4 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Can’t believe that there isn’t a keeper with previous EFL experience sitting in any one of the top 4 leagues in the country who could not be brought in before a debutant at the age of 31. It’s unforgivable.

Perhaps but if we win the game 2-1 nobody bats an eyelid about it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really think they do. It's just bizarre, if you could bring in an experienced loanees at short notice then just about fair enough but to bring it a 31 year old league debutant to play behind the wor

Top performance from the lad tonight 

Feels Sunday league this. Like when you all turn up and are stood in car park ready to set off and your keeper drops the dreaded text in to say he can’t play and you round up someone through friend of

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

But we don’t win 2-1. On average the defence concedes 2 a game with an experienced keeper in goal for most of the season. The last thing we need is an inexperienced keeper at this level.

Bilboe has been understudy to Lawlor all season and was on the bench so not injured. To bring an inexperienced National League player in as a replacement at this stage of the season is very strange. Bilboe is our player and surely deserved the opportunity to play.
Probably means we’ll be looking for another 2 goalkeepers again next season!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, steveecky said:

But we don’t win 2-1. On average the defence concedes 2 a game with an experienced keeper in goal for most of the season. The last thing we need is an inexperienced keeper at this level.

I'm guessing at short notice the availability of keepers would be limited.  Obviously the last goal is a shocker but did he do much wrong other than that?

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm guessing at short notice the availability of keepers would be limited.  Obviously the last goal is a shocker but did he do much wrong other than that?

I think you are missing the point really. 

Why bring in a man when we have a better option at the club, who has played more professional games? 

I would also argue Walker was pretty shit on the basis he made a simple error and conceded 4 goals on his professional debut at 31. 

You say Walker has more experience ? Why because he’s older ? Bilboe is more experienced than him at his job. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think you are missing the point really. 

Why bring in a man when we have a better option at the club, who has played more professional games? 

I would also argue Walker was pretty shit on the basis he made a simple error and conceded 4 goals on his professional debut at 31. 

You say Walker has more experience ? Why because he’s older ? Bilboe is more experienced than him at his job. 

Hate to be pedantic but they'd both played 3 professional games before today.

Easy to say the one on the bench is the better option when you've lost, like I said nobody would have thought anything of it if you win the game or he only concedes once.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

...like I said nobody would have thought anything of it if you win the game or he only concedes once.

And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle...

16 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I really think they do. It's just bizarre, if you could bring in an experienced loanees at short notice then just about fair enough but to bring it a 31 year old league debutant to play behind the worst defence in the division would beggar belief if there was any belief left to be beggared. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps. But what actually happened is that we conceded four and he threw one into his own net direct from a corner. 

I felt sorry for the lad , especially as he had made a very good save when it was 2-0 and their second goal was deflected in. However there was a corner immediately before that fourth goal and Pidge had to head it out from under the bar. Even before then he didn’t appear commanding of his box on crosses. 
Worse or better than Bilboe? I’ve not seen enough to be as adamant as others but either way it was an unfortunate way to debut.  I should imagine he’ll play at Scunthorpe and just hope those in front of him play better. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Perhaps. But what actually happened is that we conceded four and he threw one into his own net direct from a corner. 

The bottom line is we didn't lose the game because of the 'inexperience' of the goalkeeper. If Bilbao had played and conceded four then no doubt everyone would be saying the emergency keeper should have started.

50 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The bottom line is we didn't lose the game because of the 'inexperience' of the goalkeeper. If Bilbao had played and conceded four then no doubt everyone would be saying the emergency keeper should have started.

I think it’s safe to say we did. He punched the ball into the net. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think it’s safe to say we did. He punched the ball into the net. 

Can I play this game too?

I thought we lost the game because of DKD... he missed an easy header in the first half  and a penalty in the second.

😏

I think I read somewhere that Bilboe is injured, perhaps he isn't fully fit yet and was only on the bench rather than the youth team goal keeper. According to Roy, Grant isn't fully fit either yet but was also on the bench. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

So we have a team full of crocks as well as a team full of shite!

I'm wondering if the training is too intensive.

• 2 weeks later...