24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Proves we have a VERY poor defence. Your second point is a bit of a stretch. 

Yes I'll take that but we'll also be struggling to score from open play if he doesn't play Bamboozler when available. When he doesn't play the others don't get freed up or find space and now we don't have a Rowe type player we have no one to hold up the play either. He says that Bamboozler has a lack of defensive qualities, so pray tell Mr Curly Keith what do Garrity, Whelan, McCalmont and DKD offer in that department and some of our bloody defenders can't even defend.

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have two issues.  Half of the squad isn't good enough, and the rest are worse

Harsh Lee?   He appears to be following instruction, playing with his head up and doesn't hide. The occasions where he chooses to dribble across our box rather than find a blue shirt ar

Picking up the baton from Crusoe. Will keep post 1 updated...   1. Ian Lawlor (season loan from Doncaster Rovers) 13. Gary Woods (2021) - (full-season loan to Aberdeen) 33. Laurence Bilb

49 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Yes I'll take that but we'll also be struggling to score from open play if he doesn't play Bamboozler when available. When he doesn't play the others don't get freed up or find space and now we don't have a Rowe type player we have no one to hold up the play either. He says that Bamboozler has a lack of defensive qualities, so pray tell Mr Curly Keith what do Garrity, Whelan, McCalmont and DKD offer in that department and some of our bloody defenders can't even defend.

So, if you were manager, which 4 players from our vastly talented squad would you replace them with?

Just now, oafc1955 said:

So, if you were manager, which 4 players from our vastly talented squad would you replace them with?

Sorry to upset you but we don't have a vastly talented squad and I didn't say that I would replace them (although I would if given the money and knowing who would be available) I was making the point that Bamboozler is being criticised for something that others are also guilty of.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Missing the point! No one in that team can defend, so don't drop the only decent outlet we have for players with no skill or defending ability !!!! What bam brings is more than any defence, attack is the best form of defence 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Sorry to upset you but we don't have a vastly talented squad and I didn't say that I would replace them (although I would if given the money and knowing who would be available) I was making the point that Bamboozler is being criticised for something that others are also guilty of.

Fair enough...I agree and would play Bahamboula every game but not necessarily from the start.

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Fair enough...I agree and would play Bahamboula every game but not necessarily from the start.

I believe that you should always start with your strongest team available and get your nose in front first. I'm not a great believer in bringing on your 'impact' player/s later on in the game, it probably means you are chasing the game and it may be too late by then. Substitutions should only be made for injuries, tactical, or changing formation, fatigue should not come into question as they should all be fit to be selected in the first instance. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Nonsense 

We're crap and need to use the only serviceable weapon in our minimalist armoury 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Nonsense 

We're crap and need to use the only serviceable weapon in our minimalist armoury 

Oh I don't know, I've got AL and MO down as absolute Grade A weapons. 

On 3/30/2021 at 2:31 PM, Dave_Og said:

False number 9 has been a legitimate and successful tactic for Barcelona and Arsenal.  For us it doesn't merit that description; it's just desperation.

I'm not having that. Urko Vera was the greatest false 9 I've ever seen live. He was so good, whatever position he played deserved the adjective.