MATCH: vs Bradford City (A) 20/03/21

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky boy there the Bradford defender. Cynical tackle, but had to be made with DKD through on goal. Just about right with a yellow i’d say, possibly a bradford defender covering.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Denying a goal scoring opp? Red?

I reckon it was a close call. Possibly a Bradford defender covering perhaps? Also it may have been a heavy touch?

Just now, daniel said:

Lucky boy there the Bradford defender. Cynical tackle, but had to be made with DKD through on goal. Just about right with a yellow i’d say, possibly a bradford defender covering.

I thought that, but the replay showed he was through.

We had the better of that. 

Whelan and McAleny better than previous matches.  We look a lot better at the back with Jameson and Clarke than Diarra and Badan, but that's no surprise.

I still think Walker looks like a liability though, and I don't understand why we are wasting Adams and his crosses on the left wing.  Surely he'd be better used on the right with Fage or Badan on the left?

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know results haven’t been great, but performances are getting better under Curle. 

Agreed, there is more shape and organisation in the side.

Had to address the appalling defensive issues, this is better but we have lost much of the creativity.

KC is working with the squad provided, but not selecting Dylan B is still troubling.

Harry Clarke looks much better today, seems brighter and not lumbering about as before, great to see.

Whelan continues to play with confidence, head up and passing to blue shirts.

Conor Mac overdue a goal, working very hard.

Credit to Dylan Fage, doing well, final ball needs work.

Enjoyable game. Some great passing. Hillsner hasn't been great on the ball last few games. He carrying a knock? Pierrgianni solid. Defence doin well. Fage really comin on now. Dkd is non stop running! Bahamboula for hilsner and we could walk this. Also really impressed with whelan. His passing and speed of play has massively improved and everytime he gets the ball he looks to turn to face their end

Didn't manage to start watching until 20 minutes in. Heard the Bradford commentary team say that they were struggling to break down Oldham's defensive structure. Bloody hell, didnt know we had one of those. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Pitch is crap, hindering us more than them at the moment. And the obsession with playing the ball across the 6 yard box from a goal kick every time has to stop, sometimes it's better to just lump it.

Lump it and we lose it. The best passages of play we've had is from short goal kicks and playing through the thirds whist their team is high up

Archived