Playing Squad - Summer 21

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Tough crowd!!! I know they don't tend to be here longer than 12 months but however shit I do take an interest in any signings we make 😂.

Kudos to you for recognising them, and taking an interest, I'm finding it hard to muster any enthusiasm for the club and team at the moment. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Sheehan gone

"The news will come as a blow to the squad, with Sheehan a popular figure among the players."

"He has been credited with mentoring Benny Couto and assisting the youngster's breakthrough into the first team squad this season, while he has also been a positive influence on left back Sam Hart as he was nursed back to full fitness following a serious hamstring injury."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Does playing Turner last night mean he counts as one of our squad for embargo purposes? Asking for a friend.

Can Clubs register their academy players if the Club is under Embargo?

• Clubs can continue to register Academy Players, Scholars and non First-Team Players
  • Clubs can also upgrade Scholars and Academy Players to their First Professional Contract, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Does playing Turner last night mean he counts as one of our squad for embargo purposes? Asking for a friend.

I have a vague idea that competition doesn't count.  If it does it's either an almighty cock up or confirmation that we won't be getting anyone new unless the loan is paid up.  On past form I'll go with the cock up theory.

While Mo's possibly looking in the French 5th division, Scunthorpe take a young prospect centre forward on loan from a club not too far away from us.

Looks a well built lad too, able to cope in this division.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19823869.blackburn-rovers-striker-sam-burns-league-two-loan-switch/

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I have a vague idea that competition doesn't count.  If it does it's either an almighty cock up or confirmation that we won't be getting anyone new unless the loan is paid up.  On past form I'll go with the cock up theory.

The competition doesn’t count - only league and the two main cups 👍

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

While Mo's possibly looking in the French 5th division, Scunthorpe take a young prospect centre forward on loan from a club not too far away from us.

Looks a well built lad too, able to cope in this division.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19823869.blackburn-rovers-striker-sam-burns-league-two-loan-switch/

But then lose Loft...

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19821092.york-city-loanee-mark-beck-returns-harrogate-town/

I’ve seen Beck play a couple of times for York and thought he could be someone who would benefit us. Not prolific but wins most in the air, lots of knock downs , and is one of those “angular “ tall lads who cause problems. It seems Harrogate wanted him back but maybe by the end of Jan they might let him out on loan again. 

But by then we’ll have signed a goal hungry striker …..

38 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

But then lose Loft...

It was the other way round by I think … Scunthorpe sold Loft to Bristol Rovers and then three hours later brought in Burns on loan.

Its called ‘succession planning’ I think 🤔 

It also means that he will return to BP on Feb 8 to, using the current terminology , “tear us a new one” again 😱

55 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19821092.york-city-loanee-mark-beck-returns-harrogate-town/

I’ve seen Beck play a couple of times for York and thought he could be someone who would benefit us. Not prolific but wins most in the air, lots of knock downs , and is one of those “angular “ tall lads who cause problems. It seems Harrogate wanted him back but maybe by the end of Jan they might let him out on loan again. 

But by then we’ll have signed a goal hungry striker …..

Beck is very good in the air and ideal for Adams crosses, the sort of centre forward we should have signed at the start of the season.

But Mo is more interested in Urko Vera types.

Never heard of him mentioned before and considering he’s been at the club for about 10 yrs you would think there would be a little bit of info about him on the web site player profile but I can’t find anything!!

58 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Bowden's full season loan turns into a half season one. Expect to see him tearing it up at a footballing giant like Sutton any time soon.

We were only allowed to have him for half a season anyway.

Wouldn't be completely surprised to see Bowden play at a higher level.  As much as I was slating him a minute before he scored at Exeter, it showed the quality he possesses.  But he really should've been putting himself about more and taking games by the scruff of the neck.  If he was our player I'd be happy to see how he progressed over 18 months with us, but a player who's more appropriate to a League Two relegation scrap is what we need in the short term.

Of course that assumes that we'll actually bring someone in.  Which is highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Bowden's full season loan turns into a half season one. Expect to see him tearing it up at a footballing giant like Sutton any time soon.

Probably to remove him from what has quickly become a toxic club to be involved with and playing for.

Archived