Playing Squad - Summer 21

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

He'll do that within 5 minutes of his debut. Once of the worst I have ever seen at the club, made even worse by the fact he played most weeks...

Too true.

And for all the times we heard "he's a goal threat" every week, he scored as many as Jameson.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Bradford fans were pretty much unanimous that he isn't up to league football after his spell with them last year.

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/austin-samuels-returns-to-wolves.4638/

Played against us in the FA Cup last season and was noticeably poor.

Lots to prove here.

He was shocking, but he is very young. Hopefully he'll be that bit more mature.

Could not understand the criticism aimed by a few at Clarke. He was 19, playing first team football for the first time, a long way from home and yet he gave us 100% every week. Yes, young players make mistakes/have bad games, but it's part of their learning process.

32 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Could not understand the criticism aimed by a few at Clarke. He was 19, playing first team football for the first time, a long way from home and yet he gave us 100% every week. Yes, young players make mistakes/have bad games, but it's part of their learning process.

Clarke was by far and away our best defender last season. He was exposed because he had poor players around him. 

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Clarke was by far and away our best defender last season. He was exposed because he had poor players around him. 

First half of season yes I agree. Second half he was very poor. Gave the ball away far too many times in close range of the goal and a lot of his marked players got on the end of crosses etc to score. He will become a class player tho in time

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

39 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

First half of season yes I agree. Second half he was very poor. Gave the ball away far too many times in close range of the goal and a lot of his marked players got on the end of crosses etc to score. He will become a class player tho in time

I can’t remember the opposition but Clarke managed a pass to the other team under Curle that even Garrity struggled to live up to 

27 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I can’t remember the opposition but Clarke managed a pass to the other team under Curle that even Garrity struggled to live up to 

Defenders aren't marked on their passing though. Their bread and butter is defending and he wasn't very good second half of the season

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I can forgive a 19 year old making mistakes, when he is playing nearly week and has poor players around him. Thought for his age and lack of first team football he acquitted himself really well. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can forgive a 19 year old making mistakes, when he is playing nearly week and has poor players around him. Thought for his age and lack of first team football he acquitted himself really well. 

Oh I get yeah and he wasn’t the worst in our defence by a long way but he still played a massive role in a defence that conceded the most goals in the league 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Oh I get yeah and he wasn’t the worst in our defence by a long way but he still played a massive role in a defence that conceded the most goals in the league 

Yep, he can’t be absolved of responsibility when you concede that many. I saw enough though to suggest he’ll have a decent career. Probably do him the world of good, because he’ll be hard pressed to play with such poor players again,  and under a manager who attitude to defending was ‘everyone concedes goals’ 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, he can’t be absolved of responsibility when you concede that many. I saw enough though to suggest he’ll have a decent career. Probably do him the world of good, because he’ll be hard pressed to play with such poor players again,  and under a manager who attitude to defending was ‘everyone concedes goals’ 

Last sentence sums it up for me - I don’t care how many we scored (it was great) but having a manager openly saying that (as well as the Morecambe performance being excellent- will never let that go) and people were sad the fraud who won a champions league by being no where near the ball getting sacked  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Especially considering he had a such a lightweight and inexperienced midfield ahead of him. The defence got a lot of stick last season, not always unfairly, but they were constantly under pressure as teams would just dance through our midfield. I'm sure Clarke will go on to be a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Especially considering he had a such a lightweight and inexperienced midfield ahead of him. The defence got a lot of stick last season, not always unfairly, but they were constantly under pressure as teams would just dance through our midfield. I'm sure Clarke will go on to be a very good player. 

Spot on 

15 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

Did you not hope for better from an Arsenal player, who they seem to want to hang onto,  playing against 4th Division fodder though? 

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Did you not hope for better from an Arsenal player, who they seem to want to hang onto,  playing against 4th Division fodder though? 

Personally, i thought he might be a PL ponce who would get battered by fourth division strikers, but he stood up to it really well. However, he wasn't a cultured ball playing CB. More in the Adams, Bould and Keown tradition.

38 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Did he say which keeper will be first choice?

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Personally, i thought he might be a PL ponce who would get battered by fourth division strikers, but he stood up to it really well. However, he wasn't a cultured ball playing CB. More in the Adams, Bould and Keown tradition.

What he said. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Corned Beef just told us we have signed the lad from Spurs, the keeper from Kilmarnock and Jack Stobbs...

Jack stobbs is comin from failing at Kilmarnock and port vale and ending up playing in northern Ireland which is mostly part timers. Not thrilled at all. Other 2 are unknowns. Disappointing to say the least because I wanted to see ppl come in that we know are better than what we've got

16 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Jack stobbs is comin from failing at Kilmarnock and port vale and ending up playing in northern Ireland which is mostly part timers. Not thrilled at all. Other 2 are unknowns. Disappointing to say the least because I wanted to see ppl come in that we know are better than what we've got

Your man Stobbs has had some issues apparently which meant he has dropped down the divisions. Suspect Leutweiler will be number 1. Two of Sutton/Da Silva/Vaughan/Luamba going out on loan this week (can't see it being Vaughan)...

Archived