A remarkably muted reaction

Still not sure how I feel about this. In one sense I'm glad BO has gone but this certainly doesn't feel like a new beginning at all. It might be the beginning of the end of the Lemsagams reign at OAFC and for that we should feel optimistic but if it is I can't imagine the ending is going to be a smooth transition.

I said at the back end of last week that the noises coming out of the club that we were not looking beyond the end of the season and we were in for an interesting summer. It does feel a little bit like 2003 again this and we could be in for a rough ride.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Al has already shown he’s willing to fund the club without the north stand. Plus, we’ve handed out a few contracts in the last couple of weeks, all while sponsors are pulling out. 

I don’t think he’s going anywhere personally. 

all the exstended contracts do is incresse the fee almo recieve should they have to do a fire sale iirc a number of players got contract exstentions shortly before moore pulled the plug mean nothing if your never gonna fund them 

4 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

all the exstended contracts do is incresse the fee almo recieve should they have to do a fire sale iirc a number of players got contract exstentions shortly before moore pulled the plug mean nothing if your never gonna fund them 

Good point. Never thought of it like that. 

I’m not convinced this changes much from AL’s point of view. He is of course alienating himself further from the community and fans but he seems to be a very stubborn fella who is willing to dig his heals in. 

Hope I’m wrong of course...

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I’m not convinced this changes much from AL’s point of view. He is of course alienating himself further from the community and fans but he seems to be a very stubborn fella who is willing to dig his heals in. 

Hope I’m wrong of course...

Yeah, that’s how I see it.

I think he’ll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming. 

BO has gone and taken his 2 sponsorships with him.

Identity FS have withdraw sponsorship.

The two could be completely unrelated but the rumour mill is spinning this into the sky is falling.

Barry is gone which is a good thing. Losing Identity financial services as a sponsor isn’t but not surprising given the current economic climate

5 minutes ago, cmr said:

BO has gone and taken his 2 sponsorships with him.

Identity FS have withdraw sponsorship.

The two could be completely unrelated but the rumour mill is spinning this into the sky is falling.

Barry is gone which is a good thing. Losing Identity financial services as a sponsor isn’t but not surprising given the current economic climate

His two sponsorships?

i think we've lost:

Identity FS who said on the podcast that it was because of the way the club was being run meaning they didn't want their brand to be associated with it

OVS who are threatening legal action over 'abhorrent allegations'

Hotels4u of which Owen was a director

Could be wrong

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

His two sponsorships?

i think we've lost:

Identity FS who said on the podcast that it was because of the way the club was being run meaning they didn't want their brand to be associated with it

OVS who are threatening legal action over 'abhorrent allegations'

Hotels4u of which Owen was a director

Could be wrong

He’s involved with both OVS and hotels4u isn’t he? Could be as little as a falling out or them getting rid of him and he’s trying to save face (and money)

We all know the club is a shit show

3 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Didn’t Oldham Vending win the shirt sponsorship.?

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

the subject rings a bell but I don't think that was for the shirt

The competition / draw was for the back-of-shirt sponsors, as I entered my company 'Kick Me'  :wink:

Archived