Karl Evans Departure Watch

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well thought I might as well 

he must know he is pissing in the wind, do we think he will be here come the start of next season? 

As long he is getting paid, then yes. 

In some ways it’s the dream job, no one expects him to be able to implement anything, and he has no real decision making responsibility. Plenty would be happy to pick up their wage in those circumstances, particularly in a pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

As long he is getting paid, then yes. 

In some ways it’s the dream job, no one expects him to be able to implement anything, and he has no real decision making responsibility. Plenty would be happy to pick up their wage in those circumstances, particularly in a pandemic. 

I get that - he seemed full of beans when he arrived, I just wonder if he’s still feeling that way a few months in especially as he’s the one trying to sell a good ST deal whilst taking the questions that those above him should be fielding 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I get that - he seemed full of beans when he arrived, I just wonder if he’s still feeling that way a few months in especially as he’s the one trying to sell a good ST deal whilst taking the questions that those above him should be fielding 

I suppose it depends on what your professional integrity is like. If he hasn’t figured out by now they’re full of shit, then he never will. Having said that, he must of known of their reputation before he joined. Which suggests to me he’s happy with the wage and playing politics. 

The part I would find difficult in his job is having to carry through this owners orders. “Karl I want you to make life difficult for this player because the contract I signed was too big and I want him off the payroll. Make him play with the boys. See if you can find anything on him to make him look bad. If it’s not bad enough to sack him,  Put out a statement.” 

Someone with integrity wouldn’t stay long.

I get the feeling that the realistic crew are not happy with him. And the realistic crew are very close to certain members of the club hierarchy. I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4592, but I do feel like it could be ominous for KE...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I get the feeling that the realistic crew are not happy with him. And the realistic crew are very close to certain members of the club hierarchy. I'm probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4592, but I do feel like it could be ominous for KE...

Yep - anyone with aspiration to run the club properly are on a hiding to nothing 

and I imagine he’s bright enough to have the same opinion of the “realistic lads” as the rest of us 

His Twitter rants are a bit strange and I can’t get my head around why a CEO will engage with this. Plus the fact he says he’s only here for the stand and it’s doesn’t look like that will get resolved. He doesn’t seem to have much idea of what’s going on, see Barry and co hotel business. He doesn’t get involved with the football side as he’s not interested in it. 

He does a monthly interview with PTB but what else does he actually do ? 

I don't know whether I have got the wrong end of the stick with this, but Andy at identityFS said on the @BPASthis week that they weren't happy with the way people were dealt with by certain members of the club "and not by the people you would necessarily expect." I'd imagine that rules out Abdallah, Mo and Barry so can only assume it was Karl they were on about...?

I still can't fathom why you would ask a shirt sponsor to step aside for a supposedly bigger sponsor, when you actually haven't any other sponsors lined up and "looking at a few options". It strikes me that those weren't the actual sequence of events.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

I still can't fathom why you would ask a shirt sponsor to step aside for a supposedly bigger sponsor, when you actually haven't any other sponsors lined up and "looking at a few options". It strikes me that those weren't the actual sequence of events.

Hanlon's razor?

30 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

KC has already got the team playing a certain way, with players that aren't his, do you think he would want half of these jokers in the team if he had a choice, I don't.

Got me thinking this... I wonder, if he had the choice and they were available, which of the current first team squad would Curle want to keep next season? Obviously without asking him we will never know but if I had to guess...

Of the players currently contracted:

Piergianni,

Jameson,

Borthwick-Jackson,

Adams,

Fage,

Bahamboula,

Keillor-Dunn,

McAleny,

Whelan,

Dearnley (if he gets to see him play this season)

Of the loanees:

Clarke,

McAlmont,

Lawlor

Whereabouts unknown:

Blackwood,

Barnes,

The jokers:

Bilboe,

Badan,

Jombati,

Diarra,

Ntambwe,

Garrity,

Grant,

Tasdemir,

Hilssner(?)

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Got me thinking this... I wonder, if he had the choice and they were available, which of the current first team squad would Curle want to keep next season? Obviously without asking him we will never know but if I had to guess...

Piergianni,

Jameson,

Borthwick-Jackson,

Adams,

Fage,

Bahamboula,

Keillor-Dunn,

McAleny,

Whelan,

Of the loanees:

Clarke,

McAlmont,

Lawlor

Whereabouts unknown:

Blackwood,

Barnes,

The jokers:

Bilboe,

Badan,

Jombati,

Diarra,

Ntambwe,

Garrity,

Grant,

Tasdemir,

Hilssner(?)

Walker?

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Piergianni,

Jameson,

Borthwick-Jackson,

Adams,

Fage,

Bahamboula,

Keillor-Dunn,

McAleny,

Whelan,

Of the loanees:

Clarke,

McAlmont,

Lawlor

Whereabouts unknown:

Blackwood,

Barnes,

The jokers:

Bilboe,

Badan,

Jombati,

Diarra,

Ntambwe,

Garrity,

Grant,

Tasdemir,

Hilssner(?)

Adddd to the contracted players I think you could add Hilssner & Clarke if they want or are allowed to stay.

Add another or two  experienced centre mids.

I would also add an experienced centre half to play with Pidge.

What the twam does need is 2 centre forwards who can mix it and hold the ball up, aswell as scoring goals. Quigley at Barrow has caught my eye both times I've seen him.

Im sure KC will know the types of forwards he needs.

The jokers list is exactly that with the exception of Hilssner, I think its harsh puttong him alongside that group.

Just now, maximus1267 said:

Adddd to the contracted players I think you could add Hilssner & Clarke if they want or are allowed to stay.

Add another or two  experienced centre mids.

I would also add an experienced centre half to play with Pidge.

What the twam does need is 2 centre forwards who can mix it and hold the ball up, aswell as scoring goals. Quigley at Barrow has caught my eye both times I've seen him.

Im sure KC will know the types of forwards he needs.

The jokers list is exactly that with the exception of Hilssner, I think its harsh puttong him alongside that group.

2 x keepers also

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Piergianni,

Jameson,

Borthwick-Jackson,

Adams,

Fage,

Bahamboula,

Keillor-Dunn,

McAleny,

Whelan,

Of the loanees:

Clarke,

McAlmont,

Lawlor

Whereabouts unknown:

Blackwood,

Barnes,

The jokers:

Bilboe,

Badan,

Jombati,

Diarra,

Ntambwe,

Garrity,

Grant,

Tasdemir,

Hilssner(?)

But harsh on grant and were stuck with diarra

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

But harsh on grant and were stuck with diarra

This was my guess at who Curle would keep from the current first team regulars - I’m not convinced that he rates Grant and I’m not sure if he had any input into the club taking up Diarra’s contract option.

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This was my guess at who Curle would keep from the current first team regulars - I’m not convinced that he rates Grant and I’m not sure if he had any input into the club taking up Diarra’s contract option.

He's worth €200k - no brainer to extend him?

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Must not rate Grant if he would rather play Taz and Lumaba 

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Must not rate Grant if he would rather play Taz and Lumaba 

Bar the very first game against Carlisle- I think Grant is awful 

Archived