MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 23/03/21

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Curle to start with the same eleven as Saturday?

Yep I think so, the only question mark being who plays on which wing.  Fage and Adams deserve their places but I'm not sure which side would suit either of them better.

Exeter are likely to go with a 4-4-1-1 and mostly the same side as Saturday's defeat against Tranmere, their main threat will be down the flanks with Key and Page getting forward well from full back, so Hilßner and McAleny will need to do their bit again defensively, but their biggest loss will be left winger Joel Randall who pulled up with an injury while scoring on Saturday.

I can see it being a pretty attritional game with neither side winning easily.  They've lost their last 2 games although they were tight defeats against Cheltenham and Tranmere, but the biggest issue will probably be distanced travelled having just been to Tranmere and back then coming back up north again a few days later.

I'm expecting a 1-1 draw.

Can I be the first to point out that the fact that there are only four replies in this thread and there’s just over four hours to go to kickoff just goes to reinforce how far we have fallen and how disinterested the fans are blah blah blah?

😮

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Can I be the first to point out that the fact that there are only four replies in this thread and there’s just over four hours to go to kickoff just goes to reinforce how far we have fallen and how disinterested the fans are blah blah blah?

😮

Me and you are on the same wavelength TBD. Thought exactly the same this morning...

I’m not making Karl Evans the scapegoat but since he came in things have become noticeably worse both on and off the field.

I suspected he had taken on an impossible job and he will know that himself now!

I’ll wager he’ll be the next one out of the door!

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Official team news says that Lawlor is likely to be out for the season.

Either Walker will play well enough to keep his place or, if he doesn't, Bilboe will get the chance to prove whether he's good enough or not.

That last paragraph reminds me of the late Murray Walker and his ability to state the obvious. 😂😉

37 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Official team news says that Lawlor is likely to be out for the season.

Either Walker will play well enough to keep his place or, if he doesn't, Bilboe will get the chance to prove whether he's good enough or not.

Walker looks very dodgy to me. He spills a few shots and pushes the ball into dangerous areas. Something a coach tells keepers he is coaching not to do I imagine. Bilboe hasn't done much wrong when he's played IMO.

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Walker looks very dodgy to me. He spills a few shots and pushes the ball into dangerous areas. Something a coach tells keepers he is coaching not to do I imagine. Bilboe hasn't done much wrong when he's played IMO.

The little I have seen of Bilbo I seem to recall his handling was suspect. 

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That last paragraph reminds me of the late Murray Walker and his ability to state the obvious. 😂😉

Haha yeah not my finest hour!  😄

I'm undecided on Bilboe by what I've seen of him, but it's not a great sign that we brought in a loanee who hadn't played in the EFL before rather than try him out.  Curle can't rate him highly.

34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's what stood out to me, but he's not let in any clangers as far as I remember.

But perhaps by luck there has been no opposition player nearby to knock in the dropped ball, if it is that he is a lucky keeper then he should be the regular custodian. 

Archived