Playing Squad - Summer 21

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I expected him to be off and there's stil a big chance of that, but I also think if anything was in the pipeline then we would hav had money coming in to then offer Furman a better deal

Furman couldn't catch the team at Carlisle last season. Why would he be any better here. He has been playing for a contract. Surely their are better and younger midfielders around still.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Furman couldn't catch the team at Carlisle last season. Why would he be any better here. He has been playing for a contract. Surely their are better and younger midfielders around still.

Their probably are but we don't appear to be making any moves to bring any of them in.

If we can't afford a past his peak but potentially still has something to offer someone Dean Furman then surely its only a matter of time before administration happens which will be painful but it appears its looking like the only way the Lemsagams will leave.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their probably are but we don't appear to be making any moves to bring any of them in.

If we can't afford a past his peak but potentially still has something to offer someone Dean Furman then surely its only a matter of time before administration happens which will be painful but it appears its looking like the only way the Lemsagams will leave.

Perhaps they feel that Furman isn't worth the money his agent wants for him.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or he and his agent just thought he was worth more than Curle did

33 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Perhaps they feel that Furman isn't worth the money his agent wants for him.

33 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Or he and his agent just thought he was worth more than Curle did

We appear to be leaving it abit late to get a midfield together the squad overall looks well short of quality to me and we are 10 days out from the first game of the season.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

We appear to be leaving it abit late to get a midfield together the squad overall looks well short of quality to me and we are 10 days out from the first game of the season.

Fully understand what you are saying but if Furmans demands were too much then I dont blame them for saying goodbye.

Lets hope Curle has other plans 

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Fully understand what you are saying but if Furmans demands were too much then I dont blame them for saying goodbye.

Lets hope Curle has other plans 

Does this mean we used to be able to afford him, but now we can’t?

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nothing new really - we signed our only decent midfielder last season when the season was three games old...

9 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Bound to have our customary first day of season defeat, every season we lose first game and 2nd !!!!

Only happened in 6 of the last 20 seasons (if you're looking at league games)

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Only happened in 6 of the last 20 seasons

How many have we won in the last 20? Off the top of my head I can think of one which is Stevenage in 2013 where Montano scored that worldie and Baxter grabbed a brace.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How many have we won in the last 20? Off the top of my head I can think of one which is Stevenage in 2013 where Montano scored that worldie and Baxter grabbed a brace.

Don't know about the full 20 but a quick run through Wikipedia shows that was the last time we won our opening game back in 2013 😮 

Before that was Tranmere 2-1 in 2010 - Dickov's first game in charge and the emergence of Dale Stephens 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Is it Badan and Diarra ? 

Not unless Badan’s had a surprising change of ethnicity…

I was also going by squad number – Badan’s been 20 and Diarra 4 in PSFs, which are a reasonable indicator of final numbers (if not nailed down).

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Not unless Badan’s had a surprising change of ethnicity…

I was also going by squad number – Badan’s been 20 and Diarra 4 in PSFs, which are a reasonable indicator of final numbers (if not nailed down).

It's certainly not Dearnley either. No.19 looks quite young.

Archived