Home Form

With 5 home games to play we have 14 points from a possible 54....4 wins 2 draws and 12 defeats. 

We must be heading for a record if we’re not there already.

I can’t remember a worse season in over 60 years and I’m sure under normal circumstances the atmosphere at BP would have been horrendous and attendances would have more than likely dropped to around 2000.

This ST initiative has absolutely no chance of any success. We are heading only one way whilst these idiots are running our club!!

**********ABDALLAH OUT**********

We have become a laughing stock  to all teams at home and I'm amazed  at our  away form.

Our fans at home games would have booed  them off the pitch.

I wouldn't  renew my st.

Pitch too small and bobbly to sustain our style of play.  That paired with CB's who are seemingly colour blind or technically impaired, has lead us to defeat for most of the games.

Kewell wanted us to play out of the back and to create expansive football, so did Banide. It just isn't going to work mainly because the pitches turn into a surface akin to Mars in January, and secondly, we don't have the budget to create a team to completely outclass a team of average thugs which dominate this division normally. 

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

We have become a laughing stock  to all teams at home and I'm amazed  at our  away form.

Our fans at home games would have booed  them off the pitch.

I wouldn't  renew my st.

You could always give it away!😆😆

6 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Pitch too small and bobbly to sustain our style of play.  That paired with CB's who are seemingly colour blind or technically impaired, has lead us to defeat for most of the games.

Kewell wanted us to play out of the back and to create expansive football, so did Banide. It just isn't going to work mainly because the pitches turn into a surface akin to Mars in January, and secondly, we don't have the budget to create a team to completely outclass a team of average thugs which dominate this division normally. 

Is the pitch any smaller than when Holden and Adams weaved their magic?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Is the pitch any smaller than when Holden and Adams weaved their magic

Forty years of memories, I dont have the impression of a narrower pitch, the debate on angle of slope is harder to judge.

As with many long suffering supporters, I am sustained by recalling better times, so thankful to have witnessed great days.

None more exciting than Tommy Wright flying down the wing, didnt seem to be struggling for width.

Very few highlights this season, one has been the remarkably high standard of the pitch, even during lockdown when I gather the staff / kind hearted souls were looking after it for love, not money.

If we are looking for excuses, its not the pitch.

Top ten worst seasons based on league home form, sorted by HPPG.

Seasons before 1981 adjusted to 3 points for a win (3PM columns) original points systems are also shown.

• This season has the worst home form so far.
  • 3 seasons ended in relegation.
  • 4 seasons in the 2000's

image.png

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Forty years of memories, I dont have the impression of a narrower pitch, the debate on angle of slope is harder to judge.

As with many long suffering supporters, I am sustained by recalling better times, so thankful to have witnessed great days.

None more exciting than Tommy Wright flying down the wing, didnt seem to be struggling for width.

Very few highlights this season, one has been the remarkably high standard of the pitch, even during lockdown when I gather the staff / kind hearted souls were looking after it for love, not money.

If we are looking for excuses, its not the pitch.

Agree with your sentiments, Mayfield other than I never did get the "Tommy Wright" thing. Seen some good wingers at BP (e.g. Carl Valentine, George McVitie, Ricky Holden) and , of course, the imperious Alan Groves. I`ve personally never seen a player (live) with so much skill, balance, strength and dribbling ability as Alan Groves. On his day, he was simply unstoppable and crazily entertaining (and probably frustrating for managers!). I remember as a young lad being mesmerised on the old Rochdale Road terrace; Grovesy had utterly roasted the opposition right back but, having already beaten him, he stopped, turned around and took the ball back towards the corner flag. He then proceeded to tease the full back, who still couldn't tackle him, before waltzing around him and putting a cross in. Absolute magic and a very gifted footballer who died far too young. 

11 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Mars in January is far more appealing than Oldham in August.

12 hours ago, Bender said:

Top ten worst seasons based on league home form, sorted by HPPG.

Seasons before 1981 adjusted to 3 points for a win (3PM columns) original points systems are also shown.

• This season has the worst home form so far.
  • 3 seasons ended in relegation.
  • 4 seasons in the 2000's

image.png

Sadly, all but 3 of those seasons have been in my lifetime as a Latics supporter.

Archived