Karl Evans Departure Watch

41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thought you'd styled yourselves as the guys who won't take no for a answer? If he's not prepared to answer questions that don't suit then everybody is just wasting their time.

Can't help thinking the Trust would have been hammered if they sent a similar update out.

If that is what we did on every interview I would understand but it isn’t.

If that’s your take on it, it’s feedback we take on board and decide how we progress with the club in future. 👍

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

If they refuse to provide an answer or simply cant answer what do you do? If you cut the interview short, there will be people asking why the other questions weren’t asked. In the interview is our reaction to the lack of clarity or answers along with the after thoughts. They lack of answers should be all you need to know about the progress currently made. 

What do you do?

You could of said, Karl - thanks for taking the time but this is pointless. We are going round in circles, and you either can’t or won’t answer our questions. So we’ll it leave it there.  

We as fans owe this lot nothing, and I’m sick and tired of the fans/PTB constantly being the ones trying to build bridges with egomaniacs and sycophants. 

The time for talking and being patronised is over. 

We will never, I mean never get the answers we want from this lot because quite simply they don’t have to tell us fuck all. Nor do they have zero interest in doing so. 

Next season id like to see PTB organise and/or galvanise protest at games. 

#supprttheteamnottheregime

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Can’t force someone to provide an answer. I trust PTB to push for the answer. If Karl wants to sit in the arse of the owners, nothing you can do about it. 

You can’t force someone to provide answers - but you trust them to find an answer????

How does that work? They’re not psychologists. 

You’re conflating the good work PTB are trying to do, with the material affect of talking to someone who can’t or won’t speak, or who doesn’t have to. 

It’s way past the point of meaningful dialogue IMO. 

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Thought you'd styled yourselves as the guys who won't take no for a answer? If he's not prepared to answer questions that don't suit then everybody is just wasting their time.

Can't help thinking the Trust would have been hammered if they sent a similar update out.

Spot on Eyrsey. 

They should of thanked him and walked out. 

I think the lack of answering the questions or refusing to answer says more than the "answer" provided.
He's clueless or hiding a shitstorm.

PTB have put the questions to him. The "answers" given are on record.
"No comment" speaks volumes IMO, as does waffling away from the question.
Bit like the clown in charge of the government.

Karl Evans has been here about 7 months now and IMO has made absolutely no difference whatsoever to the overall situation. 

He’s now in total charge of the day to day running of the club so if he can’t answer our questions or alleviate our concerns nothing will change!!

Getting confirmation that the North Stand would be open for the start of the new season was absolutely vital and would, on its own, have provided a massive boost to ST sales. 

The Lemsagam’s are out of the country and it seems Evans is simply paying lip service. The stand closed 15 months ago and fact they still haven’t met with Blitz or the OEC leads me to believe it will not be open anytime soon or even at all......what an absolute shambles of a club.

As a previous poster said, the time for talking is well and truly over....enough is enough!

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

The time for talking and being patronised is over. 

We will never, I mean never get the answers we want from this lot because quite simply they don’t have to tell us fuck all. Nor do they have zero interest in doing so. 

Next season id like to see PTB organise and/or galvanise protest at games. 

#supprttheteamnottheregime

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The Lemsagam’s are out of the country and it seems Evans is simply paying lip service. The stand closed 15 months ago and fact they still haven’t met with Blitz or the OEC leads me to believe it will not be open anytime soon or even at all......what an absolute shambles of a club.

As a previous poster said, the time for talking is well and truly over....enough is enough!

The Lemsagam Regime is beyond common sense with regard to forging a decent relationship with our supporters

Protesting at Home games will be like water off a ducks back to them as you have already paid to get in the ground and it would be distracting for the players

We can support the team not the regime at Away games without funding the Lemsagams

#AWAY DAY ARMY

43 minutes ago, tGWB said:

The Lemsagam Regime is beyond common sense with regard to forging a decent relationship with our supporters

Protesting at Home games will be like water off a ducks back to them as you have already paid to get in the ground and it would be distracting for the players

We can support the team not the regime at Away games without funding the Lemsagams

#AWAY DAY ARMY

Yeah, fair point. 

At this point I'm not sure what is in it for Karl Evans.  If he is totally at the mercy of AL and Mo and doesn't have the autonomy to sort out the obvious club issues himself, then he's being asked to do his job with both his arms behind his back.  No amount of price reductions or funny twitter videos will make a difference to club revenue.

He should give them an ultimatum - remove the barriers to him doing his job (mainly closure of the JR stand and not being able to sell season tickets or hospitality) or he walks.

33 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

At this point I'm not sure what is in it for Karl Evans.  If he is totally at the mercy of AL and Mo and doesn't have the autonomy to sort out the obvious club issues himself, then he's being asked to do his job with both his arms behind his back.  No amount of price reductions or funny twitter videos will make a difference to club revenue.

He should give them an ultimatum - remove the barriers to him doing his job (mainly closure of the JR stand and not being able to sell season tickets or hospitality) or he walks.

i imagine he has a mortgage.  Not many people re in a position to walk on principle

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i imagine he has a mortgage.  Not many people re in a position to walk on principle

It would depend on your confidence in being able to find another job before the end of your notice period I suppose.

20 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Wait, so Karl has been to busy to come up with a strategy / vision for the club? Why? What has he been sidetracked with ?

Based from that interview alone sounds like he’s being doing fuck all recently ? Has any progress been made since the last interview ? Get off Twitter and do

your job. 

Oh i wouldn't say he's done fuck all, he's driven sponsors out of the club, told 2 different stories to 2 separate fans groups on the same issue, lost the head groundsman and failed to replace him, come up with a unsustainable season ticket offer, come up with a badge design nobody really wanted and observed that Morecambe who are in 4th place don't have players as good as ours who are languishing in 16th. Still, he's told a few stories about Man United and said at least we aren't Bury! 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Karl Evans has been here about 7 months now and IMO has made absolutely no difference whatsoever to the overall situation. 

He’s now in total charge of the day to day running of the club so if he can’t answer our questions or alleviate our concerns nothing will change!!

Getting confirmation that the North Stand would be open for the start of the new season was absolutely vital and would, on its own, have provided a massive boost to ST sales. 

Totally agree with you on the North Stand. I just wish someone would tell us what is the real problem is to stop it opening.

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

Oh i wouldn't say he's done fuck all, he's driven sponsors out of the club, told 2 different stories to 2 separate fans groups on the same issue, lost the head groundsman and failed to replace him, come up with a unsustainable season ticket offer, come up with a badge design nobody really wanted and observed that Morecambe who are in 4th place don't have players as good as ours who are languishing in 16th. Still, he's told a few stories about Man United and said at least we aren't Bury! 

Can’t disagree on this...

And even the new kit and badge has gone quiet 

place is fucked 

On 4/28/2021 at 4:21 PM, adamoafc said:

You beat me to it Big Dog. Certainly is alarming that basic questions can’t be answered. For me it shows how little progression is actually being made and pushes people even more to the belief of what apart from new owners could possibly change the clubs fortunes. 

Great work by you and the PTB guys even so Adam, thanks for the update. You're keeping the pressure on.

I wonder if Karl may be auditioning for the next series of Line of Duty? "No comment....no comment....no comment". Perhaps Barry with his impeccable copper connections could have a word?

On 4/28/2021 at 11:53 PM, League one forever said:

You can’t force someone to provide answers - but you trust them to find an answer????

How does that work? They’re not psychologists. 

You’re conflating the good work PTB are trying to do, with the material affect of talking to someone who can’t or won’t speak, or who doesn’t have to. 

It’s way past the point of meaningful dialogue IMO. 

I think you’ll find I said you can’t force someone to provide an answer. But I trust PTB to PUSH for an answer. Not find an answer. 

If the man doesn’t want to respond for whatever reason, what can you do. 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think you’ll find I said you can’t force someone to provide an answer. But I trust PTB to PUSH for an answer. Not find an answer. 

Let's be honest here, PTB have asked the questions, there isn't much more they can do. For the first 4 months he blamed everything on it being before his time. With regard to the sponsors etc. he probably didn't want to answer as it would be embarrassing for himself when the FA are investigating him for his actions which led to the sponsors walking away.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Let's be honest here, PTB have asked the questions, there isn't much more they can do. For the first 4 months he blamed everything on it being before his time. With regard to the sponsors etc. he probably didn't want to answer as it would be embarrassing for himself when the FA are investigating him for his actions which led to the sponsors walking away.

Agreed, Karl’s a waste of time. 

Said himself he’s only here for the stand, 7 months on it’s still shut with no progress being made. 

59 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

😂 Sorry mis-quoted a single word, which completely changes what you were saying. . . 

As you then rightly point out - PTB can try to find or push for an answer but they won’t get it, so it’s not a matter of trust. They could and should have walked out, really good to see their follow up the next day. Which was basically saying - enough is enough. 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

He can't answer the most important questions either because he doesn't know the answer, or it would get him sacked if he answered honestly.

Indeed at the end of the day he's just the messenger while Abdullah and Mo sit in their ivory tower. Although he must have known that this is what he signed up for.

Archived