😱

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Curle isn't given the job for next season then it's pointless bringing in him. There's no point in him sorting out the defence, setting us up in a set style, then off he goes for someone else to co

I think the best way to judge that is on an individual level and on a team level.   Individually there were a few very good performances (Walker, Jameson, McCalmont and, best of the lot, Pie

Have to give KC credit, to get this shower of shite to actually win a home game, well done sir. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do you not want Curle? 

I'm at a stage now where I don't want anyone and would be happy if the club ceased trading. Sure I will be reinvigorated over the summer in time for the new season...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

First 6 games under Keith Curle : 5 points, goals for 6, against 8

Last 6 games under Harry Kewell: 5 points, goals for 8, against 10

😱

Curle has 6 points from 6 games (W1 D3 L2).

I'd expect Kewell to have more points that Curle with this squad as he's at least partially responsible for building it, whereas Curle's got to work with what he's got.  If (and sadly it's a big "if") Curle is in charge next season and get's enough influence over recruitment then that's when he can be properly judged.

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Curle has 6 points from 6 games (W1 D3 L2).

I'd expect Kewell to have more points that Curle with this squad as he's at least partially responsible for building it, whereas Curle's got to work with what he's got.  If (and sadly it's a big "if") Curle is in charge next season and get's enough influence over recruitment then that's when he can be properly judged.

Oops - it is 6 points - my bad. Maybe that extra point is the impact of the ‘new manager bounce’? 🤔

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Oops - it is 6 points - my bad. Maybe that extra point is the impact of the ‘new manager bounce’? 🤔

Ha yeah the extra point has made all the difference to our season!  😄

It's crazy that the period of time that Curle might be in charge of us for is a time that he really shouldn't be judged either way for.  Possibly the most proven manager that we've appointed in 15 years could also be the most pointless.

22 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Ha yeah the extra point has made all the difference to our season!  😄

It's crazy that the period of time that Curle might be in charge of us for is a time that he really shouldn't be judged either way for.  Possibly the most proven manager that we've appointed in 15 years could also be the most pointless.

I have a sneaking suspicion that plans are in place for him to be here next season. 

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that plans are in place for him to be here next season. 

Hopefully we'll have some continuity which if he fails will definitively prove it's not the manager, if anybody was still in doubt. 

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the owners haven't got any plans for anything like that. 

24 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the owners haven't got any plans for anything like that. 

There are two superfluous words at the end of your post

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, League one forever said:

While I think 14 games isn’t a long period.  Results do have to improve for him to be considered for next season.  

His chosen style of play doesn't suit the players at his disposal with one or two exceptions. Pidge has flourished so has Whelan, Adams would fit in most teams at this level. The choice is going to be Curle next season with his players or A. N. Other with players picked up last minute, I am prepared to take the Curle option (my opinion only). 

• Like 2

If he was auditioning for the job, he'd be trying to win playing whatever formation suited the players he had available. He isn't. He's trying to get them used to his preferred setup, so he can assess their suitability, and they're in a better place at the start of next season (the ones he keeps anyway). Therefore he must already know he has the job.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

If he was auditioning for the job, he'd be trying to win playing whatever formation suited the players he had available. He isn't. He's trying to get them used to his preferred setup, so he can assess their suitability, and they're in a better place at the start of next season (the ones he keeps anyway). Therefore he must already know he has the job.

What he doesn't know is the cheaper players worse than we have now who will be brought in by Mo for next season. 

Edited by BP1960
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What he doesn't know is the cheaper players worse than we have now who will be brought in by Mo for next season. 

Can't see an experienced manager like Curle settling for Mo bringing in players  he doesn't fancy.

We live in hope. 

7 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Can't see an experienced manager like Curle settling for Mo bringing in players  he doesn't fancy.

We live in hope. 

He doesn't fancy the vast majority we have now, some of whom will still be here next season.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He doesn't fancy the vast majority we have now, some of whom will still be here next season.

I don't know how you're sure who he does and doesn't rate but I'd agree the majority won't fall in with his perceived favoured method so it's vital that he's allowed to bring in a few of his choices to "beef up" our squad.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He’d be in the same boat as most of us then - they are in the main, wank 

Can’t wait for Curle to sit down with Mo just to hear

”Big big talent, many clubs” 

Edited by Chaddyexile84
  • Like 1
On 4/5/2021 at 5:05 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Or 2 wins in 8...

On 4/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, League one forever said:

Absolutely- but let’s be fair. . 

Won 2 

Drawn 3

Lost 3

If he can win 2/3 more from the last 6 games his stay is justified based on results IMO. 

Won 3 

Drawn 3

Lost 3. 

• Like 1