MATCH: vs Exeter City (H) 23/03/21

Didn't deserve it, but we'll take it.

Piergianni MOM for me, Adams put in a huge shift, Jameson also did a very decent job. Walker did great on his shots, but he will cost us a match or two with his fannying about in front of goal.  Whelan also had another good match after the first thirty minutes where he was crowded out.

Great finish from McCalmont too.  

And what can you say about Tasdemir that hasn't already been said?  A real contender for the Sonhy Sefil Award.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, they haven't quite set a new record for worst ever home form in a season. Just.

Sometimes you simply need to win a game by hook or by crook to stop a bad run. We did that. Some very good performances and some really poor ones. Curle looks to have them organised and he's a very vociferous touchline coach. he also deserved a win.

I'd be really pissed off if was an Exeter fan, but, how many times have we been in that position. 

That's a double win over them, and they are a pretty good side.

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d play Luamba Saturday. 

We aren’t going down, start experimenting. 

Junior is a good friend of my eldest, such a nice lad - he's been itching to get a spell.

They looked determined to get another draw for the last 15 minutes but credit yo the players for hanging on and to KC forgetting to a point where they are capable of it. Need to keep improving on that now.

1 minute ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Racist 

I beg your pardon?

Never in my life have I ever judged another human being for their race, colour or creed.

I'd like to see the young lad given more of a chance from what I've seen of him so far.

Comparisons to the great Roger Palmer are a massive compliment, not what's going through your mind.

Thought Pidge was again outstanding and Walker had his best game yet.What a fab second goal.Unstoppable. Wish Grant was back since that imposter again did nothing when replacing Dunn.

The new lad looked good and nearly scored.A good prospect .Just chuffed for a home win and feel Curles experience at this level is needed.Hope we sign him and give him a chance to sort us out for next season

Allowing for the obvious difference to Saturday in the quality of the opposition, this evening we saw the return of too many all too familiar failings. Poor passing, inability to keep hold of the ball, frequently caught in possession; which meant we were under pressure for large parts of the match.

And yet we won the contest against a team which, on the night looked physically and technically far better than us. Once again Piergianni was immense, leading by example and both Jameson and Walker put in very good performances.

At times we were pushed back deep into our final third, with Exeter coming at us constantly. Both McCalmont and Whelan worked hard  but were often outmuscled and seemingly outnumbered in the middle of the park. 

Three or four were way off the pace this evening - Badan, Hilssner and Keillor-Dunn had poor games and McAleny just could not get involved. 

In the end we won because we dug in, rode our luck at the back and took our chances at the other end. It was another nervous home display but we fought to the end.

Deserved?  Maybe not but we scored two superb goals to their one so we’ll take it 👍

Thankfully we are away from home on Saturday!

Hillsner needs to play CDM or let him go to the buffet and full his boots, swear he’s getting bigger.

I liked the description of Tasdemir being called a false 9, he must be so confused how he’s a footballer.

Take the win but we played shit. 

Whelan and Alfie are tidy players, Whelan could be a big player for us next season. Need to work on his left foot as I’ve never seen him use it, but a player in there. 

Just listened to Curle's post match interview. No bullshit and talked a lot of sense. Be very happy to see him here next season. Might not be the most exciting football but I really think he could get us out of this God forsaken league.

He's the man who may just be the one tell Mo to fuck off and stop poking his nose in.

If the Muppets let him recruit the right players, I thing we have a chance.

I'm probably delusional, pissed or both!!

Archived