Playing Squad - Summer 21

52 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I've said this a few times and had a bit of stick for it, but I'd happily get rid of anyone who has played a part in this shambolic season, with the obvious exception of Bahamboula...

So would I but we all know we will get another load of crap from whichever agent Mo is chummy with next.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GlossopLatic said:

So would I but we all know we will get another load of crap from whichever agent Mo is chummy with next.

I honestly don't think he was as involved with signings during Kewell's reign as he has been previously...

19 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I hope that continues if Curle is in charge for next season.

The problem is, no one really knows for sure who is recruiting the players either in part or whole. The club is so poor on the communication front, it's like they have a code of silence akin to mafia proportions. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I've said this a few times and had a bit of stick for it, but I'd happily get rid of anyone who has played a part in this shambolic season, with the obvious exception of Bahamboula...

It's no worse than the season before 

40 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The problem is, no one really knows for sure who is recruiting the players either in part or whole. The club is so poor on the communication front, it's like they have a code of silence akin to mafia proportions. 

I mean I agree, but those proportions indicate an amount of organisation.  Not convinced we have that.

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd say it's been better than last season. We've scored the most goals in the division and at times been quite entertaining.

At other times we've been woeful, and it's never a good season when you're 18th in League Two. But it's been better than I feared it might be... 

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I mean I agree, but those proportions indicate an amount of organisation.  Not convinced we have that.

TBF the club have announced that the Italian defender Omerta is signing for next season. 

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'd say it's been better than last season. We've scored the most goals in the division and at times been quite entertaining.

At other times we've been woeful, and it's never a good season when you're 18th in League Two. But it's been better than I feared it might be... 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

We finished 19th last season We are currently 18th with 1 game to go. The very best we can do from here is finish 15th the worst is 19th.

Its not worse but its not a real improvement.

Their is certainly nothing to hang our hat on that suggests next season will be better.

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

Ripley had a great season here behind Clarke, but seems to have gone downhill since. His time at Bury was poor, and he hasn't done well at PNE. Hence his demotion.

He seemed to have put weight on when I saw him playing at Bury.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We finished 19th last season We are currently 18th with 1 game to go. The very best we can do from here is finish 15th the worst is 19th.

Its not worse but its not a real improvement.

Their is certainly nothing to hang our hat on that suggests next season will be better.

Don't disagree with that - we're still not very good and our league position reflects that. But I've enjoyed the football more this season than last. I'd enjoy it even more if we weren't 18th, though. 

Also concur that I've seen nothing to suggest next season will be any different. Still think we're more likely to go down than up. 

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yeah, I'd have got rid of all of them too. People bang on about continuity and stability, but if players are performing as badly as they have over the last two years, then I have no problem with another summer of a massive overhaul. 15 out and 15 in would do for me...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yeah, I'd have got rid of all of them too. People bang on about continuity and stability, but if players are performing as badly as they have over the last two years, then I have no problem with another summer of a massive overhaul. 15 out and 15 in would do for me...

As long as it’s not Mo doing the recruitment!!

On 5/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, disjointed said:

TBF the club have announced that the Italian defender Omerta is signing for next season. 

I thought Roma's manager Fonseca looked like he'd escaped from Godfather II with the flat cap he was wearing at Old Trafford the other night - maybe he could be our next Director of Football.

Loanees all done...

33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus option)
30. Mackenzie Chapman (scholar)

3. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (2021)
4. Sido Jombati (2021)
5. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)
20. Andrea Badan (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)
32. Will Sutton (scholar)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)
16. Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus option)
23. Nicky Adams (2022)
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)
28. Ben Hough (scholar)
43. Reece Gaskell (scholar)
59. Jack Williams (scholar)

7. George Blackwood (2022)
18. Conor McAleny (2021)
19. Zak Dearnley (2022)
26. Marcus Barnes (2021)
27. Vani Da Silva (scholar)
29. Junior Luamba (scholar)

34. Harry Vaughan (scholar)

14 minutes ago, johnboy said:

mo was involved in the recruitment.however kewell made it claer that always had the final say.

Yeah, he'd have just been a stooge if he didn't. No man serious about continuing his career in management would agree to that, would he?

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Yeah, he'd have just been a stooge if he didn't. No man serious about continuing his career in management would agree to that, would he?

Kewell is a multi-millionaire. He would have nothing to gain by being a stooge. I do genuinely believe Kewell made most of the signings, another sign of his incompetence...

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Loanees all done...

33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus option)
30. Mackenzie Chapman (scholar)

3. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (2021)
4. Sido Jombati (2021)
5. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)
20. Andrea Badan (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)
32. Will Sutton (scholar)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)
16. Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus option)
23. Nicky Adams (2022)
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)
28. Ben Hough (scholar)
43. Reece Gaskell (scholar)
59. Jack Williams (scholar)

7. George Blackwood (2022)
18. Conor McAleny (2021)
19. Zak Dearnley (2022)
26. Marcus Barnes (2021)
27. Vani Da Silva (scholar)
29. Junior Luamba (scholar)

34. Harry Vaughan (scholar)

That defence signed up for next season :huh:

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I’d get rid of Jameson diarra and Baden  out of that defence  signed up for next year simply not good enough 

What would it cost to do that?

Archived