MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (A) 27/03/21

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weekend ruined again, still we live in hope for better next time.

Well done Alfie.

Callum Whelan has lots of bad press on here but was head up at least trying to play forward.

Too often we try to play out from the back when it should be cleared simply.

The back three do look good, still not happy with full backs, CBJ is best choice for left back in my view but many on here don't rate him.

Conor Mac is obviously suffering, Marcel doesnt seem to fit, DKD has lost his sparkle but still works hard.

2 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Well done Alfie.

Callum Whelan has lots of bad press on here but was head up at least trying to play forward.

The back three do look good, still not happy with full backs, CBJ is best choice for left back in my view but many on here don't rate him.

Conor Mac is obviously suffering, Marcel doesnt seem to fit, DKD has lost his sparkle but still works hard.

Latics stopped ruining my weekends years ago now. You’ll have plenty of shit weekends ahead if this squad and ownership are still ruining your weekends. I used to be really pissed when we lost, but I literally don’t bother anymore. 

Our first half display  deserved more  but two idiotic decisions cost us  2 nd half we weren’t as good but pulled one back. Funny old game  football but we needed  more 2nd half  should of brought Sutton on and put piagianni up top  for last 20 mins 

25 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Well done Alfie.

With you there MF

Some crazy decision making cost us and we really do need to stop this playing out from the back, we're not good enough.

Points cushion now down to 10 

Similar assessment to half time, played fairly well in their half but we had no target to play off which made it very difficult to create chances, as a result our attackers were feeding off scraps.  McCalmont managed to make something very impressive out of his scrap mind.

Thought Walker did well again and made some good stops, the back three is fine overall aside from Clarke's awful back pass, not convinced by Jameson on the ball further up the pitch but I like him as a left centre back. 

Adams was uncharacteristically poor and as with Clarke played a terrible ball for their 2nd, although it's almost worth keeping him on for his dead ball threat as that was lacking at the end.  Badan looked much more natural in his position today, not great delivery but he didn't have much to aim for.  He looked positive early on but got more cautious as it went on, but that's his natural position and centre back certainly isn't.

Whelan and McCalmont misplaced a few passes but they are looking a lot more ready for league football compared to earlier in the season.  McCalmont's finish was quality and I'd be happy seeing Hilßner drop deeper to allow him to do more in advanced position.

The front three huffed and puffed without much joy, DKD and McAleny looked frustrated whereas I thought Hilßner was poor again.  That said, Vaughan was our only attacking option on the bench which shows how injury hit we are up front.

Credit to Diarra he was the best sub to come on.  He clearly lacks the composure and discipline to play as a centre back but his energy when sitting in front of the defence was a plus today.  Fage and CBJ gave us fresher legs but didn't really add any quality when we needed it.

It was a different game from Tuesday and we played the ball around fairly well, almost certainly because we have no one to aim for.  Curle showed today (like at Bradford) that he's not afraid to get us passing the ball around and it's good to see that we're able to adapt our style of play under him.  The boss is never blameless when a team loses, but poor individual errors and lack of attacking options were the main reasons for our defeat today.

51 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Well done Alfie.

You let a defeat against Leyton Orient in a game which is pretty meaningless as our season ended weeks ago ruin your weekend?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You let a defeat against Leyton Orient in a game which is pretty meaningless as our season ended weeks ago ruin your weekend?

It really shouldnt, you are quite correct Glossop.

Why do I care so much, its irrational and tragic in many ways.

Without faith and hope of better days ahead, give up, stop going, don't pay any attention to the results.

In spite of the circus going on in the boardroom, I support Oldham Athletic, that's it.

I hold Joe Royle personally responsible for my faith and belief that miracles can happen at BP.

1 minute ago, Mayfield said:

It really shouldnt, you are quite correct Glossop.

Why do I care so much, its irrational and tragic in many ways.

Without faith and hope of better days ahead, give up, stop going, don't pay any attention to the results.

In spite of the circus going on in the boardroom, I support Oldham Athletic, that's it.

I hold Joe Royle personally responsible for my faith and belief that miracles can happen at BP.

Yeah I understand that sentiment mate entirely as I said earlier in the thread their will be a time when things will change and they will. Its frustrating seeing us as we are at the moment but I don't let it get you down to much.

Maybe I said that because I was at a funeral yesterday of a friends mum in the grand scheme of things a defeat at Leyton Orient doesn't seem that important.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Similar assessment to half time, played fairly well in their half but we had no target to play off which made it very difficult to create chances, as a result our attackers were feeding off scraps.  McCalmont managed to make something very impressive out of his scrap mind.

Thought Walker did well again and made some good stops, the back three is fine overall aside from Clarke's awful back pass, not convinced by Jameson on the ball further up the pitch but I like him as a left centre back. 

Adams was uncharacteristically poor and as with Clarke played a terrible ball for their 2nd, although it's almost worth keeping him on for his dead ball threat as that was lacking at the end.  Badan looked much more natural in his position today, not great delivery but he didn't have much to aim for.  He looked positive early on but got more cautious as it went on, but that's his natural position and centre back certainly isn't.

Whelan and McCalmont misplaced a few passes but they are looking a lot more ready for league football compared to earlier in the season.  McCalmont's finish was quality and I'd be happy seeing Hilßner drop deeper to allow him to do more in advanced position.

The front three huffed and puffed without much joy, DKD and McAleny looked frustrated whereas I thought Hilßner was poor again.  That said, Vaughan was our only attacking option on the bench which shows how injury hit we are up front.

Credit to Diarra he was the best sub to come on.  He clearly lacks the composure and discipline to play as a centre back but his energy when sitting in front of the defence was a plus today.  Fage and CBJ gave us fresher legs but didn't really add any quality when we needed it.

It was a different game from Tuesday and we played the ball around fairly well, almost certainly because we have no one to aim for.  Curle showed today (like at Bradford) that he's not afraid to get us passing the ball around and it's good to see that we're able to adapt our style of play under him.  The boss is never blameless when a team loses, but poor individual errors and lack of attacking options were the main reasons for our defeat today.

False number 9..yet another trendy position, probably dreamed up by academic coaches on a chessboard.

What next a false goalkeeper?

Archived