MATCH: vs Bradford City (A) 20/03/21

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

O'Donnell has had a decent game at the other end. 

I'm really getting old. I can't for the life of me remember him being on loan to us.

It must have been about 10 or 12 years ago. I remember he was only a young kid. I think he only played about 4 or 5 games for us.

A target man badly needed after that. Played well. Formation worked. Seem to have finally found a foundation to build on. KC completely different tactics to HK. Wasn’t boring to watch, but definitely more of a defensive structure from KC. 

53 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Give it to Pidge and we lose it as well! I'm not saying lump it every time, but when their forwards are stood on the edge of our box we're inviting trouble, which leads to our defenders blindly lumping it anyway. Football isn't black and white, sometimes you have to give up on this 'playing out from the back' obsession.

I dont think we lost it once from the goal kick goin to pierrgianni in the whole game....

Would have been criminal to lose that at the very end.We completely  outclassed Bradford all the game and our midfield  superb with Whelan motm.

Defence  solid with Piers winning lots of headers.

Best game I've seen for a while albeit goalless. 

Lots of positives to take from this game into the rest of the season.

Bet Bradford are glad to see the back of us for a while.

Nothing dysfunctional about that display, every player knew his job, just that cutting edge missing.

Whelan my man of the match with some excellent distribution, he really looks to have come of age now.

Enjoyed that, should have taken three points.

Pidge is one step closer to club legend status, he had their number 28 in his pocket.

Callum Whelan very good indeed, so pleased to see him playing with confidence.

Unlucky Dylan Fage, played great, final ball not there, didnt stop running, always looking to receive the ball.

KC can be congratulated for improving the performances, bringing Dylan on did give us more threat.

Happy to see Harry Clarke back, the back five probably picks itself now, although I would choose CBJ over the improving Andrea Badan for now.

Conor Mac, the goals will come, hopefully plenty more in a blue shirt.

Two points dropped.

Piergianni and Whelan our best. Defence looked much better with our first choices back.  

Very strange to play Adams and Hilssner on their weaker sides for no obvious reason.  Bahamboula showed he should've started.

Walker is a disaster waiting to happen, no way he should be starting over Bilboe from what we've seen of both.

played really well. Toss up between pierrgianni and whelan for MoM. Both brilliant. Id swing towards whelan. Target man needed I agree but I dont no why people are saying it after that game? Target man would have reduced us to long balls, whereas we played very very wel today on the floor passing it through the thirds. Just unlucky that the shooting boots weren't as accurate today. On another day we couldve scored 3 or 4

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

played really well. Toss up between pierrgianni and whelan for MoM. Both brilliant. Id swing towards whelan. Target man needed I agree but I dont no why people are saying it after that game? Target man would have reduced us to long balls, whereas we played very very wel today on the floor passing it through the thirds. Just unlucky that the shooting boots weren't as accurate today. On another day we couldve scored 3 or 4

We are putting in crosses from the wings, and neither Keillor-Dunn nor McAleny ever look like getting near them.

I don't think that means we need a target man necessarily.  We need to cut balls back along the floor for them to get hold of.  

If we do want to put crosses in though, then we need someone with aerial ability.

Archived