Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Wasn't over-impressed with him in previous matches, would sooner have Saul Milovanovic ( who hasn't played in the last couple ) but if Diarra plays like he did first half yesterday (and keeps his nose clean!) maybe we don't need either.

If he hasn't played, he's probably been let go; or injured.

49 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Not seen any of the trialists this summer but I wouldn't have thought Furman would have played yesterday if this referred to him...

That was my thinking too.  Whereas Tom Whelan seems to have disappeared, and should have been fairly cheap given his pedigree.

To be honest we can’t complain about squad strengthening when we’re set to starve the club of income.

As far as football goes, I’ve already written this season off.

Short term pain for long term gain hopefully!

29 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

To be honest we can’t complain about squad strengthening when we’re set to starve the club of income.

As far as football goes, I’ve already written this season off.

Short term pain for long term gain hopefully!

It would be interesting to know exactly how many will join the home game boycott this season 🤔

I cant help but feel Blitz is also part of the problem . I dont think starving the team of support will help matters other than harming the club not the individuals. I just want a reliable honest owner worthy of our club who ever it is.

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It would be interesting to know exactly how many will join the home game boycott this season 🤔

Well never know. Drifting away through loss of interest isn't the same as boycotting. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well never know. Drifting away through loss of interest isn't the same as boycotting. 

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

"Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Whatever the reason, it is sad to see the steady erosion of a once proud fan base. 
My only hope is that a change is going to come before it is too late to recover the numbers. My fear is that some may be lost forever.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Whatever the reason, it is sad to see the steady erosion of a once proud fan base. 
My only hope is that a change is going to come before it is too late to recover the numbers. My fear is that some may be lost forever.

Yes, we are a basket case. 

But any football club exits to try and win- and the fact we have had nothing to celebrate for nearly 30 years is lost on a lot of people. Despite all the shit- If we went up next season, there would be uplift in season tickets sales- ‘boycott’ or not. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Yes, we are a basket case. 

But any football club exits to try and win- and the fact we have had nothing to celebrate for nearly 30 years is lost on a lot of people. Despite all the shit- If we went up next season, there would be uplift in season tickets sales- ‘boycott’ or not. 

The only way we go up is if they star running the club properly in which case there'd be no need for a boycott 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

The only way we go up is if they star running the club properly in which case there'd be no need for a boycott 

Not necessarily, they could get lucky on the pitch with a group that gel, while continuing to keep the north stand shut, and treating staff and fans like mugs. 

Watch how quickly the off field stuff would go away though if the above happened. Or notice how quiet this board goes when we win a couple on the bounce.  Fans are fickle, and results are the ultimate arbiter. 

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not necessarily, they could get lucky on the pitch with a group that gel, while continuing to keep the north stand shut, and treating staff and fans like mugs. 

No an odds on shot! 😁 

Sheehan play as a LCB now? He still got long hair? Love a long haired, left footed, hard tackling player me.

Made my feelings on Hart public after seeing him play for 5mins, but he is a bit too commercial for me tho after last nite.

And l don't think he takes free kicks.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Sheehan play as a LCB now? He still got long hair? Love a long haired, left footed, hard tackling player me.

Made my feelings on Hart public after seeing him play for 5mins, but he is a bit too commercial for me tho after last nite.

And l don't think he takes free kicks.

I was impressed with Hart last night he looked good down that flank, and Adams ball for Harts goal was superb,I've been critical of Nickys delivery but not last night, makings of decent side and yes we looked organised and quite creative going froward. Interested to see how young Harry does aswell very impressed with his  ball control and how quick he wants to get forward 

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Surely we need a few more in before the first game ? We seem very light 

Very definitely- two loanees plus two or three of the trialists I reckon…

The big question is whether Bahamboula will still be with us come 7 August 🤞

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Very definitely- two loanees plus two or three of the trialists I reckon…

The big question is whether Bahamboula will still be with us come 7 August 🤞

I expected him to be off and there's stil a big chance of that, but I also think if anything was in the pipeline then we would hav had money coming in to then offer Furman a better deal

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Genius. Love this. "I liked him more before he was famous."

Archived