MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 23/03/21

Just now, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

Curle has a promotion with his Style. 

Kewell has never had a side in the top half with his style - in 3 attempts. 

Says it all. 

For me this club / team needs to start learning how to NOT lose before we start thinking of winning.

Foundations start by conceding few goals and being structured and disciplined. Once a manager installs this then other aspects come into play, midfielders and forwards who can keep the ball and not give up posession so easily. 

Its league two, were not going to get fantastic players at this level, but we could get clever pros who can win games and motivate each other.

KC imo can install this ethic given the chance. 

Or we just keep going around in circles for another 25 years

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I mean if he does well more than likely just go somewhere else. If he does badly, or even mediocre the supreme leaders will just give him the boot. 

Where's he going to go to exactly?  L2 is his level and there won't be many vacancies where he would be considered.

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where's he going to go to exactly?  L2 is his level and there won't be many vacancies where he would be considered.

Given the average manager employment is less than 18 months (much influenced by us) he'll get an opportunity with his record.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Given the average manager employment is less than 18 months (much influenced by us) he'll get an opportunity with his record.

His style of play rules a few out and his profile a few more. Think clubs would be seeing him more as a fire fighter mid season rather than a summer appointment.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

His style of play rules a few out and his profile a few more. Think clubs would be seeing him more as a fire fighter mid season rather than a summer appointment.

He’s just had two years in his last job, with a promotion in the middle. Think you’re doing him a disservice there. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He’s just had two years in his last job, with a promotion in the middle. Think you’re doing him a disservice there. 

What I mean is I don't necessarily think a club looking in the summer would be considering someone like him at his career stage whereas they might be mid season.

Just now, deyres42 said:

What I mean is I don't necessarily think a club looking in the summer would be considering someone like him at his career stage whereas they might be mid season.

I'd argue that he has more pedigree than Gary Bowyer, who has just gone in at Salford...

I work with a former premier league striker who knows KC......

Says he's a good manager and good at implimenting systems into teams and did a good job at a fellow league 2 club not too long ago without winning promotion.

But he says KC is not a liked manager, says hes arrogant and not a very nice man,  His words.

For me i dont care if he is liked or not if he can get this club out of this league.

Worry for me is if he will put up with the politics of our basket case. 

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I work with a former premier league striker who knows KC......

Says he's a good manager and good at implimenting systems into teams and did a good job at a fellow league 2 club not too long ago without winning promotion.

But he says KC is not a liked manager, says hes arrogant and not a very nice man,  His words.

For me i dont care if he is liked or not if he can get this club out of this league.

Worry for me is if he will put up with the politics of our basket case. 

One mans arrogance is another mans confidence. Plus it will stand him in good stead with the clowns. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

One mans arrogance is another mans confidence. Plus it will stand him in good stead with the clowns. 

I agree, hopefully he just gets on with it and ignores them,  he's good at ignoring people too lol.....

I think he's our best chance of something changing since the insane sacking of Bunn.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

Curle has a promotion with his Style. 

Kewell has never had a side in the top half with his style - in 3 attempts. 

Says it all. 

To play devil's advocate, while Curle got to the playoff final with Mansfield in his first job, he also got a relegation on his CV at Torquay in his 3rd job.

Kewell and Curle are at completely different stages of their coaching/management careers.  If we are serious about challenging for promotion then Curle is the better boss, if we are a work in progress and unable to compete for promotion budget-wise then Kewell isn't a bad boss for developing players.

Only the board knows what we can compete with...so basically no one really knows.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

To play devil's advocate, while Curle got to the playoff final with Mansfield in his first job, he also got a relegation on his CV at Torquay in his 3rd job.

Kewell and Curle are at completely different stages of their coaching/management careers.  If we are serious about challenging for promotion then Curle is the better boss, if we are a work in progress and unable to compete for promotion budget-wise then Kewell isn't a bad boss for developing players.

Only the board knows what we can compete with...so basically no one really knows.

Over thinking there Bosh. Surely every teams is target is just to finish as high as possible in the league. A manager with pedigree gives you a better chance than an unproven one. 

Curle has had multiple opportunities because he’s proved at various clubs he can finish in the top 7. Kewell has had 3 stabs at it, and couldn’t get a side even in the top half. We can pick out the relative merits of every manager but ultimately it’s a results driven business, and Curles record is vastly superior to Kewell’s. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Over thinking there Bosh. Surely every teams is target is just to finish as high as possible in the league. A manager with pedigree gives you a better chance than an unproven one. 

Curle has had multiple opportunities because he’s proved at various clubs he can finish in the top 7. Kewell has had 3 stabs at it, and couldn’t get a side even in the top half. We can pick out the relative merits of every manager but ultimately it’s a results driven business, and Curles record is vastly superior to Kewell’s. 

We will see, let's compare at the end of the season when KC has had more games working for the circus. 

I personally would like for Curle to be given the gig for next season, a part of me thinks it ain't going to happen and we will be back to square one. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

We will see, let's compare at the end of the season when KC has had more games working for the circus. 

I personally would like for Curle to be given the gig for next season, a part of me thinks it ain't going to happen and we will be back to square one. 

Compare what - Curle v Kewell? 

If Curle didn’t win another game he would still be far superior to Kewell. Their comparative records are irrefutable surely? 

28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If Curle didn’t win another game he would still be far superior to Kewell. Their comparative records are irrefutable surely? 

I meant games in charge at oldham, percentage wise of course. 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

If Curle can restore a little pride back until the end of the season, that'll do for me.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

If Curle can restore a little pride back until the end of the season, that'll do for me.

If Curle isn't given the job for next season then it's pointless bringing in him. There's no point in him sorting out the defence, setting us up in a set style, then off he goes for someone else to come in and change it again with different players foisted upon him.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

If Curle isn't given the job for next season then it's pointless bringing in him. There's no point in him sorting out the defence, setting us up in a set style, then off he goes for someone else to come in and change it again with different players foisted upon him.

Don't disagree with you. However, pointless may as well be the Lemsagam family motto.

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Agreed, if he isn’t appointed they may as well of given it to Muzza. To be honest I can’t believe that a discussion about next season hasn’t taken place. 

‘let’s do until the end of the season, and if both sides are happy we’ll sit down’

3 hours ago, Steve_R said:

This is what I am getting at. 

3 hours ago, Steve_R said:

If he achieves what I've said then it's a no brainer but there's still time for it to all go tits up and besides, once again, the owner might see things different to us.

Says it on the tin 'interim'

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If Curle does get the gig for next season, would you be behind his appointment. 

Yes, even better if it was two years. 

Am I happy he got appointed based on 14 games and only 14 games, no not at all. Better of sticking with Harry, or bringing in a similar type of manager. 

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived