MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (A) 16/03/21

image.png

Referee appointed: SAM ALLISON.
(first time appointed in a Latics game this season).

EFL Appointments 12-17-march

image.png

Latics:

Not won in 4 games.
One win in 8 games.
9 points from possible 27.

Scunthorpe United:
Not scored at home in 2 games.
One win in 6 games.
17 points from possible 27.

>> Prediction League: https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scunthorpe:

- better away from home.

- similar recent form to us.

- one place below us in the table.

- score less than us

- concede less than us (!)

- same goal difference.

- Loft is top scorer.

- Eisa is a pacy forward

- Van Veen always causes us problems.

Oldham:

- better away from home 

- have some good attacking players

- poor defensively

- long injury list

- getting used to a new manager’s style

The number of injured players is extremely frustrating. I would like to have a proper update on the situation with Borthwick-Jackson, Clarke, Blackwood, Barnes and the rest. . 

I imagine that Jameson starts alongside Piergianni. I also hope that Curle saw what we all know about Bahamboula and plays him from the off. Furthermore I imagine that Curle has already seen enough of certain players to know that they do not have the skills or confidence needed even at this level.

I will be handing over another ten pounds in the hope that the new manager bounce arrives tomorrow evening...

46 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Scunthorpe:

- better away from home.

- similar recent form to us.

- one place below us in the table.

- score less than us

- concede less than us (!)

- same goal difference.

- Loft is top scorer.

- Eisa is a pacy forward

- Van Veen always causes us problems.

Oldham:

- better away from home 

- have some good attacking players

- poor defensively

- long injury list

- getting used to a new manager’s style

The number of injured players is extremely frustrating. I would like to have a proper update on the situation with Borthwick-Jackson, Clarke, Blackwood, Barnes and the rest. . 

I imagine that Jameson starts alongside Piergianni. I also hope that Curle saw what we all know about Bahamboula and plays him from the off. Furthermore I imagine that Curle has already seen enough of certain players to know that they do not have the skills or confidence needed even at this level.

I will be handing over another ten pounds in the hope that the new manager bounce arrives tomorrow evening...

Hope your optimism is rewarded Big Dog. I think that poor dead cat will have lost all elasticity by now.

If KC subtracted the players he doesn't want to pick, from the list of available to play, we would be nearly there for a 5 a side.

That Van Veen did punish us last time, too easy.

Also hoping to see CBJ back.

Keep faith with Pidge, Diarra's confidence may be in bits now, so Jameson is a good shout.

Wouldnt be unhappy with Jombati at right back. Need as much pace as we can muster.

I hope he goes for the same 3-4-2-1 set up as he did for Cambridge, but with a few changes in personell.

Walker/Bilboe

Clarke (or if injured, Jombati)

Piergianni

Jameson

Adams

Ntambwe/McCalmont/Whelan

Hilßner

Badan

Bahamboula

McAleny

DKD

Not excited by either keeper so not fussed who plays.  Clarke's due to be returning from Arsenal today so I assume he's ready?  Alongside Pidge and a naturally left sided centre back in Jameson and I'd be happier with our back 3 from Saturday.

Hilßner was better against Cambridge than against Vale but I'd drop him deeper to accomodate Bahamboula on the right attacking midfield position.  The other place is up for grabs because neither Ntambwe or McCalmont earned their place last time out.

Here's hoping DKD continues to score in his False 9 role.

Certainly a winnable game but Van Veen always worries me.

Here we go again, another winnable game but can we get something from it?

More of the same at Carlisle second half would be most welcome, points on the board needed and fast.

Time to tune in and have a look at the playing surface.

Good luck tonight fellas 

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Appears he definitely sees Bam as an impact player from the bench?

Whelan's big chance tonight. I'd rather see Bahamboula starting, though, as there's a chance we're going to get steamrollered in the middle.

Looks like Badan playing CB again too.  He's trying his best, but he's not suited to it.

Pleased to see Keillor-Dunn up front though, think it's worth trying given that his finishing has been much better than his passing this season.

Just now, Mayfield said:

Any word on Ben Garrity, meaning his whereabouts or fitness, not abuse.

Cant recall his name being mentioned for a while.

Think the bottom line is that he isn't good enough. He'd probably be floating around on the bench like Whelan if he wasn't part of the army of loanees. 

Archived