21 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

A bit like Mr. McKay in Porridge ?

or an officer in the old Wehrmacht. Yes, it's a bit weird.

Still, fair play to the man. Really good performance. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really think they do. It's just bizarre, if you could bring in an experienced loanees at short notice then just about fair enough but to bring it a 31 year old league debutant to play behind the wor

Top performance from the lad tonight 

Feels Sunday league this. Like when you all turn up and are stood in car park ready to set off and your keeper drops the dreaded text in to say he can’t play and you round up someone through friend of

On 3/13/2021 at 7:27 PM, steveecky said:

But we don’t win 2-1. On average the defence concedes 2 a game with an experienced keeper in goal for most of the season. The last thing we need is an inexperienced keeper at this level.

Actually last night was our 7th 2-1 win of the season including both against Exeter! 😉

Fair play to Walker, he seems to be getting better with each game.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Steady on. It's one game, lets see if he can sustain it for the next 8 or so...

And he's thrown one in his net already.  Lawlor got stick for much less.

Good to see the improvement though.

I'm far from convinced by him and it does seem to take him two, or sometimes three, attempts to keep hold of the ball and his saves seem to be parried back into danger areas, but he is probably worth a deal for next season and doubling him up as a GK coach...

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm far from convinced by him and it does seem to take him two, or sometimes three, attempts to keep hold of the ball and his saves seem to be parried back into danger areas, but he is probably worth a deal for next season and doubling him up as a GK coach...

Steady on its only 1 game

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Mark Wright the only way is Essex

Good call. I watched him play regularly in Conference North for Bishop's Stortford 

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

i wonder if any player has ever made his league debut at a later stage in life

Tony Book made his top flight debut at the age of 31, 2 seasons after making his first FL appearance.

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Tony Book made his top flight debut at the age of 31, 2 seasons after making his first FL appearance.

Yes that's a good shout, Tony Book was some player. City's most successful captain pre-the modern era.