Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who did this? Brilliant. Take a bow.

It's been a while but more than ever   De de de de fucking shambles.....

Strike whilst the iron’s hot....the club is in complete meltdown. PTB, the Trust & the FLG need to get together constructively, whip the fans into a persuasive force and get these fuckers out once

Posted Images

So this is starting to look like someone senior has said something racist about our manager. Seriously??? So BO and three sponsors go, and now it might include the manager who has actually started to steady the ship a little. If this is about any type of racist comments on KC then it really is the last straw for whoever said whatever they said. Racism is totally unacceptable. KC will have our full support, i have no doubt about that. Question is, who said what? Was it the ex copper (who was so quick to stand by what was, at the time, a convicted rapist -  i said at the time, and there was a lot of institutional damage)? Or was it coco and bro (which would be very weird...but then...)?

 

WTF is going on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, the Curle walking rumour got scotched quicksmart by the usual realizable source.

 

If I’m speculating, reeks of Karl Evans having a massive Barney with the sponsor. Bazza sort of falling on his sword, possibly because he knows the endgame is now in play and he doesn’t want to get caught as collateral damage. Weirdly I don’t think the brothers have had much to do with this current fur-flying, even though the toxic environment is of their making.

 

Evans probably has designs on attracting sponsors away from the local area if my speculation is warm and he’s happy for the local boys to take their bat and ball home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

So this is starting to look like someone senior has said something racist about our manager. Seriously??? So BO and three sponsors go, and now it might include the manager who has actually started to steady the ship a little. If this is about any type of racist comments on KC then it really is the last straw for whoever said whatever they said. Racism is totally unacceptable. KC will have our full support, i have no doubt about that. Question is, who said what? Was it the ex copper (who was so quick to stand by what was, at the time, a convicted rapist -  i said at the time, and there was a lot of institutional damage)? Or was it coco and bro (which would be very weird...but then...)?

 

WTF is going on? 


and I thought my speculation might be wild and slightly askew! 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

So this is starting to look like someone senior has said something racist about our manager. Seriously??? So BO and three sponsors go, and now it might include the manager who has actually started to steady the ship a little. If this is about any type of racist comments on KC then it really is the last straw for whoever said whatever they said. Racism is totally unacceptable. KC will have our full support, i have no doubt about that. Question is, who said what? Was it the ex copper (who was so quick to stand by what was, at the time, a convicted rapist -  i said at the time, and there was a lot of institutional damage)? Or was it coco and bro (which would be very weird...but then...)?

 

WTF is going on? 

Wow, you got all that from some bullshit twitter account. Let's wait for the facts before people start flying off the handle eh.

Edited by Barry Bosnian
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Nah, the Curle walking rumour got scotched quicksmart by the usual realizable source.

 

If I’m speculating, reeks of Karl Evans having a massive Barney with the sponsor. Bazza sort of falling on his sword, possibly because he knows the endgame is now in play and he doesn’t want to get caught as collateral damage. Weirdly I don’t think the brothers have had much to do with this current fur-flying, even though the toxic environment is of their making.

 

Evans probably has designs on attracting sponsors away from the local area if my speculation is warm and he’s happy for the local boys to take their bat and ball home.

As I tried to imply earlier. I think this is exactly what’s happened. It’s also why ALMO aren’t going anywhere, because on this occasion I don’t think it’s got anything to do with them directly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think this is exactly what’s happened.

Based on what? Why does everything have to become a conversation about race. You have no basis for this line of thought other than someone on twitter calling themselves "@angrylatic" spreading bullshit.

 

And "angrylatic" as much as said it was bollocks anyway:

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Oldham Times (reporter Adam Lord)

OLDHAM Athletic director Barry Owen has resigned from the club.

The news comes as sponsors Oldham Vending Services have called for their names to be removed from the front of Latics’ shirt with immediate effect.

They join HotelRooms 4 U, of which Owen is a part owner, and Identity FS, in withdrawing their financial support for the club.

Oldham Vending Services said on Twitter: “Unfortunately, given events of this week we have no option but to terminate our association with #oafc and have requested all sponsorship removed from front of shirt and the boards. Our club is a disgrace.”

When contacted by The Oldham Times, Mr Owen said he would be providing a full comment at a later date.

A Latics statement read: “Oldham Athletic can confirm that Barry Owen has left as a Director with immediate effect.

“At the request of the club, Mr. Owen no longer has any association in an official capacity.

“No further comment will be made on this matter.”

HotelRooms 4 U said on Twitter: "We are sad to announce that we have took the decision to remove our services and sponsorship to #oafc with immediate effect in light of events that has led to other sponsors recently withdrawing from the club."

A second tweet added: "On behalf of one of our directors I can confirm Barry Owen has resigned as a Director of #oafc with immediate effect.

"He can't make any comment at this stage but he has resigned in support of the sponsors."

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Based on what? Why does everything have to become a conversation about race. You have no basis for this line of thought other than someone on twitter calling themselves "@angrylatic" spreading bullshit.

 

And "angrylatic" as much as said it was bollocks anyway:

 

 

 

Irony claxon!

 

Barry- read what I’m replying to. 
 

You’re reading what you want to see, and then making things up. So have a think before you post bollocks. 

 

Neither frankly or I talked about race. We talked about KE pissing off the sponsors off. That’s it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Irony claxon!

 

Barry- read what I’m replying to. 
 

You’re reading what you want to see, and then making things up. So have a think before you post bollocks. 

 

Neither frankly or I talked about race. We talked about KE pissing off the sponsors off. That’s it. 

Sorry, I assumed you were replying to 'bigfatjoe1' and his post about racism... should have put my readers on before posting bollocks 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The source for starting the Curle's gone rumour is not what you would call reliable... Not heppening. He's sitting there chuckling to himself.

 

 

Edited by singe
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, singe said:

The source for starting the Curle's gone rumour is not what you would call reliable... Not heppening. He's sitting there chuckling to himself.

 

 

 So we haven't a clue?

 

Glad that Curly is still with us and having a laugh. Even happier that the fleece has gone. But what went on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

...as much as said it was bollocks anyway:

 

I will never understand why people will knowingly repeat horseshit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that one of the sponsors , according to the Chron article, is Mike Halliwell, who has been a vocal supporter of the current set up. That leads to the view that something has changed dramatically and recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Interesting that one of the sponsors , according to the Chron article, is Mike Halliwell, who has been a vocal supporter of the current set up. That leads to the view that something has changed dramatically and recently.

Is there nothing on that stupid realistic latics supporters facebook page? He was a regularly contributor to that. I’m banned from it, along with a lot from here so can’t check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dickie Down said:

Interesting that one of the sponsors , according to the Chron article, is Mike Halliwell, who has been a vocal supporter of the current set up. That leads to the view that something has changed dramatically and recently.

Hotelrooms4U also confirmed they’d terminated a deal where they provided some accommodation for players, at away matches. 

Managing Director Mike Halliwell has been an Oldham Athletic fan for 40 years and told us; “This is not a decision I’ve taken lightly. 

“But I feel that I the current climate, we don’t want to be associated with any accusations of a sensitive nature.”

 

 

Really want to know what these accusations are, to who and who by.  I think it's more important than whether we play two up front tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daniel said:

Is there nothing on that stupid realistic latics supporters facebook page? He was a regularly contributor to that. I’m banned from it, along with a lot from here so can’t check.

Partington posted on there last week about how he felt his tide was turning....Grieve had already done the same.

Half an hour later the post, along with the group had disappeared.

One week on and it would seem that ‘The Realistic Supporters’ page no longer exists. Does anyone concur? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...