Playing Squad - Summer 21

Picking up the baton from Crusoe. Will keep post 1 updated...

1. Jayson Leutwiler (2023?)

23. Danny Rogers (2022)

2. Jordan Clarke (2022)
3. Sam Hart (2022 with option)
5. Harrison McGahey (2023?)

6. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)

17. Jack Stobbs (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)
32. Will Sutton (2022) 

33. Benny Couto (2024)

4. Ousseynou Cisse (2022 with option)

7. Nicky Adams (2022)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

27. Jamie Hopcutt (2022 with option)

28. Chris Missilou (2022)

34. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

36. Joe Edwards (2023)

47. Kane Badby (2022) 

9. Hallum Hope (2022 with option)

11. Mike Fondop (2022)

19. Vani Da Silva (2023)
29. Junior Luamba (2022)

30. Tope Obadeyi (2022)

2nd Year Scholars
13. Kacper Danielewicz

37. Trey Turner
39. Isaac Modi 

Jack Williams 
Oliver Kilner 
Asa Hughes
Jim Simms

1st Year Scholars
40. Luke Southerington

Llyton Chapman
Aaron Atkinson
Kofi Moore 
Oli Havens
Favour Okeke
Mworina Doro
Harvey Green
Jake Forshaw 
Fraser Cookson

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 months since Jack Williams came within a few seconds of making history by being stripped and ready for action at Maidstone - would have been the youngest player to ever appear in the FA Cup if he'd got on.  Not heard a peep since.

31 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Picking up the baton from Crusoe. Will keep post 1 updated...

1. Ian Lawlor (season loan from Doncaster Rovers) Could be worth signing if his last two or three games are anything to go by
13. Gary Woods (2021) - (full-season loan to Aberdeen) I think ALMO have decided he'll never play for us again
33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus optionNot seen enough of him to make a decision
30. Mackenzie Chapman (scholar) Same as Bilboe
37. Laurie Walker (emergency short-term loan from MK Dons) Please send him back asap

2. Harry Clarke (full-season loan from Arsenal) Will no doubt play higher than League 2 next season
3. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (2021) Worth another year IMO
4. Sido Jombati (2021) Bye bye
5. Carl Piergianni (2022He's come good since he came back into the side
6. Ben Garrity (full-season loan from Blackpool) No thanks
14. Dylan Fage (2021) Seems to have found some form, so maybe worth another year
15. Kyle Jameson (2022There's something that makes me think he'll be OK
20. Andrea Badan (2022Why? Shouldn't be here next season
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022Extending his contract is madness IMO
32. Will Sutton (scholar) Does he have potential? I've no idea

8. Callum Whelan (2022Worth keeping, I think
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2021) I'd give him another year with the right coaching
16. Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus optionPlease no, but the Chuckle Brothers will probably extend it because they don't have a clue
17. Serhat Tasdemir (half-season loan from Peterboro) Waste of a loan. Not good enough
21. Marcel Hilßner (half-season loan from Coventry) Can't see him being here again

23. Nicky Adams (2022Thank God for that
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022Excellent
25. Alfie McCalmont (full-season loan from Leeds) He won't be back
28. Ben Hough (scholar) No idea
43. Reece Gaskell (scholar) No idea
59. Jack Williams (scholar) No idea, but what's happened to the kid? He was THE hope a couple of years ago

7. George Blackwood (2022Back up at best, but not up to it IMO
11. Bobby Grant (full-season loan from Wrexham) I think he might be here next season. Probably worth having
18. Conor McAleny (2021) Worth an extension, but does he want to stay?
19. Zak Dearnley (2022Sort out his injury problems over the summer and there's a real player in there
26. Marcus Barnes (2021) There's got to be far better out there
27. Vani Da Silva (scholar) Same as Hough and Gaskell
29. Junior Luamba (scholar) Same as Hough and Gaskell

For what it's worth, that is how I see the squad for next season.

Call me a Sceptic but taking up the option on Dylan Bahamboula early doors means only one thing, he’ll be sold on soon 

Cant see us holding on to Conor McAleny either 

Go Up or Stay Up chances for the 21/22 Season heavily reliant on the Clubs ability to attract at least one very decent Centre Back, a creative midfielder, a ball winning midfielder and a decent goalscorer 

Looks easy on paper but lets be honest, it’ll be far from easy 

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Agree with pretty well all of that. Assuming the Chuckle Brothers are as inept in the transfer market when signing players as ever, we really must be favourites for the drop in 2021/22. Desperately lacking in good players, leadership and experience.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

27 months since Jack Williams came within a few seconds of making history by being stripped and ready for action at Maidstone - would have been the youngest player to ever appear in the FA Cup if he'd got on.  Not heard a peep since.

Injured, but will be given time I hear.

A grim game of Panini keep or swap is this.

I imagine the budget will be small, so its what's left after allocating funds to those already contracted in 2022.

Make Conor Mac a sensible offer, keep DKD given his rate of progress.

Dylan Fage has something, not sure of his best position, but has pace to burn of course.

So the controversial keep is CBJ, if he still wants to be a footballer and will accept basement L2 wages.

Ian Lawlor, working hard, pen saves were great, has been brave, now making more effort to catch, not flap. If available, worth a conversation.

Remember that we need to put out 11 each match and have subs and injury cover.

It's all well and good getting rid of practically everyone, if you can get in replacements who are better.  That's a big if, given recruitment recently.

The pre-season before Robinson where we had about four players a week before the first match was a big start to our decline.  We had to rush to fill the squad with bodies, and we've barely had any strategy to recruitment since.

Knowing us, we'll bin off all bar two defenders and recruit five wingers.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Should probably retire and take up Athletics...

Harsh Lee?

He appears to be following instruction, playing with his head up and doesn't hide.

The occasions where he chooses to dribble across our box rather than find a blue shirt are costly though.

Cant argue with your assessment of his ability but just recognise he is trying.

3 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Harsh Lee?

He appears to be following instruction, playing with his head up and doesn't hide.

The occasions where he chooses to dribble across our box rather than find a blue shirt are costly though.

Cant argue with your assessment of his ability but just recognise he is trying.

Yes he is very trying, he seems not to have the ability to spot danger and track back, lets too many players walk round the back of him without spotting their movement and gets caught out of position too often. He needs a reality check and a good harsh word. 

3 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Yes he is very trying, he seems not to have the ability to spot danger and track back, lets too many players walk round the back of him without spotting their movement and gets caught out of position too often. He needs a reality check and a good harsh word. 

There are a few in the squad who do have good technical abilities but, for whatever reason, seem to switch off/lose concentration. I’d like to see both Piergianni and Adams being more vocal on the pitch.

Borthwick-Jackson (where he?), Fage, Badan and Hilssner are the main culprits. In Hilssner’s case he still looks overweight to me or he is carrying a niggling injury. Either way there could be so much more to come from him.

I prescribe ‘Spatial Awareness’ training all round. 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bristolatic said:

If you take out those we have no idea about,  (no doubt will be signed up) and I disagree (rare) about Fage he frustrates me. Hilssner has some attributes like set pieces and breaks up play, but he's very inconsistent the basic team could be very similar to this year.

1. Ian Lawlor (season loan from Doncaster Rovers) Could be worth signing if his last two or three games are anything to go by
(33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus optionNot seen enough of him to make a decision)

11. Bobby Grant (full-season loan from Wrexham) I think he might be here next season. Probably worth having
19. Zak Dearnley (2022Sort out his injury problems over the summer and there's a real player in there

42 minutes ago, singe said:

If you take out those we have no idea about,  (no doubt will be signed up) and I disagree (rare) about Fage he frustrates me. Hilssner has some attributes like set pieces and breaks up play, but he's very inconsistent the basic team could be very similar to this year.

(33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus optionNot seen enough of him to make a decision)

Pretty much where I am, think blackwood is worth a risk

1 hour ago, singe said:

Agree with most of that but I think a fit Hilssner would be too good for this division, Jambutty is a total waste of oxygen, Fage is quick but that's all, I was quicker at his age but I couldn't play football at this level either.

2 hours ago, singe said:

If we can keep that lot together for next season, I'd expect alot more because by now, they should all have a far better understanding 

Still, can't legislate for what the owners or Manager might have in mind 

• Matt featured this topic

It’s absolutely imperative we get McAleny to sign up, he’s regularly scored goals in a shite side that’s never been the same 11 from 1 week to the next. Imagine what he could do if he was part of a settled team. We’ve potentially got next seasons league top scorer and should really push the boat out to get him signed up!!

With Bahamboula, DKD, and hopefully Dearnley we’ve got goals right through the side. With the addition of an experienced CF (horses for courses type) and we’d be sorted.

Curle has shown in the short time he’s been here that he’s capable of getting his views across to the players and organising a good team shape. For all the talk of him being a bit negative with his team selections yesterday’s performance should really have produced a goal or two at least where our midfielders dominated the game for long periods and we looked as good as ever going forward.

We've finally got a proven manager with a proven track record and getting him to sign a contract and giving him a transfer window or two is an absolute no brainer.

If he walks in May and we bring in yet another rookie/no mark coach that’ll definitely be me finished until AL and Co have finally fucked off!

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s absolutely imperative we get McAleny to sign up, he’s regularly scored goals in a shite side that’s never been the same 11 from 1 week to the next. Imagine what he could do if he was part of a settled team. We’ve potentially got next seasons league top scorer and should really push the boat out to get him signed up!!

With Bahamboula, DKD, and hopefully Dearnley we’ve got goals right through the side. With the addition of an experienced CF (horses for courses type) and we’d be sorted.

Curle has shown in the short time he’s been here that he’s capable of getting his views across to the players and organising a good team shape. For all the talk of him being a bit negative with his team selections yesterday’s performance should really have produced a goal or two at least where our midfielders dominated the game for long periods and we looked as good as ever going forward.

We've finally got a proven manager with a proven track record and getting him to sign a contract and giving him a transfer window or two is an absolute no brainer.

If he walks in May and we bring in yet another rookie/no mark coach that’ll definitely be me finished until AL and Co have finally fucked off!

Curle is yet to win a game in what is a shite league. Why are we praising him. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Curle is yet to win a game in what is a shite league. Why are we praising him. 

Because he seems to have organised our previously disorganised defensive rabble ?

He's putting the groundwork down for next season, preaching the basics necessary to push towards the top of the table ?

We're a bit desperate for a bit of success so are looking for any positives ?

Take your pick. 

Archived