) that someone is coming round tonight to draw up plans for a new bathroom.  I think selecting a toilet may beat watching another match for excitement

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree I was just interested - 20 games watched this season hands over more or at least the same as those who are paying for next (granted not all of it goes to the club but a chunk does)

what’s the difference?

they’ll all be on giving their thoughts on tonight’s lacklustre performance no doubt later whilst saying the likes of me (who quite fancies a saturday afternoon of football with my 83 year old grandad who probably hasn’t many more of this left with his health) needs their head testing 

Yeah, I'm taking a bit of pragmatic approach to it at the moment.  I'll happily swerve an afternoon trip to BP (although I'm all over a good away day..), but won't feel guilty about doing the odd home game for a big game/if a good crowd are going.

Fair play to anyone who is making a stand by not paying in any more.  However I think it's got to the point where it won't make much of a difference and no one will really notice - our fans have been "protesting" in this way since 1994.  5,000 seemed to disappear in the close season we dropped out of the Premier League - did it alter our decline?

A protest needs to be pro-active, in my opinion.  Be noisy in the ground, get noticed.  Can't do that if you're not there...

I`ve not listened to the podcast but I long ago reached the conclusion that it's a "cultural thing" - the owner simply will not be seen to "lose face". A very difficult situation because, from most people's perspective, the normal rules around logic have no basis whatsoever in the decision making.

I'm not sure we need to protest in the ground. They already know how people feel so a few of us shout at Barry and Mo they are not going to listen or care. 

The only option is to stop going. Those that go are not lining his pockets but by not going you are making his life far more difficult to meet his financial obligations. The club needs us in the ground they won't care what we say once we get in a have paid them money.

4 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I don’t think anybody thinks our money goes straight into the owner’s pocket do they? 

The way I see it is the less money over the turnstiles, shirt sales etc then the more money he has to put in to keep it going and the sooner he runs out and fucks off from whence he came. 

Yes, I thought that was obvious when I said my bit.

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm not sure we need to protest in the ground. They already know how people feel so a few of us shout at Barry and Mo they are not going to listen or care. 

The only option is to stop going. Those that go are not lining his pockets but by not going you are making his life far more difficult to meet his financial obligations. The club needs us in the ground they won't care what we say once we get in a have paid them money.

I think they would care if the fans protested in the ground - they didn't like being confronted at the Royton Cricket Club night.

It's the money they don't seem to care about - look at the fans they've lost, the current season-ticket prices and the money they've spent on wages in the past.  Losing money hasn't seemed to make a difference. 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Out of interest - how many people saying “starve them of money” have been paying a tenner most weeks to watch on ifollow?

Not guilty. Watched twice on ifollow this season, once signed up direct with Grimsby and the other direct with Port Vale. After those two crackerjack matches I don’t think I’ll be bothering again for a while. 

22 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think they would care if the fans protested in the ground - they didn't like being confronted at the Royton Cricket Club night.

It's the money they don't seem to care about - look at the fans they've lost, the current season-ticket prices and the money they've spent on wages in the past.  Losing money hasn't seemed to make a difference. 

And in that period since then they have gone through 2 Head Coaches shut the North Stabd over a petty arguement and fallen out with the club captain and we are still at the arse end of the 4th division. He hasn't listened.

He will carry on doing batshit crazy stuff because he's thick. The best way for him to save face is to sell the club quickly.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

And in that period since then they have gone through 2 Head Coaches shut the North Stabd over a petty arguement and fallen out with the club captain and we are still at the arse end of the 4th division. He hasn't listened.

He will carry on doing batshit crazy stuff because he's thick. The best way for him to save face is to sell the club quickly.

Trouble is, I think he could see selling it as losing face. In his eyes, that could mean he's failed and he'll never admit to that.

CD's comments simply reiterate what we all know. The man is a self possessed charlatan. And a nasty one at that. He'll never get what he thinks the club is worth and he probably knows that, so he'll carry on pissing people off because he doesn't care.

Players, managers/head coaches, office staff, anyone who works at the club, he shows no respect for. Leopards don't change their spots, so he's not going to suddenly become the owner we need him to be.

We will survive in League 2 this season, but I fear next season could see us relegated. I'll be amazed if KC is still here, so another mug/puppet will rock up, more 3rd rate players will come and go. Rinse and repeat. We are going nowhere. Except further down.

If the man had any balls at all, he would refute all the comments about him, but he chooses to remain silent. That says it all for me. Narcissistic.

Excellent podcast, by the way, Matt. Really enjoyed it. Especially when he said Mo had played at Sunday League level.

Seen plenty on Twitter quick to hammer out a tweet slathering Davies in praise for a quick like and a shot of dopamine but I wonder where this energy was when Keegan highlighted the same very issues straight after relegation?

Great interview nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Seen plenty on Twitter quick to hammer out a tweet slathering Davies in praise for a quick like and a shot of dopamine but I wonder where this energy was when Keegan highlighted the same very issues straight after relegation?

Keegan our alleged saviour. Let’s see these connections he has. All fart no poo that man. 

2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Keegan our alleged saviour. Let’s see these connections he has. All fart no poo that man. 

Think the problem with Mike is, he promised this huge warts and all expose in a national (if putrid) paper which included our friends in Brass Bank

he didn’t deliver it or even mention it on his podcast interview if I remember?

• Matt featured this topic
On 3/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Any dissenters will be asked to leave the  stadium by stewards I'd have thought as happened with the main stand personal verbal confrontation with AL last season.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Any dissenters will be asked to leave the  stadium by stewards I'd have thought as happened with the main stand personal verbal confrontation with AL last season.

Agreed, but if there are enough protesting the stewards will find it difficult.

Archived