Karl Evans Departure Watch

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bar the very first game against Carlisle- I think Grant is awful 

He has scored half as many goals in the league as Piergianni (2 v 4), and has the same number of assists as Badan (2).  Those are abysmal stats.

He might be the best forward we have at holding the ball up, but I'm not sure he's particularly good at it - just the best of a bad bunch.

I'd be amazed if we couldn't do better.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He has scored half as many goals in the league as Piergianni (2 v 4), and has the same number of assists as Badan (2).  Those are abysmal stats.

He might be the best forward we have at holding the ball up, but I'm not sure he's particularly good at it - just the best of a bad bunch.

I'd be amazed if we couldn't do better.

He has the same abysmal stats as 2 players who play further behind and whom goals and assists wouldn’t be their main job anyway (Dont like Badan either) then his shocking red card is worth a 3 point deduction too - I just don’t see a lot when he’s been on 

** I wrote that like you were disagreeing with me but on a second read I don’t think you were 🤣

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He has the same abysmal stats as 2 players who play further behind and whom goals and assists wouldn’t be their main job anyway (Dont like Badan either) then his shocking red card is worth a 3 point deduction too - I just don’t see a lot when he’s been on 

** I wrote that like you were disagreeing with me but on a second read I don’t think you were 🤣

Haha, completely on the same page as you when it comes to Grant.  I don't see what he brings to the team most of the time he plays.

At this stage I would rather see Luamba play, but I think we can get a more experienced upgrade over the summer.

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Haha, completely on the same page as you when it comes to Grant.  I don't see what he brings to the team most of the time he plays.

At this stage I would rather see Luamba play, but I think we can get a more experienced upgrade over the summer.

Think we will see a bit of Luamba going off Curle’s comments last night 

48 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Think we will see a bit of Luamba going off Curle’s comments last night 

I'd like to see both Junior and Kyle given much more game time now, especially after last night's win, both will play a pivotal part in next season's promotion push.

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Not lost a game he’s featured in 

Wasn't the other game the Grimsby 0-0?  It was his pro debut granted but I didn't think he look ready for it from memory.

Last night I liked the way he put himself about and would definitely be happy to see him given opportunities between now and the end of the season.

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wasn't the other game the Grimsby 0-0?  It was his pro debut granted but I didn't think he look ready for it from memory.

Last night I liked the way he put himself about and would definitely be happy to see him given opportunities between now and the end of the season.

Yeah I was only messing. He should have taken his opportunity better on Tuesday IMO. 

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah I was only messing. He should have taken his opportunity better on Tuesday IMO. 

It'll come and with more game time and the odd goal, he'll be proper up and running.

Excited at seeing young players coming through because they can do the full 90.

45 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It'll come and with more game time and the odd goal, he'll be proper up and running.

Excited at seeing young players coming through because they can do the full 90.

I'm not so sure that a youngster up front would be expected to do a full 90, more stick them on for the first hour or at half time.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Definitely agree about giving the youngsters some playing time between now and the end of the season.  We've got a shape that we could fit them into and experienced players like Pidge and Adams who could help them through games, but we've also got first teamers who aren't playing well enough to guarantee their place.  We aren't going down or up so there wouldn't be as much pressure on them.  Luamba proved to be a lot more effective than Tasdemir in giving the defence an outlet last night.

There is talk that a few of the younger players will be offered professional contracts for next season - three or four is the number being bandied around. So far this season we have had only fleeting glimpses of Hough, Sutton, Da Silva and Luamba - I would imagine that some/all of these could be in the running.

20 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm not so sure that a youngster up front would be expected to do a full 90, more stick them on for the first hour or at half time.

Didn't mean it in the literal sense, I was on about how they wouldn't be blowing out of their arse if they had to do the full 90.

It's a young man's game helped on by a subtle blend of experienced players, it's great to see the future and tuesday night we got a glimpse.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Agree, but of course early days and hopefully he learns fast. It would have been brilliant if Luamba had a really expereinced pro to learn of this latter half of the season.  Him as lone striker is not the ideal for the first few games of his career. Lots of potential there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:42 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well thought I might as well 

he must know he is pissing in the wind, do we think he will be here come the start of next season? 

Let’s be honest here , we all thought that Karl was a breath of fresh air , until he threw his toys out of the pram and going all birkett, blocking everyone that disagreed with his (superior) opinion and thinking that £40 is an acceptable refund for 20/21 season ticket holders... if he goes then good riddance!

Just now, Jack_The_Lad said:

Let’s be honest here , we all thought that Karl was a breath of fresh air , until he threw his toys out of the pram and going all birkett, blocking everyone that disagreed with his (superior) opinion and thinking that £40 is an acceptable refund for 20/21 season ticket holders... if he goes then good riddance!

I agree tbf 

Guest Stanley30
12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Spoke to him today...he ain’t going anywhere!!

Means nothing as it won't be his decision 

Archived