Selling Star Player

With us coming up against Danny Rowe after his great performance in the Cup a few months ago got me thinking who we have lost to rivals on basis of a recent performance against them? Stainrod to QPR and Young to Leicester immediately spring to my mind

1 minute ago, petera1 said:

With us coming up against Danny Rowe after his great performance in the Cup a few months ago got me thinking who we have lost to rivals on basis of a recent performance against them? Stainrod to QPR and Young to Leicester immediately spring to my mind

Kilkenny to Leeds

Not selling a player but more letting one slip between you fingers and sign for rival. One that still bugs me to this day is letting Richie Wellens sign for Doncaster. We agreed terms to extend his contract but Doncaster offered a 50k signing on fee. We refused to make the difference up. That season Doncaster got promoted and Wellens was their player of the season.

We signed Danny Whitaker instead.

Under Shez that first time around while TTA were still interested I really think we had a shot at the Championship and Richie was key to that.

Are we classing Danny Rowe as a star player these days? Shows how shite we’ve been for years now. 
I was miffed when we got rid, but he was hardly a star player was he? He’s played less than 50 league games in his career and is over 30. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Are we classing Danny Rowe as a star player these days? Shows how shite we’ve been for years now. 
I was miffed when we got rid, but he was hardly a star player was he? He’s played less than 50 league games in his career and is over 30. 

Thought the same. 

A thread with Wellens Kilkenny and . . . Rowe. 

Christ. 

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Just the one, in a 3-0 opening day defeat in front of over 12k

It was the first goal and I can still remember him standing in front of the Chaddy grinning at us. 

1 hour ago, Andyt84 said:

It was the first goal and I can still remember him standing in front of the Chaddy grinning at us. 

I thought 'you bastard,' for a few seconds and then couldn't help but smile. What a great player and character. Personally, i thought he was a brilliant CB, i mean a class act. Very good CF, but excellent CB. Was it Marshy that had Cantona in his pocket (when he made his debut for Leeds)? I also remember his shopping trolly accident that ruled him for a few games.

3 hours ago, daniel said:

Certainly not I should have perhaps said "best" player - in comparison with the rest of the team at the time! 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I thought 'you bastard,' for a few seconds and then couldn't help but smile. What a great player and character. Personally, i thought he was a brilliant CB, i mean a class act. Very good CF, but excellent CB. Was it Marshy that had Cantona in his pocket (when he made his debut for Leeds)? I also remember his shopping trolly accident that ruled him for a few games.

I remember the chants of Marshy for England that seemed to go on for weeks.  If only Joe had left him upfront, we might have stayed up that season. 

Archived