Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Curle isn't given the job for next season then it's pointless bringing in him. There's no point in him sorting out the defence, setting us up in a set style, then off he goes for someone else to co

Allowing for the obvious difference to Saturday in the quality of the opposition, this evening we saw the return of too many all too familiar failings. Poor passing, inability to keep hold of the ball

There are two superfluous words at the end of your post

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Curle to start with the same eleven as Saturday?

 

Yep I think so, the only question mark being who plays on which wing.  Fage and Adams deserve their places but I'm not sure which side would suit either of them better.

 

Exeter are likely to go with a 4-4-1-1 and mostly the same side as Saturday's defeat against Tranmere, their main threat will be down the flanks with Key and Page getting forward well from full back, so Hilßner and McAleny will need to do their bit again defensively, but their biggest loss will be left winger Joel Randall who pulled up with an injury while scoring on Saturday.

 

I can see it being a pretty attritional game with neither side winning easily.  They've lost their last 2 games although they were tight defeats against Cheltenham and Tranmere, but the biggest issue will probably be distanced travelled having just been to Tranmere and back then coming back up north again a few days later.

 

I'm expecting a 1-1 draw.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I be the first to point out that the fact that there are only four replies in this thread and there’s just over four hours to go to kickoff just goes to reinforce how far we have fallen and how disinterested the fans are blah blah blah?

😮

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Can I be the first to point out that the fact that there are only four replies in this thread and there’s just over four hours to go to kickoff just goes to reinforce how far we have fallen and how disinterested the fans are blah blah blah?

😮

Me and you are on the same wavelength TBD. Thought exactly the same this morning...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not making Karl Evans the scapegoat but since he came in things have become noticeably worse both on and off the field.

I suspected he had taken on an impossible job and he will know that himself now!

I’ll wager he’ll be the next one out of the door!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official team news says that Lawlor is likely to be out for the season.

 

Either Walker will play well enough to keep his place or, if he doesn't, Bilboe will get the chance to prove whether he's good enough or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Official team news says that Lawlor is likely to be out for the season.

 

Either Walker will play well enough to keep his place or, if he doesn't, Bilboe will get the chance to prove whether he's good enough or not.

That last paragraph reminds me of the late Murray Walker and his ability to state the obvious. 😂😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Official team news says that Lawlor is likely to be out for the season.

 

Either Walker will play well enough to keep his place or, if he doesn't, Bilboe will get the chance to prove whether he's good enough or not.

Walker looks very dodgy to me. He spills a few shots and pushes the ball into dangerous areas. Something a coach tells keepers he is coaching not to do I imagine. Bilboe hasn't done much wrong when he's played IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Walker looks very dodgy to me. He spills a few shots and pushes the ball into dangerous areas. Something a coach tells keepers he is coaching not to do I imagine. Bilboe hasn't done much wrong when he's played IMO.

The little I have seen of Bilbo I seem to recall his handling was suspect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That last paragraph reminds me of the late Murray Walker and his ability to state the obvious. 😂😉

 

Haha yeah not my finest hour!  😄

 

I'm undecided on Bilboe by what I've seen of him, but it's not a great sign that we brought in a loanee who hadn't played in the EFL before rather than try him out.  Curle can't rate him highly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The little I have seen of Bilbo I seem to recall his handling was suspect. 

 

That's what stood out to me, but he's not let in any clangers as far as I remember.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

That's what stood out to me, but he's not let in any clangers as far as I remember.

But perhaps by luck there has been no opposition player nearby to knock in the dropped ball, if it is that he is a lucky keeper then he should be the regular custodian. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarke replaced by Badan is a big blow.

 

Exeter are going 3-5-1-1, so they won't be particularly expansive in attack.  I hope Adams plays on the left and give Badan as much support as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Going for a 0-0 again by the looks of it

Won't happen with this lot 

Looking at the bench who would you play instead of the starters?

 

Grant is hardly Mr Prolific 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Looking at the bench who would you play instead of the starters?

 

Grant is hardly Mr Prolific 

Not much of a hand to play there

Be happy if we come out with a point here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bender unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...