Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the update underdog.  👍   I know this is going over old ground, but how is it possible that a recently build stand has more safety issues than the main stand and the Chaddy (the m

Why would someone who is quite clever even think about putting money into this sinking ship. 

It’s a bloody joke....there can be no more excuses as to why the stand is still closed. After over a year including a full close season it’s continued closure due to one or two fire exits and an inade

1 hour ago, underdog said:


Thanks UD - points standing out for me 

 

The Trust is well behind - PTB and the BPAS have disclosed the same information and a monthly meeting with Karl is undertaken by PTB

 

Point being - it’s for free, where is the motivation for me to pay the trust?

 

The questions are much more searching and less accepting of answers by the former groups 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update underdog.  👍

 

I know this is going over old ground, but how is it possible that a recently build stand has more safety issues than the main stand and the Chaddy (the main stand especially)?

 

Karl saying that it'll "ideally" be resolved by the start of next season.  I genuinely don't understand why that can't be a minimum requirement.  The club have been extremely lucky on this front that fans haven't been allowed in for a year, but there's over 4 months to sort it out from now as well.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, underdog said:

 

 

North Stand / Joe Royle Stand

 

 

Trust: We asked if the issues were safety related 

 

Karl explained there were a number of 'maintenance issues' raised under SAG assessment but we not unsolvable

 

For goodness sake !!

 

A local authority does not prohibit the use of a stand to spectators at a local football club for a few 'maintenance issues'

 

The Oldham Times headline in January 2020 was LATICS NORTH STAND CLOSED OVER SAFETY FEARS

 

No matter how many times I look at that headline I really cant see Latics North Stand closed over a few maintenance issues

 

The article actually states: "was sealed off after an inspection by Oldham Council over ineffective fire exits and CCTV" which translates to 'the safe exit of our supporters from the stand should there be an incident could not be assured'

 

You would think the safety and comfort of our supporters would be pretty high up on the 'jobs to do' list of the CEO and Owner

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tGWB said:

 

Trust: We asked if the issues were safety related 

 

Karl explained there were a number of 'maintenance issues' raised under SAG assessment but we not unsolvable

 

The article actually states: "was sealed off after an inspection by Oldham Council over ineffective fire exits and CCTV" which translates to 'the safe exit of our supporters from the stand should there be an incident could not be assured'

 


https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/18193114.amp/

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a bloody joke....there can be no more excuses as to why the stand is still closed. After over a year including a full close season it’s continued closure due to one or two fire exits and an inadequate CCTV system doesn’t wash any more.....get the fucker open FFS!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Thanks UD - points standing out for me 

 

The Trust is well behind - PTB and the BPAS have disclosed the same information and a monthly meeting with Karl is undertaken by PTB

 

Point being - it’s for free, where is the motivation for me to pay the trust?

 

The questions are much more searching and less accepting of answers by the former groups 

Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a bloody joke....there can be no more excuses as to why the stand is still closed. After over a year including a full close season it’s continued closure due to one or two fire exits and an inadequate CCTV system doesn’t wash any more.....get the fucker open FFS!!!

The stand...and I use the term loosely...was more effective when it was just three piles of sand there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The stand...and I use the term loosely...was more effective when it was just three piles of sand there.


Is that now or when it was open? 
 

I did hospitality in there during the latter and thought it was superb from start to finish (ignoring the football and result)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Is that now or when it was open? 
 

I did hospitality in there during the latter and thought it was superb from start to finish (ignoring the football and result)

I am saying current status, Chaddy.

Honestly, I was genuinely pleased that the new stand actually came to fruition and yes, even thought it looked good. I am just so, so disillusioned with the club at the moment, not to mention quite angry. It's like I have had part of my life experience torn away by someone who I have no affiliation to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wardie said:

I am saying current status, Chaddy.

Honestly, I was genuinely pleased that the new stand actually came to fruition and yes, even thought it looked good. I am just so, so disillusioned with the club at the moment, not to mention quite angry. It's like I have had part of my life experience torn away by someone who I have no affiliation to.


Ironically the day I was in there was AL’s official unveiling so the start of the demise 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Ironically the day I was in there was AL’s official unveiling so the start of the demise 

That is irony of the highest level. :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:
  • Rent: Has been paid up to December 2020.

Given the current owners it's difficult to tell whether this is accurate or a typo on the date.

I asked the question to Karl about rent. That was his response, paid up to December 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Thanks UD - points standing out for me 

 

The Trust is well behind - PTB and the BPAS have disclosed the same information and a monthly meeting with Karl is undertaken by PTB

 

Point being - it’s for free, where is the motivation for me to pay the trust?

 

The questions are much more searching and less accepting of answers by the former groups 

First the information published by PTB differs from the information given to the Trust, even though both met the CEO within 4 working days. Having both asking questions and verifying each others work helps to keep the club on its toes.

 

Re North stand. PTB reported on the 12th of March that: "very sensible conversations have taken place with the OEC and there is a desire on both sides to get this working from an operational perspective."

 

Trust were told on the 17th March when we pressed and I mean pressed, was told that it was "email dialogue only". This was confirmed by the OEC as well.

We were also told that there was/is some safety remedial action to complete. We have request the SAG report/assessment from OMBC so we can see once and for all what the issues are, potential cost to correct. The council however, are stalling on our appeal for the information under "public interest" - so if there are any Freedom of information lawyer out there, please get in touch  Apparently as a fan it is not in your interest to know how safe you are when you attending BP..hmmmmm .Also, will help us to see what potential future costing could be indicated think rebuild of main stand and chaddy end. Hearts fundraised £3million for their new stand.

 

Pretty sure PTB reported pre xmas that the rent had not been requested by the landlord. Karl confirmed to Trust that it was paid up to December 2020. Until evidence is seen its verbal only...however having a rep on the board of OAFC with fiduciary responsibilities for the business of OAFC, should ensure evidence is seen rather than verbals.

 

We get that there is no motivation for you or others to join and we are working on it. Wednesday was suppose to be our final meeting to formalise our strategy on ensure a professional thriving football team in the borough of Oldham.

  • Contingency fund: Seeds have been planted, with the council and Oldham college on a housing scheme to generate revenue - its outside the box thinking but could ensure fan ownership is pushed beyond the glass ceiling of league one. Potentially a model for other supporter Trust too.
  • Contingency fund: Research is continuing on funding streams to help fan ownership/investment. In the budget the DCMS reported that they will be launching a scheme to help with this, there are also pre-requisition and requisition grants available if the ACV is triggered. 
  • Contingency fund: We have launched easyfundrasing at Xmas, we are looking at launching our own lottery, crowdfunding pledges (Give what you can. This came from Hearts) and leave a latics legacy in your will (Canaries Trust has this)
  • We have had a marketing company assess our set up ready for re-launch.
  • We met Hearts of midlothian supporter Trust the other week and they explained their journey from admin to fan ownership. They had to pull all the supporter factions together to support the plan and the fundraising for it. I tried to get their main supporter Ann Budge on a transfer in, but they were not having it.

But we get the message has to be right for all to buy into but we short handed too. Everyone and anyone who has an interest in OAFC we want to come along this journey together. We have a volunteer page with stuff we would like the fan base to help us with if the skillsets are there, or we will have to outsource them which will cost. We do need help many of us are wearing multiple hats, I am researching grants but I am no expert and work fulltime so I can only chip at it.

 

Lastly, We have now re-scheduled our final strategy meeting and once this has been agreed upon, we can roll the vision out on how we think fan investment/ownership can work.

 

Thanks

 

Edited by underdog
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, underdog said:

First the information published by PTB differs from the information given to the Trust, even though both met the CEO within 4 working days. Having both asking questions and verifying each others work helps to keep the club on its toes.

 

Re North stand. PTB reported on the 12th of March that: "very sensible conversations have taken place with the OEC and there is a desire on both sides to get this working from an operational perspective."

 

Trust were told on the 17th March when we pressed and I mean pressed, was told that it was "email dialogue only". This was confirmed by the OEC as well.

We were also told that there was/is some safety remedial action to complete. We have request the SAG report/assessment from OMBC so we can see once and for all what the issues are, potential cost to correct. The council however, are stalling on our appeal for the information under "public interest" - so if there are any Freedom of information lawyer out there, please get in touch  Apparently as a fan it is not in your interest to know how safe you are when you attending BP..hmmmmm .Also, will help us to see what potential future costing could be indicated think rebuild of main stand and chaddy end. Hearts fundraised £3million for their new stand.

 

Pretty sure PTB reported pre xmas that the rent had not been requested by the landlord. Karl confirmed to Trust that it was paid up to December 2020. Until evidence is seen its verbal only...however having a rep on the board of OAFC with fiduciary responsibilities for the business of OAFC, should ensure evidence is seen rather than verbals.

 

We get that there is no motivation for you or others to join and we are working on it. Wednesday was suppose to be our final meeting to formalise our strategy on ensure a professional thriving football team in the borough of Oldham.

  • Contingency fund: Seeds have been planted, with the council and Oldham college on a housing scheme to generate revenue - its outside the box thinking but could ensure fan ownership is pushed beyond the glass ceiling of league one. Potentially a model for other supporter Trust too.
  • Contingency fund: Research is continuing on funding streams to help fan ownership/investment. In the budget the DCMS reported that they will be launching a scheme to help with this, there are also pre-requisition and requisition grants available if the ACV is triggered. 
  • Contingency fund: We have launched easyfundrasing at Xmas, we are looking at launching our own lottery, crowdfunding pledges (Give what you can. This came from Hearts) and leave a latics legacy in your will (Canaries Trust has this)
  • We have had a marketing company assess our set up ready for re-launch.
  • We met Hearts of midlothian supporter Trust the other week and they explained their journey from admin to fan ownership. They had to pull all the supporter factions together to support the plan and the fundraising for it. I tried to get their main supporter Ann Budge on a transfer in, but they were not having it.

But we get the message has to be right for all to buy into but we short handed too. Everyone and anyone who has an interest in OAFC we want to come along this journey together. We have a volunteer page with stuff we would like the fan base to help us with if the skillsets are there, or we will have to outsource them which will cost. We do need help many of us are wearing multiple hats, I am researching grants but I am no expert and work fulltime so I can only chip at it.

 

Lastly, We have now re-scheduled our final strategy meeting and once this has been agreed upon, we can roll the vision out on how we think fan investment/ownership can work.

 

Thanks

 


Thanks again UD and apologies if it came as dig - it wasn’t intended as such 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Thanks for the update underdog.  👍

 

I know this is going over old ground, but how is it possible that a recently build stand has more safety issues than the main stand and the Chaddy (the main stand especially)?

 

Karl saying that it'll "ideally" be resolved by the start of next season.  I genuinely don't understand why that can't be a minimum requirement.  The club have been extremely lucky on this front that fans haven't been allowed in for a year, but there's over 4 months to sort it out from now as well.

We were surprised too. However, getting access to SAG information should give us an up to date assessment of work that needed to be completed and potential costing too. Remember that the club did say it had completed £30K worth of ground maintenance pre -xmas time

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Thanks again UD and apologies if it came as dig - it wasn’t intended as such 

Honest, I never took it as a dig, you are right to ask and I am extremely frustrated myself and others, that we are not further along. Ideally we need 12 directors and sub-committees oof volunteers working on all fronts. I have come up with the name LATICS to remember it all

 

Landlord - ACV work and our right to bid if BP became available. 6 months to raise the funds if we have not got it sourced

Academy - Relaunch of Playershare to support Muzza. "Grow our own" talent

Trust - as in community Trust and the excellent work they do

Investment -  the contingency plan. Think cost of buying the stadium, club or both

Club - as in shareholder rights and to appoint a rep to the board of OAFC

Stakeholders - everyone and anyone we want to include on this journey

 

We have been short staffed with 5 directors from Sept to Jan, 2 of the buggers decided to develop hearts and had heart attacks.....latics eh danger of killing us all hahah. We have been upto the full 7 elected since Jan.

 

Cheers

 

Forgot to add: We have had a handful of volunteers who have stepped up and been helping us so far, and providing some feedback on stuff too. We thank everyone of them because we would not have gotten this far without their help

Edited by underdog
added volunteer message
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Matt changed the title to Trust meets new CEO Karl Evans
3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics fan physicist Brian Cox was on TV today, haven't the Trust, PTB or FLG thought of contacting him about forming a consortium to take over the club?

Why would someone who is quite clever even think about putting money into this sinking ship. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics fan physicist Brian Cox was on TV today, haven't the Trust, PTB or FLG thought of contacting him about forming a consortium to take over the club?

Why on earth (or any other planet)would he?  Just because a Latics fan is famous doesn't make them a natural owner

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Why would someone who is quite clever even think about putting money into this sinking ship. 

They wouldn't. Maybe he could use some of the highly sensitive equipment available to him to detect someone with vastly more money than sense. There must be someone out of the billions and billions of people on earth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

They wouldn't. Maybe he could use some of the highly sensitive equipment available to him to detect someone with vastly more money than sense. There must be someone out of the billions and billions of people on earth. 

AL has more money than sense, its just he doesn't have a lot of money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...